Husband's Nightmare Deck

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is my Husband's Nightmare deck. It is hand/creature control with reanimation. Any suggestions? Mono black and on a budget

Lands x 20
Swamp x20

Spells x25
Chalice of Life x1
Doom Blade x1
Profane Command x1
Dark Ritual x4
Hymn to Tourach x4
Chainer's Edict x4
Mind Rot x2
Skeletal Grimace x2
Consume Spirit x2
Vicious Hunger x4

Creatures x
Knight of Infamy x2
Daggerdrome Imp x2
Faceless Butcher x4
Chainer, Dementia Master x2
Priest of Gix x2
Guul Draz Specter x1
Entomber Exarch x2
Laquatus's Champion x1
Mesmeric Fiend x2
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Chalice of life only belongs in certain life gaining decks, replace it.

Mind rot is not nearly as good as hymn, replace them with hypnotic specter

Skeletal grimace is not a good idea, replace it with something that reanimates or has some graveyard effect. corpse dance is funny in black. If you want something that buffs I would suggest a living weapon of some kind or some card draw.

Running priest of gix and 4 dark rituals you really want to center in on the 3 cmc slot. You really should be running at least 2 other playsets of 3 cmc effects. Running 4 hippies should be half of them. Royal assasins if you have any. Maybe sorceress queens or some reanimation.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
This is my Husband's Nightmare deck. It is hand/creature control with reanimation. Any suggestions? Mono black and on a budget

Lands x 20
Swamp x20

Spells x25
Chalice of Life x1
Doom Blade x1
Profane Command x1
Dark Ritual x4
Hymn to Tourach x4
Chainer's Edict x4
Mind Rot x2
Skeletal Grimace x2
Consume Spirit x2
Vicious Hunger x4

Creatures x
Knight of Infamy x2
Daggerdrome Imp x2
Faceless Butcher x4
Chainer, Dementia Master x2
Priest of Gix x2
Guul Draz Specter x1
Entomber Exarch x2
Laquatus's Champion x1
Mesmeric Fiend x2

While I respect your husband's deck for having cool old school creatures like Laquatus's Champion and Chainer it's a little scatterbrained when it comes to focus. I agree that chalice should go, along with [C]Daggerdrome Imp[/c]. Next, I agree with Skein, in that your husband's deck can really abuse the three Cmc slot. Up the count on Priest of Gix to 4, and run Hypnotic Specter or Vampire nighthawk. If your husband really wants to keep something like Vicious Hunger I'd replace them with Sorin's Thirst.
When I hear Nightmare, I think Nightmare. It's a rare, and not in Standard, but there you go.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
My husband loves him some old cards he will build a deck soley for flavor and fun. we thought we would see what everyone had to say, thanks all for the help!
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!