UWB Spirits

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

I need suggestions for my UW Spirit deck. It's mostly for casual play, but I wouldn't mind playing it in a FNM or something...

Creatures
It's kind of a neat deck.  I've played against it a bunch of times and it can very quickly take over. 

First off, I would add at least one more [C]Moorland Haunt[/C]. 

I would drop [C]Drogskol Reaver[/C].  He's just bad.  He costs a lot and does very little.  Without haste or hex proof, he's asking to be removed.  At 7 mana, you'll never be able to hold back enough mana for a counterspell to protect him either.  Focus more on pumping your tokens instead. 

I'm not sure what your budget is, but [C]Sorin, Lord of Innistrad[/C] would fit perfectly into this deck.  He'd pump your tokens AND give you more tokens!  Aside from that, consider [C]Rootborn Defenses[/C] to protect from board wipes (and for more tokens.
I'd definately recommend Favorable Winds, it pumps all your creatures as they are all flyers. I'd maybe consider Talrand's Invocation aswell, they're tokens and they fly so get pumped by Intangible Virtue and Favourable Winds. I'd agree with Abberon in cutting Drogskol Reaver, I actually quite like him but I think you should focus on your token strategy more. Also seeing as the deck runs so many instants and sorceries maybe Augur of Bolas is worth a shot, he blocks well against aggro and his chances of hitting in this deck are quite high. The mana looks pretty tricky, as alot of it comes into play tapped a fair amount of the time, however there is not much you can do about that until Gatecrash comes out.
I'd definately recommend Favorable Winds, it pumps all your creatures as they are all flyers. I'd maybe consider Talrand's Invocation aswell, they're tokens and they fly so get pumped by Intangible Virtue and Favourable Winds. I'd agree with Abberon in cutting Drogskol Reaver, I actually quite like him but I think you should focus on your token strategy more. Also seeing as the deck runs so many instants and sorceries maybe Augur of Bolas is worth a shot, he blocks well against aggro and his chances of hitting in this deck are quite high. The mana looks pretty tricky, as alot of it comes into play tapped a fair amount of the time, however there is not much you can do about that until Gatecrash comes out.

I had an Esper Tokens deck but I wanted to do something tribal. Innistrad was my favorite set in recent memory, so I went with the Spirit theme that was prevelant throughout that set.

OK, on cutting the Drogskol Reaver. He is far too much mana upon recent playtesting.

I had Augur of Bolas in the Esper Tokens deck, and I kind of like him here too. However, I may just add +3 or +4 Snapcaster Mage because it effectively doubles the amout of tokens/removal/counters in the deck.  Favorable Winds +2 of is definitely possible.

As far as Sorin, Lord of Innistrad goes, he was in the Esper Tokekns deck, and I think I'll add him here too. I miss him too much... 
Azorius Charm might work with Mindshrieker. No idea if the combination is effective or efficient enough to work. I'm going to try it in my spirits deck, however.
Azorius Charm might work with Mindshrieker. No idea if the combination is effective or efficient enough to work. I'm going to try it in my spirits deck, however.

?
It's a stack-trick (like using Ray of Revelation with Oblivion Ring.) Efficiency isn't usually the purpose in having them, but rather the combination of effects convenient for when it matters.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
It's a stack-trick (like using Ray of Revelation with Oblivion Ring.) Efficiency isn't usually the purpose in having them, but rather the combination of effects convenient for when it matters.

Yes, but it must still matter if the trick costs three, four, or seven mana. This particular trick costs four mana, but can be split so two mana are spent on your opponent's turn (Azorius Charm) and two on your turn (Mindshrieker).
Sign In to post comments