Psychic Anomaly

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'd like to take Psychic Anomaly, however, I've got some questions about it. I think I understand everything about it except the slide effect. When does that occur? If you use the attack that is triggered when they start their turn adjacent to the anomaly, then you don't need to slide them at that point, they are already adjacent. If you try to slide them after they move, then they are not adjeacent and don't trigger the attack. Do you get to slide them after they make a move action or what? I'm confused.
The slide occurs when enemy starts its turn in a square adjacent to the anomaly and can be slid 3 squares to a square adjacent to the anomaly (the same or a different one) if hit.

This happens before the enemy take any action.

Trigger: An enemy starts its turn in a square adjacent to the anomaly
Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage, and you slide the target 3 squares to a square adjacent to the anomaly.

Hopefully this isn't too much of a thread necro, but I had a question about this power and didn't want to make a new thread with this one existing; when you augment it, are you augmenting the initial conjuration, or the attack it makes when an enemy starts its turn?
Augment 1 change the initial Conjuration's Effect line above, while Augment 2 changes the attack's Hit line.

RC 115 Replace Base Effects: When a power is augmented, changes to the power are noted in the description of the augmentation. If an augmentation includes a specific power entry, such as “Hit” or “Effect,” that entry replaces the entry in the base power that has the same name. An augmented version of a power is otherwise identical to the base power.

That wasn't quite my question, but I could've worded it more clearly- I was asking when you augment it, do you augment it, spending the power points, when you conjure the anomaly itself(the initial power) or do you augment it when you make the attack(when an enemy starts its turn). I was a bit confused because the format of the compendium entry suggests the latter, but I think I got it now via your context
Sign In to post comments