Running Multiples

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Incubating Plague
Instant

You get an emblem with "Whenever Incubating Plague is cast, counter it, then destroy target creature."

Surgery
Instant

You get an emblem with "Whenever Surgery is cast, counter it, then gain 7 life."

Channel
Instant

You get an emblem with "Whenever Channel is cast, counter it, then add to your mana pool."

Rally
Instant

You get an emblem with "Whenever Rally is cast, counter it, then target creature gets +2/+2 and haste."

Research
Instant

You get an emblem with "Whenever Research is cast, counter it, then scry 10."

Rapture
Instant

You get an emblem with "Whenever Rapture is cast, you win the game." 
These are incredibly weird in mirror matches.
They are even weirder with Vexing Shusher.

Should be "Whenever a player casts a spell named || Whenever you cast a spell named"

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Very nice :-)

And hell yeah, scry 10.
These have the potential to be hilarious

Rapture could get silly with Cast Through Time as the above person mentioned, but if you can do that, so worth it.
Show And Tell -> Omniscience -> Enter the Infinite -> Cast Through Time -> Rapture for best combo 2013. You heard it here first, folks.
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20796.jpg)
If you're doing that, you just play two Raptures from hand and skip the need to wait for next upkeep.
Wow. Very interesting. I wonder if it would be worth raising the cost in order to ditch the "counter it" clause... I know you're trying to avoid letting the abilities stack, but I almost feel like that would be more fun.

Hm, these could also name other spells in their text. Like, "Whenever a player casts a spell named Rally or Research do x," if that makes sense. It would be an interesting synergy, although I'm not sure how players would feel about having such obvious deckbuilding instructions.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
my soldier deck is one of my most effective decks

it's all soldiers

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

I live in san diego if any vistitting wizards wants to  contact me 858=483=3822

i'd stop by comicon but my car is broke and so am I

What if, to make it a bit crazier, you gave these all a supertype (like Arcane, but somthing else, we'll call their supertype Stack) and then you make the emblems read "Whenever you cast a Stack spell, you may counter it. If you do, [do whatever]."

You'd probably want to give them much more minor effects, but that way you have more choice (add another emblem OR counter it to use the existing emblems) and you don't need to run all of the exact same card, but instead just have a lot of Stack supertype cards, or whatever.

Maybe to avoid craziness issues you could word it like a replacement effect where only one emblem can be activated for one countered Stack spell (like how if you have two Totem Armor auras on a creature you only have to sac one to replace a destroy effect) 

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

@Mown: True.

@FZero: That combo is actually worse than Melira, Sylvok Outcast + Kitchen Finks + Carrion Feeder = infinite life.

@Keeper: Good idea. You do that.

@nuke: They're a cycle, not a mechanic. Could be developed into a mechanic, but that'd make them indeed weaker. 
Channel
Instant

You get an emblem with "Whenever Channel is cast, counter it, then add to your mana pool." 

channel  I think having 8 "channels" could make for some cool mana combos 

But I try to avoid going to the surgeon...
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Channel
Instant

I named that card channel because I HATE channel. It should die in a fire.
Channel
Instant

I named that card channel because I HATE channel. It should die in a fire.

Fire only makes it stronger.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Fireball is a very weak card and you should feel bad.
Fireball is a very weak card and you should feel bad.

Channel seems to love it, though.
139359831 wrote:
I like this a lot.

@nuke: They're a cycle, not a mechanic. Could be developed into a mechanic, but that'd make them indeed weaker. 

Ah ok, then it works fine.

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.