Would you enjoy a new "For Fun" expansion?

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
in 1998 we had Unglued. 6 years later, we had unhinged in 2004. Now 8 years later we had no more For Fun sets...

if Wizard was looking into this possibility, if they polled the gamers... what would your reaction be? Would you support it?

I certainly would, i think it's a nice collectable. A nice little something for fans to break out between sets and relax a bit, remembering this is all just a game with some fun and funny cards... it would be good.

My one caveat is that i think a new Un set should focus on broader jokes. I know it doesn't get translated cause most of the jokes would be lost... and that's totally fine, also true... but you can easily make a set that doesn't rely too much on "local humour"

And i mean, c'mon... Planeswalkers? Mythics? Commander? Planechase? Draft? From the vault? A lot of room to have fun...

For my money, i would even go a step further and have more input from the players in the "you make the card" format.  A little celebration to close the "Un-Block". Maybe call it Unbound or something... 
Un-warranted. Tongue Out

Maybe. Just no more making me walk 3 miles to get someone a drink.
I personally would be in favor of it but I can understand their hesitancy. I might do a couple of drafts with it but I certainly wouldn't buy it at the same rate as other sets.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Need a reason to go it. After the fact the product was desireable because of the lands they put in it. If they did something similar again it would be worth it. 
Need a reason to go it. After the fact the product was desireable because of the lands they put in it. If they did something similar again it would be worth it. 



They could use some of the wackiest modern legal cards (example mindslaver) which would mean that some of the cards would be modern legal even though the vast majority are not.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Need a reason to go it. After the fact the product was desireable because of the lands they put in it. If they did something similar again it would be worth it. 



They could use some of the wackiest modern legal cards (example mindslaver) which would mean that some of the cards would be modern legal even though the vast majority are not.


Magic is a lot more collectable now than ever and I think people understand that better. Creating something new that is diserable I think would be better. 
I'm game for a un set
Need a reason to go it. After the fact the product was desireable because of the lands they put in it. If they did something similar again it would be worth it. 



They could use some of the wackiest modern legal cards (example mindslaver) which would mean that some of the cards would be modern legal even though the vast majority are not.


Magic is a lot more collectable now than ever and I think people understand that better. Creating something new that is diserable I think would be better. 



They could do it where they print new cards with the hint that some small percentage of them will be reprinted and become standard legal in the future. For example barren glory was basically straight out of unglued. If they had named it barren glory in unglued I wonder if it could be modern legal today.

It would be like future sight where we're all wondering if that card we like is going to be reprinted in the upcoming set.
Don't be too smart to have fun
I'm opposed to sets that don't work within the rules and aren't tournament-legal. However, I'd be fine with a set that just has a more whimsical flavor and feel than usual.
Actually i think they should probably follow a template like Modern Masters, a smaller set, but with the regular price point. 

The 3 Un Sets are too far apart to try and do any sort of event like a "Un tournament" or anything like that, but you could still create cards that promote small "for fun" events, specially draft... hell, i would love to see a "Common Planeswalker" or a "If you draf this card, you win before the game starts" just for fun aside from jokes on popular staples.

This could totally work in a small set aimed at casual play and "kitchen table" magic, and it's a collectable... many cards from unglued and unhinged are quite valuable just cause they are hard to find, so there is a little something for everyone.  
I'd love to see a "Loxodon Banhammer", "Howling Yours", or even a  "Reintegrate"

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Commander
Arch Enemy
PlaneChase

Those are the "for fun" sets. 

Orzhova Witness

Restarting Quotes Block
58086748 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
Disregard women acquire chase rares.
There are a lot of dudes for whom this is not optional.
97820278 wrote:
144532521 wrote:
How;s a 2 drop 1/2, Flying broken? What am I missing?
You're missing it because *turns Storm Crows sideways* all your base are belong to Chuck Norris and every other overused meme ever.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Need a reason to go it. After the fact the product was desireable because of the lands they put in it. If they did something similar again it would be worth it. 



They could use some of the wackiest modern legal cards (example mindslaver) which would mean that some of the cards would be modern legal even though the vast majority are not.


Magic is a lot more collectable now than ever and I think people understand that better. Creating something new that is diserable I think would be better. 



They could do it where they print new cards with the hint that some small percentage of them will be reprinted and become standard legal in the future. For example barren glory was basically straight out of unglued. If they had named it barren glory in unglued I wonder if it could be modern legal today.

It would be like future sight where we're all wondering if that card we like is going to be reprinted in the upcoming set.



There was an article around when Barren Glory was first printed discussing the problem they had. They had wanted to reprint The Cheese Stands Alone, but renamed it because they didn't want people to play Un-set cards in tournament decks (also, it allowed them to add 'at the beginning of your upkeep'). If they were to make another set along those lines, I imagine they'd apply the same standard. They'd prefer to keep the gag sets out of tournaments.

Aren't they all supposed to be 'fun' sets anyway? :P
I'd love to see a "Loxodon Banhammer", "Howling Yours", or even a  "Reintegrate"



Spellcheck



I'm hoping that's supposed to be a planeswalker/plainswalker joke. I can never tell with you.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

I'd love to see a "Loxodon Banhammer", "Howling Yours", or even a  "Reintegrate"



Spellcheck



I'm hoping that's supposed to be a planeswalker/plainswalker joke. I can never tell with you.



It is.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Well, it isn't completely out of the picture as of now.
In fact, they implimented it on the latest edition.
Check out the new mechanic for Rakdos.
Every expansion is for fun. It's a game.

L1 Judge

Every expansion is for fun. It's a game.



"For Fun" in the sense that it's a collectable that is not ment to affect Tournament play or the current Meta Game, it's just for casual games and collectors.

I honestly didn't think i would have to spell that out. 
I'm for it, especially if they reprint some of the more popular old uncards as well with modern text ("enters the battlefield", as opposed to "comes into play" for example) and on new borders (in the case of unglued cards). I really hope they reprint Johny and Timmy, since they are almost guaranteed to print a "Spike" card in the next unset.
I do not like the Un-Sets. I like to play in tournaments, which they are no good for. Even when I play casually, I do not want to play with my arms straight or be careful about touching my face. Those kinds of cards do not add anything interesting to the game.
I'm opposed to sets that don't work within the rules and aren't tournament-legal. However, I'd be fine with a set that just has a more whimsical flavor and feel than usual.


Un sets do work within the rules. Okay, some parts take some liberties with them (half mana and P/T and pink or Hazel colored permanents for instance), but it's fairly simple to apply RAI to those. In fact, I believe it was Maro who said that a common design trap in joke sets is making a card that has not acual function, since those have terrible diminishing returns (Basically once a player sees the card and gets the joke, the card is of no further use to them, whereas you can see Cheatyface, go "Heh, Juzam Djinn[/c], and then actually use the card, assuming your playgroup is down with un cards obvi.).

Every expansion is for fun. It's a game.


Interesting. If I paid for travel and lodging, would you be interested in coming to explain that to a fellow who got visibly upset over the amount of life I gained off a few Ondu Clerics in a game he won anyway during the WWK prerelease? Or the gentleman who listened to headphones the entire match (Which I'm fairly sure violates some tournament procedure, but whatever) and who then proceeded to blow me off when I helpfully informed him that the judge had told us not to use both Double Faced cards and checklist cards at the same time (Basically if you were using DFCs, they all had to be the cards themselves, or they all had to be represented with checklist cards) instead of being a jerk and calling a judge on him for it?.
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.
As if every single Magic expansion is not "for fun."
Interesting. If I paid for travel and lodging, would you be interested in coming to explain that to a fellow who got visibly upset over the amount of life I gained off a few Ondu Clerics in a game he won anyway during the WWK prerelease? Or the gentleman who listened to headphones the entire match (Which I'm fairly sure violates some tournament procedure, but whatever) and who then proceeded to blow me off when I helpfully informed him that the judge had told us not to use both Double Faced cards and checklist cards at the same time (Basically if you were using DFCs, they all had to be the cards themselves, or they all had to be represented with checklist cards) instead of being a jerk and calling a judge on him for it?.

How is a set full of ass jokes supposed to fix those players?
How is a set full of ass jokes supposed to fix those players?


If that was all it took I wouldn't be requesting wahooney's services in the first place .
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.
If they just recommisioned John Avon's artwork for the unhinged lands I would buy a box easy. Those lands are absolutely amazing, I wish they would switch all basics to that format.
57170298 wrote:
Borrowing the East Wind (P3) - Haha, it's like Hurricane but for horsemanship? That makes hilariously little sense. "Oh man, the wind is so much worse up on this horse."
57044478 wrote:
Jon Finkel can win a Magic tournament with a ham sandwich. That doesn't mean ham sandwiches are now the metagame breaker.
97820278 wrote:
Koth: I'm the first viable red planeswalker. Who are you? Tibalt: I'm a two-mana red planeswalker. Koth: I'm the last viable red planeswalker.
Unhinged's great flaw is they expected us to draft it.
I really dislike the Un-sets.  I really don't need a bunch of joke cards that I'll never use.  Sure, they're funny and all, but I can either own them and have them take up space, never to be used again or I can just find them on Gatherer.  I'd much rather WotC focus on making cards that are actually playable, not a tired joke.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

As if every single Magic expansion is not "for fun."



To the OP, it's srs bzns.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Interesting. If I paid for travel and lodging, would you be interested in coming to explain that to a fellow who got visibly upset over the amount of life I gained off a few Ondu Clerics in a game he won anyway during the WWK prerelease? Or the gentleman who listened to headphones the entire match (Which I'm fairly sure violates some tournament procedure, but whatever) and who then proceeded to blow me off when I helpfully informed him that the judge had told us not to use both Double Faced cards and checklist cards at the same time (Basically if you were using DFCs, they all had to be the cards themselves, or they all had to be represented with checklist cards) instead of being a jerk and calling a judge on him for it?.


Woo, free trip! Sounds fun Laughing

L1 Judge

Commander
Arch Enemy
PlaneChase

Those are the "for fun" sets. 



I don't think this post got enough attention, but it's exactly right. They're already making products specifically for casual player, with special mechanics and flavor that they wouldn't be able to use in normal Magic. They're just designing the products to be fun rather than to be funny.
Commander
Arch Enemy
PlaneChase

Those are the "for fun" sets. 



I don't think this post got enough attention, but it's exactly right. They're already making products specifically for casual player, with special mechanics and flavor that they wouldn't be able to use in normal Magic. They're just designing the products to be fun rather than to be funny.



semantics,

everyone knows the OP is referring to the "joke" sets (unglued and unhinged).
Don't be too smart to have fun
I feel like there's room for a non-random, booster sized product to have the "joke" cards. A full set is too much, but 14 cards a year would be a great way to make timely jokes. For instance, There's a lot of humor to be had in the mending, but that was years ago, and would pass over the heads of a lot of players. Making the silly cards immediately after the block they mock would make them much more interesting.

Until then, We'll have to be content with the holiday releases (Which should be in the holiday box, WotC)
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Commander
Arch Enemy
PlaneChase

Those are the "for fun" sets. 



I don't think this post got enough attention, but it's exactly right. They're already making products specifically for casual player, with special mechanics and flavor that they wouldn't be able to use in normal Magic. They're just designing the products to be fun rather than to be funny.



If that's your angle than you forgot Pauper Magic. Which is MUCH more accesible to players old and new than any of the ones you mentioned.

And yet, yes... semantics. I meant "Fun" as in "Joke" 
MTG needs more fun sets, with better execution. Some cards in there aren't really joke cards but are too wild for today's tame standards. I'd rather they just go back to corraling wild genii to make sets. Real sets.
Commander
Arch Enemy
PlaneChase

Those are the "for fun" sets. 



I don't think this post got enough attention, but it's exactly right. They're already making products specifically for casual player, with special mechanics and flavor that they wouldn't be able to use in normal Magic. They're just designing the products to be fun rather than to be funny.



If that's your angle than you forgot Pauper Magic. Which is MUCH more accesible to players old and new than any of the ones you mentioned.

And yet, yes... semantics. I meant "Fun" as in "Joke" 



You'd previously defined it this way:
"For Fun" in the sense that it's a collectable that is not ment to affect Tournament play or the current Meta Game, it's just for casual games and collectors.



The products JustTerrorIt do fit that definition. There are actual products Wizards made and sold for those casual variants, including both special cards (planes/schemes) and traditional cards. These cards were designed with these variants in mind (and multiplayer in general), and they weren't made Standard- or Modern-legal, so they had no effect on those tournaments.

I'm not sure what you mean about Pauper Magic, though. That's just a way of keeping costs down by limiting what cards players can put into their deck. There aren't any products specially designed for Pauper player. It doesn't fit.

You've "clarified" your definition so it can only mean exactly a third Un- set. I don't like those, and I don't think"another one should be made.


You'd previously defined it this way:
"For Fun" in the sense that it's a collectable that is not ment to affect Tournament play or the current Meta Game, it's just for casual games and collectors.



The products JustTerrorIt do fit that definition. There are actual products Wizards made and sold for those casual variants, including both special cards (planes/schemes) and traditional cards. These cards were designed with these variants in mind (and multiplayer in general), and they weren't made Standard- or Modern-legal, so they had no effect on those tournaments.


But then Flutterstorm.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.


You'd previously defined it this way:
"For Fun" in the sense that it's a collectable that is not ment to affect Tournament play or the current Meta Game, it's just for casual games and collectors.



The products JustTerrorIt do fit that definition. There are actual products Wizards made and sold for those casual variants, including both special cards (planes/schemes) and traditional cards. These cards were designed with these variants in mind (and multiplayer in general), and they weren't made Standard- or Modern-legal, so they had no effect on those tournaments.


But then Flutterstorm.



Actually, you get a lot of good cards in the EDH box sets, albeit only one of them. Skullclamp comes to mind like, immediately. And of course Sol Ring. And Flusterstorm is no Tendrils, but it's stlil good.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt