Legacy Hunter

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Legacy Hunter -
Creature - Human Rogue
If a player would search his or her library for a card, instead that player searches his or her library 2X times, where X is the number of permanents that were put into graveyards this turn.
2/1

The card was inspired by another person's card which allows you to search your graveyard instead..

2X seems very easy to abuse. Two permanents die and I get to look for 4 cards? Seems strong.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
2X seems very easy to abuse. Two permanents die and I get to look for 4 cards? Seems strong.

You only search your library that many times, there's nothing indicating you get to pick that many cards.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I would like to duplicate the whole ability that makes you search, including the part where you reveal and move the card to another zone, not simply the part where you search the library..
I have no idea, really.

"If a process would cause a player to search his or her library for a card, that player may do that process 2X times instead, where X is the number of permanents that were put into graveyards this turn."?

And yes, this is quite strong. Fetchlands?

Yxoque wrote:

I think he was mostly suggesting that in jest.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
if a player would search his or her library for a card, instead that player searches for an addirional card and puts it into in his\her hand
NO WAR

Sivitri Scarzam rose to challenge the Craw Wurm but was slain by Durkwood Boars.

Liliana emergent

And that would remove the card's whole versatility!
Whenever a spell is cast or an ability is activated or triggered, if that spell or ability would have a player search his or her library, copy that spell or ability for each permanent that has died this turn.

I think that would work.
You're missing the part where it prevents other players from searching their libraries..
If a player would search his or her library for any number of cards, instead that player searches his or her library for X cards, where X is twice the number of permanents that have been put into graveyards from the battlefield this turn. (Cards found must still meet the requirements of the effect directing the player to search for them.)

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Most search abilities want me to reveal and then move "the" card into another zone, how does that work?
Most search abilities want me to reveal and then move "the" card into another zone, how does that work?

I forget where, but there is precedent for changing all singular references to plural if the effect winds up doing something to multiple things.  I've posted about it before, but it would take me a while to find now.

Basically, "the" would change to "each" automatically (or "those" or "them," whatever makes the most sense).

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
in card searches, the reveal is require if the player can only search for a certain type of card to keep players from cheating
NO WAR

Sivitri Scarzam rose to challenge the Craw Wurm but was slain by Durkwood Boars.

Liliana emergent

That's very exciting, because my intuition told me the same thing when I posted the card! Unfortunately, I didn't come up with a scenario where it's possible to search for multiple cards even though you're supposed to search for just one single card..
Alright, there you go! ^.^ I just remember that it's the same thing with duplicates of creature tokens that are created with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and then duplicated with Parallel Lives, you'll have to sacrifice both creature tokens..
Alright, there you go! ^.^ I just remember that it's the same thing with duplicates of creature tokens that are created with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and then duplicated with Parallel Lives, you'll have to sacrifice both creature tokens..

Just remember, the same is not true for populate. Populating something made by Kiki-Jiki gives you a permanent clone.

The rules are so confusing.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Populate is a separate action though, not a replacement effect.

Yxoque wrote:

If a player would search his or her library for any number of cards, they instead perform that search for 2 times X as many cards, where x is stuff.
Now that we solved that mystery, the wording in the opening post might actually work!
Sign In to post comments