Ulvenwald Tracker

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I were to give my creature deathtouch (Serpent's Gift) then have Ulvenwald Tracker force it to fight my opponent's creature, will the deathtouch still affect their creature?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
If I were to give my creature deathtouch (Serpent's Gift) then have Ulvenwald Tracker force it to fight my opponent's creature, will the deathtouch still affect their creature?

Yes.  Deathtouch applies however the creature deals damage.
Yes deathtouch applies to any type of damage.  Since creatures that fight each other deal damage to each other the creature that was dealt damage by the creature with deathtouch will be destroyed.

DCI Level 2 Judge

Rockford, Illinois

yes, both creatures deal damage at the same time
even if it wasn't, SBA are not checked during the resolution of an ability, so the "destroy" happens after the Tracker's ability resolves in any case

for example if Vein Drinker (which does NOT have fight, but something similar) gets deathtouch the other creature still deals damage back
if it gained Infect or Wither the other creature would deal less damage back, according to the new power.
proud member of the 2011 community team
Sign In to post comments