Anti enchantment in a standard red/black deck

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm a noob.
Any card suggestions? My deck's biggest weakness is arrest, pacifism, etc of my key creatures.
Green and White are the colors that deal with Enchantments.  So you being Red/Black means, in no uncertain terms you're just SOL when it comes to answering enchantments.

Outside of Standard your options open up a little, but all the clean and simple answers will still be out of your colors.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
Knight of Infamy should handle your Arrest, Pacifism, etc. issue.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Liquimetal Coating lets Smelt destroy enchantments, but really, why you're not just using this combo to make a control deck (emphasis on land destruction) confuses me.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Black Knight
Phyrexian Crusader
Whispersilk Cloak
Lightning Greaves

Unfortunately as Anubuss said you don't have many options for Enchantment removal, but those above options might help keep them off your @$$.

@bay_falconer; are you suggesting he completely change the theme and idea of the deck that he wants to play?  Or did your post just give you some ideas for a new deck for yourself? lol. 
Just curious as not everyone likes control. =D 
I more meant that it's a good possibility, but you'd be using 10% of its potential on enchantment removal.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Yeah.  It would work for his needs but I agree with your point about it having more/better potential.  
For the record, I hope that didn't seem like I was being insulting or anything.  You've given me a few good ideas on a couple of different threads I've posted.  Cheers. 
Sign In to post comments