empoerer Radiate

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
In an emporer match, with a Range of influence of 2 for spells, Player A casts lightning bolt, Player B used Radiate to have it target more creatures.

The question is, would all the copies created by [/c]Radiate[/c] use Player A's Range of influence, or Player B's?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
In an emporer match, with a Range of influence of 2 for spells, Player A casts lightning bolt, Player B used Radiate to have it target more creatures.

The question is, would all the copies created by [/c]Radiate[/c] use Player A's Range of influence, or Player B's?

Both.
Player B controls the copies created by Radiate: player B's influence is used for those copies, but copies are created ONLY for those objects the original Bolt could target.

not 100% sure, it's either Player A's range (because he can only target those)
or it is the common targets of Player A's and Player B's range (Player A for the reason above, Player B because he controls the copies)
proud member of the 2011 community team
I'll have to agree with Chaikov and say both on this.  Lets say for the sake of argument that in your example each player A and player B have a creature with hexproof (can't be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents control.) on the battlefield.  The original Lightning Bolt cast by player A cannot target player B's creature with hexproof, so in turn Player B's radiate does not create coppies of Lightning Bolt targeting the aformentioned creature.  At the same time, while player A could have targeted their own creature with hexproof, since the coppies generated by radiate are controlled by player B, one cannot target player A's hexproof creature and will fizzle.
Chaikov makes sense on a level where i feel dumb for not realizing.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I'll have to agree with Chaikov and say both on this.  Lets say for the sake of argument that in your example each player A and player B have a creature with hexproof (can't be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents control.) on the battlefield.  The original Lightning Bolt cast by player A cannot target player B's creature with hexproof, so in turn Player B's radiate does not create coppies of Lightning Bolt targeting the aformentioned creature.  At the same time, while player A could have targeted their own creature with hexproof, since the coppies generated by radiate are controlled by player B, one cannot target player A's hexproof creature and will fizzle.

That clears up other questions, thank you all
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White