Deck Black Green Artifact need help

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I need some help with this deck, only playing multiplayer legacy.

Land
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Vesuva
4 Cloudpost
1 Mystifying Maze
1 Svogthos, the Restless Tomb
1 Treetop Village
1 Golgari Rot Farm
4 Twilight Mire
2 Forest
2 Vault of Whispers

Creature
1 Woodfall Primus
2 Sylvok Replica
2 Terastodon
1 Triskelion
1 Sundering Titan
2 Massacre Wurm
3 Primeval Titan
1 Mephidross Vampire
2 Shoeldred, Whispering One
4 Glissa, the Traitor

Spell
2 Profane Command
2 Pernicious Deed
2 Natural Affinity
2 Diabolic Tutor
3 Executionner's Capsule
4 Tooth and Nail
2 Mind's Eye
2 Reap and Sow
2 Sever the Bloodline
2 Putrefy

Budget EDH:EDH on $20 a Deck. Join the Group

I feel that the deck's average cmc is way too high.  You don't have a whole lot that you can do before turn 6 and very little of that is actually ramp (12 Post aside).  For that matter, with so many colorless-producing lands, the risk of color-screw seems incredibly high to me.  You need to lower and balance out your curve.  Your end game is impressive, but everything until then seems lacking.

Also, I think that you need more 3 and 4 ofs of important cards in your deck.  If you want to win through Triskelion / Mephidross Vampire, than you should either have more than a single copy of either one in your deck or you should have more ways to tutor for them.

I don't understand why you're running Vault of Whispers.  I don't see any benefit of using it over a pair of Swamps and it needlessly opens you up to artifact destruction.

I do love the Glissa, the Traitor package.  Recurable removal is incredibly powerful.  As long as Glissa herself doesn't die it's going to 1) kill most anything that frightens you but 2) make you an obvious target.  This is where lowering your curve to protect this combo or yourself can be extremely helpful.

If you're already running Glissa + Executioner's Capsule, do you really need the Putrefies or Sever the Bloodlines?  I understand nuking a troublesome artifact, but that just seems like an unnecessary inclusion.
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

Sign In to post comments