Quantum Mirror

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Quantum Mirror | 
Artifact : rare

Select a creature Enchantment on the field then select a number of target creatures equal to . All the selected creatures get the full effects of the selected Enchantment for as long as the original is on the field. This effect can't be countered. The copies of the original enchantment can't be target of Spells and abilities. 

As long as the selected Enchantment is on the field, don't untap the lands used to pay for
As long as the selected Enchantment is on the field, Quantum Mirror doesn't untap.

"it's there, except it's not... kinda."
It's an interesting effect, but there are a number of basic design problems here that could probably go in cats_and_me's thread about basic design problems.

One: There is no way that amount of text will fit on a card when worded correctly (it's 11 lines as is, which will become much more when wording is fixed).

Two: You're trying too hard to make it unanswerable (can't be countered, copies can't be targets).  Magic is a game of rocks, papers, scissors, lizards, spocks, etc.  The point is, Magic is fun when it's interactive, not when it isn't.

Three: You're doing too much with one card.  There's a lot of memory issues here.  The enchantment copies won't get represented as tokens, so you have to keep track of:

• which enchantment it was

• which creatures were affected

• which lands were used to pay for X

• and what about non-creatures used to pay for X, why don't they stay tapped?

• which actual enchantment object was selected if there were originally two with the same name on the battlefield

• what happens when you have a method of removing the original enchantment multiple times...then you start making multiple copies of any enchantment you want, which compounds the memory issues (remember which token is which).

Beyond those basics, there's a number of templating issues (by "templating" we mean the syntax used by Magic).

Here's a try (keeping as much as I can of the original):

Quantum Mirror |
Artifact : rare
Quantum Mirror does not untap during your untap step.
, : For up to X target creatures, put a token on the battlefield that is a copy of target Aura with "Enchant creature," and attach those tokens to each of those creatures.  Whenever an Aura with the same name as the target Aura leaves the battefield, exile all Auras with that name.  If you do, untap Quantum Mirror.  When Quantum Mirror becomes untapped or leaves the battlefield, exile all Auras with that name.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Magic is a game of rocks, papers, scissors, lizards, spocks, etc. 

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Magic is a game of rocks, papers, scissors, lizards, spocks, etc. 

Yup.  Spock beats Scissors and Rock but loses to Lizard and Paper.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

That made me chuckle, Glasir. Thank you. Also, I had a dream last night that we only lost by 2%. It was a very optimistic dream.

Anyway:

THEME DEX: Rock, Paper, Scissors!

Who is w/me in this YMtC Quest?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Sign In to post comments