A man, a plan, a palindrome contest!

44 posts / 0 new
Last post
Make a card with a palindrome for a name. (A palindrome is a phrase that reads the same backwards and forwards if you remove the spaces and punctuation.)

Cards will be graded based on their overall design, and how well you can make them fit the flavor of their names.

(You don't have to stick to traditional fantasy if it wouldn't make sense with your card name.)

I'll close submissions sometime tomorrow.

EDIT: Results are posted. By all means though, keep making cards, it's pretty amusing.
Tel Un Onulet
Artifact Creature - Construct (U)
Whenever ~ or another creature dies, you gain 2 life.
The halls of Tel Un are inhabited by the strange constructs of ages past... And their creators, kept alive and healthy by their creations.
3/3
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Draw O Caesar. Erase a coward.
Instant
exile target non-defender creature without summoning sickness at the end of it's controllers turn if it did not attack
draw a card
~"Eva, can I stab bats in a cave?"

The Biggest List of Palindromes

Do Geese See God

Enchantment

When you draw a card, put a 1/1 white Bird creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Live Evil

mythic
Enchantment
Whenever you draw a card, each opponent discards a card.
Whenever you gain life, each opponent loses that much life.
Whenever you play a permanent, each opponent sacrifices a permanent that shares a type with it.   
Taogini Goat
Creature - Goat (C)
Tap an untapped Monk you control: You gain 1 life.
The Taogini pacifists eschewed violence and sought to live in harmony with all nature. Sadly, their order did not last a goat's lifespan.
2/2

Drazil Lizard
Creature - Lizard (U)
Deathtouch
Whenever ~ attacks or blocks, another target attacking or blocking creature you control gains deathtouch until end of turn.
The mad outcasts of the Drazil bogs enter battle coated in lizard venom. Knowing they will be dead before the next sunrise gives them little motivation to flee.
3/3

Sir Rollif of Illorris
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard Knight (R)
Whenever you cast an instant spell, exile it as it resolves.
When ~ dies, you may cast any number of spells exiled with ~ without paying their mana costs.
"May your mind look toward the future. May your heart enjoy the moment."
2/2

Eh...palindromes made out of nonsense words might be cheating. I dunno. Grade whichever one you find interesting.
Rise To Vote, Sir

Sorcery

If there are only two players left in the game, counter ~ and exile it.

The players vote. Whoever wins the most votes, loses the game.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Rod of Odor 
Artifact
, : Target creature can't attack this turn.
, : Target creature can't be blocked this turn.

A bit underpowered, but for an effect that can control combat, it's fine.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
Drowsy Sword
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +3/+0 and doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
Equip

Lazy design, meh.  Best I could think of quickly.  Could be worse though...

A Butt Tuba
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature has trample.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, creatures you control can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.
Equip
"Just... don't ask." - Talahamb, experimental bard.

The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Drawer Reward
Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's end step, that player draws cards equal to the number of cards he or she drew this turn.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

SATOR
AREPO
TENET
OPERA
ROTAS
Instant
Sacrifice a land. You may put a land from you hand onto the battlefield.
Gain 10 life.
Man, some of these are hilarious. I especially like "Marge, let's send a sadness telegram."

Ogopogo
Legendary Creature - Leviathan
If a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn would die, remove all damage from it and tap it instead. It doesn't untap as long as ~ is on the battlefield.
The screams of captured seafarers, reaching for the surface as bubbles.
7/7

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Oh my god I actually came up with one. Like, not a great one, but still.

Draw a Ward
|
Instant
You gain protection from creatures until end of turn.
Once drawn, never seen.
hold ploy
Enchantment
return a pernament you control to owners hand: Flip this card
~"I look up and see the sky" -Sesame Street

hold ploy
Enchantment
cast an enchantment or creature as if it has flash: Flip this card
~"I look down and see the ground" -Sesame Street

Up and Down - Sesame Street

Repel Leper :W:
Instant

Creatures with counters on them can't attack or block this turn.

"Who knows what they might have?" 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Namsela Snomed, Demon Salesman
Legendary Creature- Demon Advisor
Flying
: Choose a permanent. Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. Repeat this process until no player chooses to pay life. The player who pays the most life gains control of that permanent.
5/4
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20796.jpg)
Thank you Bob

May A Moody Baby Doom A Yam -
Instant
Until the end of the turn, target creature with power less than 2 has "If mana would be added to this creature's controller's mana pool, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature instead."
"Looks like Junior ruined the harvest this year . . . again."
Yess, let's get more palindromes from Weird Al Yankovic's "Bob"!

Star Rats
Creature - Rat (U)
Deathtouch.
When ~ enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card.
1/1

No Devil Lived On
Sorcery (R)
Tap all black and red creatures, then exile all devils.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Nap Pan -
Artifact - Equipment
Whenever a creature is dealt combat damage by equipped creature, tap that creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap phase.
Equip -

Pfft~~
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Don't grade this!

Draw Putrid Dirt Upward -
Sorcery
Return up to three creature cards or land cards with total converted mana cost X from your graveyard to play.

Having fun is much better than winning the contest! It's basically impossible to beat Imidazoline anyway..

On A Clover, If Alive, Erupts A Vast, Pure Evil, A Fire Volcano -
Sorcery
Up to X target lands become red 4/4 elemental creatures with "At the end of your turn, sacrifice this creature. If you do, put two Mountain land tokens into play."
Ok, I have to admit that I initially considered making a card called "boob" for roughly 2.5 seconds. Then I realized I'm not Kevin and moved on.

Level
Sorcery
Each player chooses a number of lands he or she controls equal to the number of creatures controlled by the player who controls the most creatures, then sacrifices the rest.
"You think you can best me? Maybe... let's see if you can do it on an even ground" -Makill, Boros Tactician

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Stable Falafel Bats -
Creature - Bat
flying, hexproof
Sacrifice ~: you gain 3 life
1/2
Bombard a Drab Mob

Instant

Deal 4 damage to each creature that didn't attack this turn.

They're spineless and they have no will to fight. Let's give them an incentive, 
Seven Eves

Enchantment

: Add to your mana pool and put a time counter on ~. Then, if ~ has six or more time counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do, put a 7/7 flying Legendary Avatar creature token named "Reckoning" with lifelink onto the battlefield.

The seventh day is for rest.
Reidrab Mob Bombardier 

Creature- Pyrotechnician 
                      Indestructible, protection from Red

: Destroy all artifacts under your control
                      you may assign damage to any number of
                      creatures or players equal to the total mana
                      cost of those artifacts 

5/2 

Flavour Text: The Reidrab Mob had little respect of the craft
                      of other races, unless of course it provided fuel
                      for an ever greater explosion. 

Artwork credit: Myself :p

Stable Falafel Bats -
Creature - Bat
flying, hexproof
1/2

This is going on the list as one of the best band names ever.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Gnimm, Eldrazi Lizard Lemming 
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Lizard Beast
Trample
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile another target creature you control. If you do, Gnimm, Eldrazi Lizard Lemming gets +4/+4 and gains annihilator 1 until end of turn.
When Gnimm leaves the battlefield, return all creature cards exiled by Gnimm to the battlefield tapped.
"Refa...! Feast eyes on no one, buttnod! Gnimmo's 'omming... Don't tube noon nose yet, seafarer!"
--Village idiot Torprot's last words, to Refa
4/4

Buttnod is of course the world's most underrated insult. 
Don't be surprised if I suddenly disappear/reappear, it means I'm just on an Otherworldly Journey.
Forgot to close it yesterday, so I'm gonna close it now. I probably can't grade them just yet, so if you want to make any last minute submissions, go ahead. I'm quite impressed with what you guys have managed to come up with...
If I still have time...

Mr. Owl Ate My Metal Worm
Creature - Bird
Flying
Whenever Mr. Owl Ate My Metal Worm attacks, destroy target artifact defending player controls.
2/2

"Oh, yes, he did." ~ Dideh Seyho

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Not my entry.

Boob 4
Artifact
1, T: gain 3 life
T: target creature attacks target player this turn.
Tuna Nut 
Creature - Merfolk Wizard
Whenever a player casts a spell, put a 1/1 blue fish token onto the battlefield under that player's control.
1/1  
also not my entry

Taco Cat

Creature - Elemental Cat
Flash
Sacrifice ~: gain 3 life.
Refuerzos, o refrescos?
2/2
Yo, Banana Boy 
Enchantment
When Yo, Banana Boy enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 white Fruit creature token onto the battlefield.
Whenever a Fruit creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on it. 
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Here's all my comments, rankings coming in a bit.
Tel Un Onulet
Tel Un Onulet
Artifact Creature - Construct (U)
Whenever ~ or another creature dies, you gain 2 life.
The halls of Tel Un are inhabited by the strange constructs of ages past... And their creators, kept alive and healthy by their creations.
3/3

It's short and to the point, and the ability makes sense with the name. I like this one. The flavor text ties it together well.

Instant
exile target non-defender creature without summoning sickness at the end of it's controllers turn if it did not attack
draw a card
~"Eva, can I stab bats in a cave?"

Okay, I see that you're erasing cowards, but I don't see any connection with Caesar. The flavor text doesn't help either. The design is interesting, but it only fits half the palindrome.

Do Geese See God
Do Geese See God
Enchantment
When you draw a card, put a 1/1 white Bird creature token with flying onto the battlefield.

Hm, this one is okay, I guess. It seems printable, but it doesn't really excite me.

Live Evil
Live Evil

mythic
Enchantment
Whenever you draw a card, each opponent discards a card.
Whenever you gain life, each opponent loses that much life.
Whenever you play a permanent, each opponent sacrifices a permanent that shares a type with it.   

Is this "live" the verb, or the adjective? Whatever it is, this card is pretty evil, so I'm okay with it. The wording is a bit off, and it's overcosted, but I think these three abilities make sense together, so it gets a thumbs-up from me.

Taogini Goat

Taogini Goat
Creature - Goat (C)
Tap an untapped Monk you control: You gain 1 life.
The Taogini pacifists eschewed violence and sought to live in harmony with all nature. Sadly, their order did not last a goat's lifespan.
2/2

I'm just grading the first one you posted. This card is nice. The flavor makes sense, and it looks like a fun card to play. Geez, commenting on cards is hard. I haven't done this in a long time, you can probably tell.

Rise to Vote, Sir
Rise To Vote, Sir
Sorcery
If there are only two players left in the game, counter ~ and exile it.
The players vote. Whoever wins the most votes, loses the game.

The flavor makes sense, but I'm not a fan of this design. It seems like something that shouldn't exist. It's not much fun for anyone. Anyway, what happens if there's a tie?

Rod of Odor

Rod of Odor 
Artifact
, : Target creature can't attack this turn.
, : Target creature can't be blocked this turn.

I don't think this is underpowered at all. The mechanics and flavor here match up very well. The name feels natural too. Great submission.

Drowsy Sword

Drowsy Sword
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +3/+0 and doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
Equip

This is a good design, but you lose points because it's already been done. (Vulshok Gauntlets) It fits the name very well though, possibly better than the real card.

Drawer Reward

Drawer Reward
Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's end step, that player draws cards equal to the number of cards he or she drew this turn.

Very logical. No flavor to speak of, though. I could see this being printed under a different name.

SATOR AREPO Whatever

SATOR AREPO TENET OPERA ROTAS Instant Sacrifice a land. You may put a land from you hand onto the battlefield. Gain 10 life.

I had to go look this up, and I have to say: I'm still not a fan. I admit I didn't specify that the cards had to be in English, but card names are generally written on one line, you know...
Also the design is a bit boring.

Ogopogo
Ogopogo
Legendary Creature - Leviathan
If a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn would die, remove all damage from it and tap it instead. It doesn't untap as long as ~ is on the battlefield.
The screams of captured seafarers, reaching for the surface as bubbles.
7/7

Is it just me, or does "Ogopogo" sound like anything but a terrifying sea monster? Like, if I told someone a scary story about a beast from the deep, and then ended it by revealing that the monster's name was Ogopogo, I would expect them to burst out laughing.
This card is quite undercosted, and the flavor text isn't even a full sentence! Its ability is pretty interesting though.

Draw a Ward

Draw a Ward |
Instant
You gain protection from creatures until end of turn.
Once drawn, never seen.

The name and effect go well together, and I just love that flavor text. This card seems very printable, and it's one of the cooler Fog variants I've seen.

Hold Ploy

hold ploy
Enchantment
return a pernament you control to owners hand: Flip this card
~"I look up and see the sky" -Sesame Street

hold ploy
Enchantment
cast an enchantment or creature as if it has flash: Flip this card
~"I look down and see the ground" -Sesame Street
Up and Down - Sesame Street

It's cool, but it's technically not a palindrome, sorry. I like the design though! A mockup of this card would be cool.

Repel Leper

Repel Leper :W:
Instant
Creatures with counters on them can't attack or block this turn.
"Who knows what they might have?" 

The flavor works well for this one. Not sure if this effect is technically white, given the existence of Kulrath Knight, but whatever. I guess the flavor is pretty white. Overall a solid submission.

Legendary Creature- Demon Advisor
Flying
: Choose a permanent. Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. Repeat this process until no player chooses to pay life. The player who pays the most life gains control of that permanent.
5/4

Is this where the submissions start getting silly? I'm not sure I like calling this a "salesman." It looks like it should be a serious, badass card, but the name seems like it's trying to force humor. The design suffers from tension created by having a tap ability on a large flying creature.

May a Moody Baby Doom a Yam
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />May A Moody Baby Doom A Yam -
Instant
Until the end of the turn, target creature with power less than 2 has "If mana would be added to this creature's controller's mana pool, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature instead."
"Looks like Junior ruined the harvest this year . . . again."

Yeah, this is a bit too silly. Did you pick this one at random or something? It's kind of a stretch.

Nap Pan
Nap Pan -
Artifact - Equipment
Whenever a creature is dealt combat damage by equipped creature, tap that creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap phase.
Equip -

Pfft~~

Is this a pan that you hit someone with to make them nap, or a pan that you use for napping? I'm guessing the first based on the effect. Too bad Drowsy Sword was taken already. I like the card, but Nap Pan is kind of a lame palindrome.

On a Clover, Blah Blah Blah, A Fire Volcano
On A Clover, If Alive, Erupts A Vast, Pure Evil, A Fire Volcano -
Sorcery
Up to X target lands become red 4/4 elemental creatures with "At the end of your turn, sacrifice this creature. If you do, put two Mountain land tokens into play."

I don't think this is an appropriate use of land tokens. Searching your library for lands would probably be just fine. There's a weird tension here, in that you want to pay lots of mana for X, but you also need untapped lands to use it on. And it must be difficult to work with a palindrome that long; you nailed the volcano erupting stuff, but where's the clover?

Level
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Level
Sorcery
Each player chooses a number of lands he or she controls equal to the number of creatures controlled by the player who controls the most creatures, then sacrifices the rest.
"You think you can best me? Maybe... let's see if you can do it on an even ground" -Makill, Boros Tactician

This is a card name that I'm surprised hasn't been used yet. It's sad too, considering Magic doesn't have a single palindrome card. It's perfect for a land destruction card too. I don't think this is a well executed design though. Armageddon at three mana is too dangerous, even if it doesn't work well with creatures.

Stable Falafel Bats
Stable Falafel Bats -
Creature - Bat
flying, hexproof
1/2

I find it amusing that you very likely considered "Stab Bats," but then decided that it wasn't silly enough. I also like that you seem to have taken every part of the name and translated it to a mechanic. As a card design though, it's a bit weak.

Bombard a Drab Mob

Bombard a Drab Mob
Instant
Deal 4 damage to each creature that didn't attack this turn.
They're spineless and they have no will to fight. Let's give them an incentive, 

I like the flavor/mechanical connection. Unfortunately, this card just wouldn't be used in a way that matches the flavor you're going for. You can use it to kill creatures that were totally about to attack, but they just didn't reach the combat phase yet this turn. You can attack with your own guys, then just wipe the opponent's board, even though they were about to block. There are much better ways to punish people for not engaging in combat.

Seven Eves
Seven Eves

Enchantment

: Add to your mana pool and put a time counter on ~. Then, if ~ has six or more time counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do, put a 7/7 flying Legendary Avatar creature token named "Reckoning" with lifelink onto the battlefield.

The seventh day is for rest.

A tapping enchantment? Not a fan of that. I like the concept you're going for, but the number "six" on the card is just SO awkward. Also, the token comes out on the sixth turn! What the heck?

Reidrab Mob Bombardier
Reidrab Mob Bombardier

Creature- Pyrotechnician 
                      Indestructible, protection from Red
  : Destroy all artifacts under your control
                      you may assign damage to any number of
                      creatures or players equal to the total mana
                      cost of those artifacts
                       5/2 

Flavour Text: The Reidrab Mob had little respect of the craft
                      of other races, unless of course it provided fuel
                      for an ever greater explosion.

I sure do like silly red cards. However, I don't see why this is indestructible. That implies a lack of recklessness, don't you think? You also went way overkill on the mana cost. That said, the concept of a bomb squad that throws all your artifacts at the opponent sounds quite fun.

Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Lizard Beast
Trample
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile another target creature you control. If you do, Gnimm, Eldrazi Lizard Lemming gets +4/+4 and gains annihilator 1 until end of turn.
When Gnimm leaves the battlefield, return all creature cards exiled by Gnimm to the battlefield tapped.
"Refa...! Feast eyes on no one, buttnod! Gnimmo's 'omming... Don't tube noon nose yet, seafarer!"
--Village idiot Torprot's last words, to Refa
4/4

Buttnod is of course the world's most underrated insult. 

Very creative. That flavor text is pretty awful though. I guess that effect looks like what an eldrazi lizard lemming would do?

If I still have time...

Creature - Bird
Flying
Whenever Mr. Owl Ate My Metal Worm attacks, destroy target artifact defending player controls.
2/2

"Oh, yes, he did." ~ Dideh Seyho

I don't like card names that don't sound like creatures being put on creatures. The flavor/mechanical connection is good though. Nice flavor text, by the way.

Tuna Nut
Tuna Nut 
Creature - Merfolk Wizard
Whenever a player casts a spell, put a 1/1 blue fish token onto the battlefield under that player's control.
1/1  

This is pretty clever, I like it. Nice and simple design.

Yo, Banana Boy
Yo, Banana Boy 
Enchantment
When Yo, Banana Boy enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 white Fruit creature token onto the battlefield.
Whenever a Fruit creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on it. 

Fruit tokens, really? I'm not a fan. I don't really see the concept coming together here.
Ranking categories:

No lemons, no melon

Do Geese See God
Drowsy Sword
Nap Pan
Reidrab Mob Bombardier
Taogini Goat
Tuna Nut

Too hot to hoot

Repel Leper
Tel Un Onulet
Live Evil
Draw a Ward

And of course:
Top Spot

Rod of Odor

Congrats, Axelle!

This is now a palindrome card creation thread. Have fun!
"Eva, can I stab bats in a cave" is also a palindrome.

both Eva and Ceasars are leaders of a kingdom
Rome was known for killing cowards in their armies though the practice was more a threat than actually enforced in most cases

stabbing bats in a cave reffers to the drawing of a sword and getting those pesky creatures that never attack and stay in their "cave"

Hmm, the idea for my card was a tool for boros aggro to use to stop the control decks to reach their late game, keeping enough lands for them to function but halting the progress of the opponent. I costed it 3 so it would still be faster than most 4cmc wraths on the draw... thinking the symmetric design would offset the cheaper cost... not realized I just designed a 3 mana Armageddon for decks that dont care about creatures. Serves me right for trying to design for the color combination I understand the least.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Drowsy Sword and A Butt Tuba are almost certainly references to Kingdom of Loathing.

Speaking of which:

Dr. Awkward
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
Whenever Dr. Awkward blocks or is blocked by a creature, that creature gets -3/-0 until end of turn.
[3/1]
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
Drowsy Sword and A Butt Tuba are almost certainly references to Kingdom of Loathing.

maybe taco cat as well
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Funniest Card Name:
Stable Falafel Bats

Best Flavor Text:
Draw a Ward

This Name Is So Long, I Just Assumed It Was A Palindrome:
On A Clover, If Alive, Erupts A Vast, Pure Evil, A Fire Volcano

Best Use of Magic-Specific Words:
Tel Un Onulet

EDIT: Bonus card:

Gateman's Nametag
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature has hexproof and nonbasic landwalk.
Equip
Kingdom of loathing is a good game I should play again. I was like 2 days from finishing my first kittycore run.