IPad multiplayer- wait, what happened to my chance to counter spell?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just had to concede a game online that I should have done much better in, except my opponent got off two spells that absolutely crippled me. I was playing Jace's deck, had lands untapped, and a counter spell in heard, yet the spell went straight into play without a chance for me to counter it. Is this a known issue, happened to anyone else? What's up with that?

Haven't tried counter spells much in multiplayer before this, so not sure what was up. 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
It's most likely a latency issue, I've had multiple instances like this happen on the Xbox version too. Sometimes in matches where you have a less than stellar connection to the host, you don't get a chance to pause the game and respond to anything they do, making instants almost obsolete. It's been a problem since the original DotP too, quite annoying not being able to respond.
It helps to ready your finger/s on the pause button. But if there's really a lag with the connection, then even the pause button won't work. 
That sucks. bad net code there. Very annoying, guess I should stick to Golgari, then.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Sign In to post comments