Worldfire + Shock

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just to be clear, I couldn't cast Shock then cast Worldfire (via Hypersonic Dragon) in response while its on the stack since my opponent would get priority after Shock is cast and, if allowed, would resolve and ruining any kind of instant kill combo. Correct?

Just to be clear, I couldn't cast Shock then cast Worldfire (via Hypersonic Dragon) in response while its on the stack since my opponent would get priority after Shock is cast and, if allowed, would resolve and ruining any kind of instant kill combo. Correct?

no. when you cast a spell during your turn, you retain priority. they only get it once you pass it.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

After you cast a spell or activate an activated ability, you retain priority. So yes, you could cast Shock, then cast the Worldfire because of the Dragon. Do note that your opponent will still get priority before the Worldfire resolves and after Worldfire resolves but before Shock resolves.

no. when you cast a spell during your turn, you retain priority.

It doesn't matter whose turn it is. You always get priority after you cast a spell, even if you cast a spell on an opponent's turn.

Wizards.Com Boards Net Rep

DCI Level 2 Judge

Questions don't have to make sense, but answers do.

whose turn it is is only important when a spell resolves, not when it is cast
proud member of the 2011 community team
Sign In to post comments