new class feature i would like to see for the fighter.

one thing i might want to see the fighter have as a bit extra:

in this playtest we have some general combat manuvers  Disarm,Grab,Knock down and push.
these al need ability checks to perform and should be placed under a seperate header general combat manuvers.

then the fighter gets the folowing bonus:
when a fighter uses a general combat manuver and is wielding a weapon he adds a bonus to the ability check roll equal to the number of dice in his experise dice pool.
+1 at first level, +2 at 4th level, +3 at 10th level
to reflect the fighter is trained in combat and manuvers like these
This is, of course, something I feel is somewhat necessary as well, as we have yet to see martial characters get any sort of statistical advantage with those combat maneuvers.  Personally, I've given up on them as none of them are good enough to spend your action on.  I'd like them better if you could get them for free in addition to your attack or in the form of the Expertise Dice system somehow.  As it stands right now, Deadly Strike is still your best option as a fighter.
I'd like something with tactics

So they could spend an action looking at the potential battlefield, roll an expertise dice, the result is the amount of ideas the GM can throw at the pcs to give them some form of bonus/cover/advantage.

This would be for experienced warriors, so 6th+ I guess.

note it is not automatically an advantage but an idea, such as if you can charge/tumble/teleport over there then you can get advantage to hit or push your target into the pit

Key things for D&D - Where is the character from and why do they do what they do? / Recurring NPCs - allies and enemies / Plot, World and Personal Events.

The weapon module Wrecan hammered out in the forums a month or so ago could be robbed for fighter abilities based on weapon family.

You could take those or something like them and make them a set of options for a fighter that is wielding that kind of weapon.

Could be more fun than adding a simple bonus to basic maneuvers.

one thing i might want to see the fighter have as a bit extra:

in this playtest we have some general combat manuvers  Disarm,Grab,Knock down and push.
these al need ability checks to perform and should be placed under a seperate header general combat manuvers.

then the fighter gets the folowing bonus:
when a fighter uses a general combat manuver and is wielding a weapon he adds a bonus to the ability check roll equal to the number of dice in his experise dice pool.
+1 at first level, +2 at 4th level, +3 at 10th level
to reflect the fighter is trained in combat and manuvers like these

I agree that the Fighter should get a static bonus to "General Combat Maneuvers". However, it would be much simpler to just give them a class ability that provided a bonus at certain levels instead of linking that to number of ED. For one, it's easier to understand and doesn't require you to cross-reference. And second, you can tweak the ED progression and the GCM bonus separately.

New Fighter Class Feature:

Master Combatant
The Fighter's skill in combat gives him an edge when trying to perform tactics like disarms, knockdowns, grabs, and pushes.
   Benefit: When performing a Disarm, Knockdown, Grab (initiating or escaping), or Push, the Fighter gains a +1 to his check. This bonus increases to +2 at level 4, and +3 and level 10. These tactics can be found in the section Combat: Actions in Combat.

I had a similar idea that gave certain fighting styles bonuses like this. The Slayer, for instance, would get a level 1 benefit: "Your aggressive fighting style grants you a +2 on checks to knockdown or push a target." Each fighting style would get a unique benefit at levels 1, 2, and 5 (as inspired from the previous rogue's scheme benefits).

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Please introduce yourself to the new D&D 5e forums in this very friendly thread started by Pukunui!

Make 5e Saving Throws better using Ramzour's Six Ability Save System!

Giving classes iconic abilities that don't break the game: Ramzour's Class Defining Ability system.

Rules for a simple non-XP based leveling up system, using the Proficiency Bonus