[DM Only] Session 5 Ideas/Notes

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I ran through this with my DMs last night. This is one of those sessions where reading closely can result in some really fun RP.

Show

In the Long Way, the first city has an interesting, extremely short encounter with a bard if you fail to enter the city. It's described in 2 very short paragraphs, about a sentence each. Do not neglect this encounter. The PCs are level 5-- they are starting to gain renown and glory. This is one of those moments when you can heavily reward them in-character for their reputations.

In the Short Way, there's an encounter with some orcs. If the PCs made positive contact with the orc king earlier and succeeded at the pits, you have another opportunity to really talk the PCs up as being heroic and admirable and having some glory and renown.

Just a couple of things you can do to encourage the ongoing role-playing in the party. It's kind of like when your favorite TV show has a little reference to a previous episode, kind of rewarding the fans who have stuck through it.

I am working on a song for the bard.

(to the tune of Black Sabbath - War Pigs)

Heavens hidden by Lolth's Blackness
Heroes aid the Huddled Masses
Raiding Orcs will spread Destruction
Dwarven Treaties under Construction
In heroes, our faith keeps burning
As Drow machinations keeps turning
Bringing Death to all mankind
Prophecies, you must unwind.
Oh, Lolth, Yeah!

AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PWl6YfvD3o

A fellow DM created this intro for session 5. I thought it was pretty cool, so I'm sharing it with all of you.
Enjoy! 
AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PWl6YfvD3o

A fellow DM created this intro for session 5. I thought it was pretty cool, so I'm sharing it with all of you.
Enjoy! 

So cool. I wish I had the know-how to do something like that.