4E on Google+ Hangout (run from Pusan, South Korea)

26 posts / 0 new
Last post

I have started to run a campaign using the Fourth Edition of Dungeons & Dragons. We all live in or near Pusan, South Korea, but we live far enough apart that we meet on Google+. The next game session will probably be on Saturday night, December 1 about 8:00 EST (Sunday morning, December 2 in Korean time which is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time: the best thing to do is to use Google to check what Korean time is now for you.)

The game will be mostly run without a grid, instead using description and judgment. We had one session and it seems to work well. I can also display maps and pictures using the internet, but we here do not like to get bogged down counting squares.

Make a 1st level character using either the old downloadable or new on-line Character Builder. Then make a pdf to email to me (write a post here in this Wizards of the Coast forum if you are interested). Buy your abilities with points using the standard amount. We play in Eberron but all races, classes, backgrounds and themes are available: just refluff to suit.

In order to make sure that we always have enough party members, even when one or two of the players cannot make it, I will allow you to make a secondary companion character. He could be a mechanical servant, a novice in the church, a squire, a manservant or maidservant, a demonic familiar, an imaginary friend or an apprentice. This is optional, but if you want, just make a second 1st level character. 

Member of Grognards for 4th Edition
We have had two sessions so far. Google+ works quite well for a fluid game. There is still room for more players (so that we have enough players even when some cannot amke it).
Third session will be on Sunday afternoon at two o'clock in Korea. (That would be twelve o'clock midnight Eastern Time Zone in Toronto for example.)

Get in touch here to join in on the adventure. 
im interested in playing i just need details about when. but i plan on playing a dragonborn paladin. i dont know Eberron so i would need a little information if anything is diffrent from forgotten realms. send me a message when you can with details.
Lately we have been playing in the night time in Korea, at eight or nine o'clock, since most of our players at the moment live in Korea.

This Friday night at nine o'clock in Korea (which is noon Greenwich Mean Time). Sunday if that does not work out.

New players still welcome. 
Hi,

I was stationed in Korea in '76 - '77 in the US Army.

Are you still looking for new players?

If so, I would be interested. I'm on New York time, which would be 10 hours ahead of you, I believe.

I'm always free 11:00 to 04:00 EST USA and my regular days off are Mon and Tue.

Any way I could join in?

Ciao,
John
Hi,

I was stationed in Korea in '76 - '77 in the US Army.

Are you still looking for new players?

If so, I would be interested. I'm on New York time, which would be 10 hours ahead of you, I believe.

I'm always free 11:00 to 04:00 EST USA and my regular days off are Mon and Tue.

Any way I could join in?

Ciao,
John

Our game this weekend will be at 7:00 in the morning for New York City, but we do not have a regualr time, nor do we have a regular roster. I allow players to drop in and play.

We just had our fifth session last night. Our reluctant heroes went back to further investigate the Mark of Prophecy at the ruined tower. On the way the villainous elves of the dragonmarked House Phiarlan attempted to waylay them. Here is the "tactical map" which we used for our theatre of the mind, and here are some of the dangerous foes.

The next game session will probably be on Saturday night, January 26 about 7:00 a.m. EST (Saturday night, January 26 in Korean time which is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time: the best thing to do is to use Google to check what Korean time is now for you.)

As mentioned above, I use no grid, no Maptools, no Roll20, no Tabletop Forge. We do sometimes use a free whiteboard and dice roller called Twiddla.
Hopefully one of my players will draw a picture to illustrate our most recent adventure, the hunt of the giant Turducken.

The next game session will probably be on Saturday morning, February 9 or 10 about 7:00 a.m. EST (Saturday night, February 10 or 11 in Korean time which is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time: the best thing to do is to use Google to check what Korean time is now for you.)

As mentioned above, I use no grid, no Maptools, no Roll20, no Tabletop Forge. We do sometimes use a free whiteboard and dice roller called Twiddla. The following is the tactical map for the latest session:

Here is a sketch of the Mark of Prophecy which was found at a ruined tower in northern Breland. (This is a gnomish scribal study which distills what can be carefully discerned from the magical parchment which Brother Cog made of the Mark. It leaves out many details and also makes educated but uncertain guesses at certain images.)

I was wondering if you still accept new players. I'm extremely new to D&D and am having great trouble finding a local game hosted at an appropriate time, if you're still accepting low level/no experience players then I would love to join you.

-Tryc

A few questions, 1.) what level would i have to make my character? 2.) Background feats or themes allowed? 3.) Any restrictions I should know about? Ebberon is the setting I know least about. Finally how do you play? You stated Google+ earlier in the thread do players post actions or is it done live?

A few questions, 1.) what level would i have to make my character? 2.) Background feats or themes allowed? 3.) Any restrictions I should know about? Ebberon is the setting I know least about. Finally how do you play? You stated Google+ earlier in the thread do players post actions or is it done live?

1. First level.
2. Backgrounds and feats allowed if your Character Builder has what you want. (Either old downloadable one or new on-line one: send me a pdf)
3. No restrictions at all, but I will take a look at your character beforehand and discuss anything unusual.
4. We meet live on Google+, microphone necessary (with a headset preferable for background noise) and camera entirely optional. We open a Hangout (like a Skype conference call but free).

I was wondering if you still accept new players. I'm extremely new to D&D and am having great trouble finding a local game hosted at an appropriate time, if you're still accepting low level/no experience players then I would love to join you.

-Tryc

Yes I will still accept new players. Next session will probably be at the time as detailled in post #10.
Here Ryuden Kenjumon leaps up onto the bridge over the ravine to attack the leader of the Phiarlan entertainers **** assassins. Ryuden is a Githzerai Swordmage who has come from his monastery in the astral sea to experience more of the worlds beyond. (Original artwork by D. Laffey)

The next game session will probably be on Saturday morning, February 23 about 7:00 a.m. EST (9:00 p.m. Saturday night, February 23 in Korean time, which is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time: the best thing to do is to use Google to check what Korean time is now for you.)

We have a Facebook Group for the game. Once you have posted here and I have answered any questions, I will let you know the Group to which you can send the Request to Join.

As mentioned above, I use no grid, no Maptools, no Roll20, no Tabletop Forge. We do sometimes use a free whiteboard and dice roller called Twiddla. The following is the tactical map for the latest session:

Here is the Hand of the Broken Stone Giant lying across the stream which the party fought and which threw the cleric into the stream at the base of the broken Head.

We had a full party this week: six adventurers invaded the small manor castle of Sir Hushim Oeskay. Several skirmishers from a rival local lord tried unsuccessfully to fight them off, but the main keep remains occupied. 

From ourFourth Edition campaign: In the courtyard below this tower standeth the party. Inside lieth bound the true lord of the castle, the captain of the brigands which assisted the lord's enemy, and perhaps treasures to reward worthy heroes. Or at least more wine.

The deadly mechanical clock of the mad alchemist Gedaliah of Mizpah. It suddenly opened up from those doors around the clock in the tower pictured above and attacked the intruders in the courtyard below.

Here is a write-up for the Clock for those who are interested. Rewriting from my handwritten notes into the proper format was difficult, and I notice several small mistakes. The chief thing I forgot to implement was that the Chain and Weights were supposed to be easy to cut, but being of extraordinary length, the Clock Figurines would just reel out more length of Chain and continue attacking. None of you tried to break the Chains however.
docs.google.com/file/d/0B8uIHRaS5EiIejdQ...

There is room for at least one new player in my group.

The next game session will probably be on 
Saturday morning, April 27 at 8:00 a.m. EDT (9:00 p.m. Saturday night, April 27 in Korean time, which is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time: the best thing to do is to use Google to check what Korean time is now for you.)

We have a Facebook Group for the game. Once you have posted here and I have answered any questions, I will let you know the Group to which you can send the Request to Join.

As mentioned above, I use no grid, no Maptools, no Roll20, no Tabletop Forge. We do sometimes use a free whiteboard and dice roller called Twiddla. 

Here is a rough map of the party's latest wanderings:

I would love to join in, I am down to playing whatever class if something is needed, but very interested in playing, I am running an online game for my friends but i want to play too!
I would love to join in, I am down to playing whatever class if something is needed, but very interested in playing, I am running an online game for my friends but i want to play too!

Do you have a Google+ account and a Facebook account? The first step is to join the 4E Google+ Community at plus.google.com/u/0/communities/10557398...

If are able to join us, then create a 2nd level character using either the on-line Character Builder or the old downloadable Character Builder, then make a pdf and share it using Google Drive and post the link in the Google+ Community. Any character class is all right, although a Striker is missing at the present.
What the party met and fought in the Dreaming Mist. It filled its jelly-like sac with air like a bagpipe and let out a horrifying shriek which did awful things to  a man's bowels and innards. Out of whose sweaty dreams did this emerge?

My 4E campaign can be found in the 4E Google+ Community:
plus.google.com/u/0/communities/10557398...
My campaign has now run successively and successfully for fifteen sessions!

There is room for at least one new player in my group. (Last night we had four players, but one of them shall suffer a change to his work schedule.)

The next game session will probably be on 
Saturday morning, June 1 at 8:00 a.m. EDT (9:00 p.m. Saturday night, June 1 in Korean time, which is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time: the best thing to do is to use Google to check what Korean time is now for you.)

Since we use a Google+ Hangout to play, my game is posted in the Google+ 4E Community. More importantly, we also have a Facebook Group for the game. Once you have posted here and I have answered any questions, I will let you know the Group to which you can send the Request to Join.

This was the main "map" for last night's session:

The panicked flight of the strange bouncing fish brought upon our fishing boat the tremendous power of a Monstrosity comprised of divers sheets of chaotic material. (4E Adventures in Eberron)

Centuries after the castle fell to fire and ruin, the ghosts of the servants still indulge their revels in the cellars of the castle. Their lascivious dances and wild music with shawms and hurdy gurdies excited the very wine barrels and copper kegs themselves to fly with drunken poltergeistly abandon at the party.

The Captain of the Knights of Lord Iff of Dragonstone (and claimant to the Duchy of Zilargo). Clothforged? Warwoven? Fortunately the Gnomish Scholar and Bard Quoeak intimidated the captain's fellow knights os the party did not have to risk death at this deadly warrior's hands.

Sign In to post comments