Top 5 wanted cards for DotP

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
What 5 cards would you be most excited to see in DotP? They don't particularly have to be in the same deck.

1. Omnath, Locus of Mana
An interesting twist to a mono-green ramp deck.

2. Otherworld Atlas
+ / control with draw spam.

3. Training Grounds
This could be used in a level-up deck or just an active ability deck.

4. Heartless Summoning
/ deck.

5. Infinite Reflection
I know it's not a particularly good card, but I want it. There are so many creatures that could cause mayhem with this.
Omniscience.

Actually, I'd like to see a deck with 2-3 Lightning Angels.
Only 5? This is rough.

Fastbond
One of my favorite ramp.

Gavony Township
Mana or counters can't be bad.

False Prophet
Awesome interaction with Fiend Hunter

Spirit Loop
Lifelink but better. Put it on an opponents fatty.

Elbrus the Binding Blade
Expensive yes, but if you get damage through....

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Can't resist adding 5 more.
(I'll fix my first post card link when I get home. Can't edit on the phone)

Hymn of Rebirth
Rise from the Grave for G/W

Phyrexian Splicer
Get Binding Blade damage through

Disciple of Bolas
Life and draw. (see above Hymn)

Dead Weight
Cheap power down or removal

Empress Galina
May I have your Legendary?
No?
Too bad.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

On top of my head (I'm probably forgetting some card)

1: Birds of Paradise - Probably the most solid green creature of all time.
2: Vigor - One of the best green fatties out there!
3: Emrakul, the Aeons Torn - It's huge!
4: Knight of the Reliquary - Extremely efficient card, especially combined with fetch lands.
5: Bitterblossom

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Elbrus the Binding Blade Expensive yes, but if you get damage through....

I have to agree with this too. Elbrus would be a lot of fun in the 3 - 4 player games. Always wanted to use this card in real life, but could never really figure out a good/viable deck build for it.

Falkenrath Aristocrat
One of my favorite  cards, especially bc of the gorgeous art. I think it would find a nice home in the Rakdos deck.

Necropolis Regent
Would be great for any of the black decks, the ability is just insane... It would be a huge removal magnet though, for sure. She also must be Falkenrath Aristocrat's sister (same pose, stunning dress, great ability).

Bruna, Light of Alabaster
Why, I still ask myself, was this not in the Azorius deck? The synergy is just too perfect not to have had her in it.

Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
Another perfect fit for another guild deck.

Avacyn, Angel of Hope
If we have Griselbrand, why can't we have Avacyn? She'd be great in a reanimator deck. In any of the other white decks, probably too expensive, unless in a gruelingly long 3 - 4 player match.
Avacyn and cohorts wouldn't play nice with Grave Pact or Malfegor

Show

Oh this is going to be fun. alright i can only choose 5 cards. well just going off the top of my head as to what would be awesome to use in the game....

Magus of the Moat
I've always loved this card. stops alot of duels decks in there tracks.

Skullclamp
Great equipment, Mass draw if equipping to small 1/1's. love this card

Umezawa's Jitte
Another great equipment, thought of it when i played a challenge in duels 2013 and it had this card in it. brought me back.

Mindslaver
Imagine having this and a Academy Ruins in a deck. that would be great

Sensei's Divining Top
another great artifact. fits well in any deck.

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.