Two-Headed Giant Questions?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a few questions about playing Two-Headed Giant games.

If I attack with a creature and select player A of the other team as the attack target, can player B of the other team use their creatures to block?
Mainly I need to know if teammates can block for each other.

Second, if I play Restoration Angel, can I target a creature my teammate controls?

Also is there a site that has in-depth rules on Two-Headed Giant rules?  I have looked around and there seems to only be basic rules.

Thanks
You always attack the opposing team as a team and they block as a team, you do not attack individual players, though you decide which player takes the combat damage when it is dealt.

You can only target a creature you control with the angel's ability. While you play as a team, you are individual players controlling only your own spells and permanents.

For official rules on THG, look up the multiplayer variants in the Comprehensive Rules, you can download the current version here:
www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resources.aspx?x=magic/rules
you attack teams, not individual players
both players of a team can block attackers coming their way

Restoration Angel cannot target creatures your teammate controls

810. in the comprehensive rules covers 2HG, in addition to 800. for the general multiplayer rules
(frightening that I know rules numbers by heart...)
proud member of the 2011 community team
Cool!  Thanks for the replies.  I am new at the THG games but it seems fun from what we have tried.  Just wanted to make sure we were playing correctly.  

Thanks again!