reward for whoever turns this deck into a winner(scavenge, +1 counter based)

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

also has to be legal in standard cause i want to play this on fridays at a local store
This is what I have built for a golgari deck for a friend and it seems to do pertty well at the local store where we go and play. G/B is a fun color to play but if you want to win consistantly than I would think about different color entirely. It just seems that right now Golgari isn't as strong as say U/W or G/W. But he did take 4 th place out of 12 at the last FNM that he played in. But anyways good luck with the deck build I hope that any of this helps out.

LANDS

9 Forest
4 Overgrown Tomb
9 Swamp

CREATURES

2 Corpsejack Menace
4 Dreg Mangler
3 Lotleth Troll
2 Necropolis Regent
4 Slitherhead
3 Sluiceway Scorpion

SPELLS

3 Abrupt Decay
2 Golgari Charm
3 Increasing Savagery
3 Jarad's Orders
3 Sever the Bloodline
3 Treasured Find
3 Tribute to Hunger
What's the reward?
What's the reward?

a card? pp not sure.
This is what I have built for a golgari deck for a friend and it seems to do pertty well at the local store where we go and play. G/B is a fun color to play but if you want to win consistantly than I would think about different color entirely. It just seems that right now Golgari isn't as strong as say U/W or G/W. But he did take 4 th place out of 12 at the last FNM that he played in. But anyways good luck with the deck build I hope that any of this helps out.

LANDS

9 Forest
4 Overgrown Tomb
9 Swamp

CREATURES

2 Corpsejack Menace
4 Dreg Mangler
3 Lotleth Troll
2 Necropolis Regent
4 Slitherhead
3 Sluiceway Scorpion

SPELLS

3 Abrupt Decay
2 Golgari Charm
3 Increasing Savagery
3 Jarad's Orders
3 Sever the Bloodline
3 Treasured Find
3 Tribute to Hunger

you dont think grave crawler would go with this?
I'm not sure anyone can really make this a "winner."  That said, I think the deck needs a little consistency.

If you're going for counters, may as well max the Corpsejack menace.  Second, slitherhead seems like it should be in here as a 4 of.  Third, dreg mangler is pretty good.  Lotleth troll is good.  Scorpion is terrible.

I would just take the zombies shell (gravecrawler + Geralf's messenger), add rancor, slitherhead, dreg mangler, and corpsejack menace, and go from there.  abrupt decay isn't terrible.  tragic slip is bad in most circumstances but may not be awful as removal.

tragic slip is bad in most circumstances but may not be awful as removal.

How, then, does one explain the 4.5 rating in Gatherer?

Because it was awesome before rotation

tragic slip is bad in most circumstances but may not be awful as removal.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bed1Vgl-a7k
I hate dogs.
I can see Slip being okay in this deck as suicide Crawler runs can make it a good killer.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Because gatherer is a totally accurate and infallible source for the quality of cards -.-

Sure, it was great when delver was a thing because you could kill a turn 1 delver and then maybe kill something else later.  Now?  It's not helping you vs. thragtusk and resto angel, which is what much of your main board should be about.

That changes slightly when you're running a deck with a sac outlet, or zombies, where your creatures can die multiple times.

Because gatherer is a totally accurate and infallible source for the quality of cards -.-

I've found Gatherer to be quite helpful, more so than these forums for what that's worth. I've found Tragic Slip to be a very solid card. Morbid triggers are not too tough to create.