New Content with older Legends

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
I really want to see them go back and tell the stories of some of the legends that people have forgotten. I for one would love to see a new Dakkon Blackblade Planeswalker and figure out what has happened to him all these years. Im sure there are others who want to see this and others happen. Share your favorite legends and what you want to know about them.
Gwendlyn Di Corci. I wanna know if that guy lived. I'm guessin no.
I do believe Dakkon Blackblade had a kid.
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
I think supplemental products would actually be a good place to know about forgotten legends, including those that never got a card like Feather, a living Jarad, Gisa and Geralf. Or to revise cool legends with horrible cards like Gerrard Capashen.
Why does every character have to end up a planeswalker, guys?  So many threads are dedicated to "[Someone's Favorite Character] should be a planeswalker!"  Oy...not everyone can be a walker.  That wouldn't even be interesting.

Anyway, the general idea of revisiting older settings and getting cards for oft-discussed characters is a good idea.  Geralf and Tovolar spring to mind.  I've also always loved the idea of getting creature cards for characters introduced to us as planeswalkers, like having a legendary vampire version of Sorin, for instance. 

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Two blocks in Mirrodin and we get two cats, an undead dragon, a goblin tinkerer, a rebel warrior, two elves, one of which was later compleated, a troll ascetic, a Sylvok healer, a golem, a megalomaniacal metal wizard (who is called a golem more than once but apprently doesn't resemble the Iron Giant or Karn enough to qualify), and the five phyrexian praetors, but not one legendary vedalken. Even Geth, Lord of the Vault eventually got his own card after a brief glimpse in Mirrodin.

Has there been a legendary vedalken? Well, Nin, the Pain Artist, at least. Vedalken Archmage and Grand Architect apparently depict Janus, speaker of the Synod and Kiryk/Unctus the Freed respectively. It wouldn't be the first time a unique character was represented by a nonlegendary creature, but still.

I would have loved to see Pontifex get a card, since he was such an important character, as wel as Bruenna. I believe they were both in all three books, as was Malil. Yert also should've gotten a card in Fifth Dawn. His becoming a harass vampire was really, really cool.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I do believe Dakkon Blackblade had a kid.

Actually, if I recall correctly, Korlash is actually just some random guy who found the Blackblade sword, not a descendant of Dakkon.

Why does every character have to end up a planeswalker, guys?  So many threads are dedicated to "[Someone's Favorite Character] should be a planeswalker!"  Oy...not everyone can be a walker.  That wouldn't even be interesting.

But Dakkon became a planeswalker! It's part of his story already.

[<o>]
wasnt his spark absorbed by the blackblade or something to that effect?  but this is all previsional stuff where the elder-dragons and a few others could 'walk around without sparks and stuff, so idk how much of that wizards would be willing to use again
Anyway, the general idea of revisiting older settings and getting cards for oft-discussed characters is a good idea.  Geralf and Tovolar spring to mind.  I've also always loved the idea of getting creature cards for characters introduced to us as planeswalkers, like having a legendary vampire version of Sorin, for instance. 

I'm not sure a "look at the weaker version of this character you love" is what everyone would like.

Cool idea but wouldn't work for Sorin, it's been established that it was the act of becoming a vampire that ignited his spark. I'd quite like to see a pre-Walker Tibalt... Mostly to see whether he makes a better creature than he does Planeswalker.
Being a planeswalker doesn't discount a character from being a legendary creature.  They could very well make a legendary creature iteration of one of the current planeswalkers.   It might even be a good way to include eveyone involved in a block without overloading on PW cards.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir and Venser, Shaper Savant come to mind. Karn, Silver Golem could also technically count.

Hey, what if they made new versions of Legendary characters that are currently reserved? New Eladamri, Ertai, Greven, Karn, Maraxus, Multani, Orim, and Rofellos cards, for example. They have to be different enough from the originals so as not to count as functional reprints but still give new players a chance to pick up cards of these classic characters.

Hey, what if they made new versions of Legendary characters that are currently reserved? New Eladamri, Ertai, Greven, Karn, Maraxus, Multani, Orim, and Rofellos cards, for example. They have to be different enough from the originals so as not to count as functional reprints but still give new players a chance to pick up cards of these classic characters.

Half of those guys were officially killed off, weren't they?
Certainly Maraxus...

~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
I WANTED to read your post, I WANTED to post something witty, relevant, and on-topic, but all I could think of is what the **** is up with your name?
I hate dogs.

Half of those guys were officially killed off, weren't they?
Certainly Maraxus...

Multani's physical form was destroyed by Jeska, all signs point to him being dead, but it was left somewhat ambiguous. Leaving room for the possibility of him reforming in Yavimaya.

Greven was killed off by Tahngarth.

Ertai was killed (accidentally) by Squee while he was in the process of killing Squee over and over again.

Eladamri jumped to his death along with Sivi, mostly for the purpose of not giving Yawgmoth the satisfaction of killing them himself.

Orim is still alive (or was still alive, depending on what time we are talking about here), living on Mercadia with her husband Cho-Manno.

Rofellos was killed by the demon Gallowbraid when the Weatherlight crew attempted to help Crovax's family fight off the two demons Gallowbraid and Morinfen.

Maraxus was killed by Starke after he captured him, which is how Starke got his position on the Weatherlight.

So Orim is likely the only one still alive out of those mentioned.

People tend to forget that this was back in the days when they weren't afraid to kill off important characters left and right.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Well the idea was to look back in time, recounting the events of the past. Like how Phyrexia vs. the Coalition adapted the story of Invasion to promote Scars of Mirrodin, which marked Phyrexia's return.

Hazezon Tamir is probably the legend from the no-reprint list I'd like to see get a new card the most. Note that Coldsnap had more than a few cards based on old cards that weren't good anymore due to power creep, rules changes, etc etc.
Did Mirri die after becoming a vamp? Or is she still out there as a vampire somewhere?
Did Mirri die after becoming a vamp? Or is she still out there as a vampire somewhere?

I could be mistaken here (and if so someone jump in to correct me) but I'm 99% sure that in the standard universe Mirri was never a vampire she died fighting Vampire Crovax, it was only in one of the Planar Chaos alt-universes that her and Crovax swapped places making Mirri a vampire.

I could be mistaken here (and if so someone jump in to correct me) but I'm 99% sure that in the standard universe Mirri was never a vampire she died fighting Vampire Crovax, it was only in one of the Planar Chaos alt-universes that her and Crovax swapped places making Mirri a vampire.

This is correct ^^
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
It's a little sickening though that in the alternate scenario both got to live while in the original timeline Mirri wasn't so lucky. Granted, they would both have probably ended up dead by the end of Apocalypse but still.

Recently I've begun to wonder what Gerrard and Hanna's descendants might have been like had they both lived long enough to continue the bloodline. Maybe we would have seen a pair of siblings in Future Sight based on their ancestors? Much like how Oriss, Samite Guardian derives her ability from ancestors Orim, Samite Healer and Cho-Manno, Revolutionary.

Mirri basically existed for a pun, really. I mean, yeah, she's Gerrard's unlucky childhood friend, but I'm not even sure the internet was aware of furries in the pre-4chan days.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Just read her story at MTGS. Now I really feel sorry for her. Mirri was basically the Glissa of her day. It's nice to see though that Gerrard didn't so much abandon her as she basically sacrificed herself so he would live. And to think Gerrard could have had himself some catgirl lovin', not that there's anything wrong with Hanna.

I would like to see a few more characters revisited, if the continuity allows. A planeswalker Dakkon? Sure. A pre-spark Nissa? Why not. A better version of some legends we like but aren't quite playable enough? Why not...

Gwendlyn, Thiefmaster -
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue
: Gwendlyn gains haste and first strike until end of turn.
: Gwendlyn is unblockable this turn.
: Target player discards a card. Use this ability only once per turn and only if Gwendlyn has dealt combat damage to that player this turn.
3/3

I've got one for Gerrard:

Gerrard, Benalish Veteran
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
Creatures you control have vigilance.
: Target creature gains first strike until end of turn.
: Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

I have one for Gerrard:

Gerrard, Capeshan Veteran
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier

Vigilance

All damage done by opponent's tapped blocking creatures is reduced to 0.

3/3

This is refering to the Master of Arms card that was his likeness in Weatherlight.
I wasn't aware this was YMTC. 
What is this thread, exactly?  I wasn't aware it had any more relevance than your comment was helpful.
This thread is apparently YMTC which is passed off as speculation. 
Captain Obvious.
It's okay, your worth became obvious when you started making fake cards. 
Which is similar, yet less insulting, than your belittling attitude.
If you could only see the difference between "discussion" and "fake magic card that I came up with". 
Example only.  Thorough discussion begs from example. 
This thread is apparently YMTC which is passed off as speculation. 

Yeah, it's like that 99% of the time.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I don't see why making cards to suggest what you expect from the set is so condemnable. Did I miss a memo?
Most on here can't take what Chu says seriously, it's like talking to GM_Champion.  This was mostly a fun thread anyways.
In that case:
Dakkon, Wielder of the Blackblade 1WUUB
Planeswalker - Dakkon
+1: Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand.
-4: Put all land cards from your hand into play.
-8: you get an emblem that says, "Creatures you control get +1/+1 for each land you control."
I would love too see Dakkon again, I'm not overly thrilled about plainswalkers, but I guess it'd make sense in his case. I just wish he was in land ramp colors, that's the only reason my legends dakkon is alloted to the role of beater in edh decks of his color instead of a general, which makes me a sad panda.

<----- Loser.

Sign In to post comments