Wrath, the Vengeful (PEACH)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey, I've been working on a group of enemies based on the seven deadly sins. Please tell me what you think about Wrath, the Vengeful.

Wrath, the VengefulLevel 21 Elite Skirmisher
Medium Natural Humanoid (Half-Orc)6,400 XP

HP 410; Bloodied 205;                                                    Initiative +21
AC 38; Fortitude37, Reflex 35, Will 32,                       Perception +13 Speed 12, Run or Charge 16;                                        Low-light Vision
Resist Cold 10, Necrotic 10
Regeneration 15
Saving Throws +2; Action Points 1
Traits
Master Dervish
Wrath gains +4 to speed when either running or charging. Wrath ignores difficult terrain when charging or shifting. Charging does not end Wrath's turn. Wrath may make a melee basic attack when either he makes a critial attack or is subject to a critical attack.
Standard Actions
Wrath's Rush At-Will 
Special: this attack may be used as part of a charge Attack: Melee 1 (One Creature); +29 vs. AC (+31 if used as a charge) Hit: 2d6+7 damage. Effect: If wrath charged add 2d6 extra damage.
Winged Fury At-Will 
Wrath makes a melee basic attack at a range of 5 squares.
Lightning Charge (lightning) ♦ Recharge  
Requirement:This attack must be made as a charge and Wrath is not impeded by creatures in his path.
Attack: Melee 1 (One Creature); +31 vs. AC
Hit: 4d6+7 lightning damage and the target is pushed 3 squares. If the target is stopped by an obstacle, then both the target and the obstacle take 1d6 points of damage per remaining square of push.
Effect: Wrath makes a melee basic attack against any creature on or adjacent to any square through which he passes (enemy or ally).
Miss: The target shifts 1 square.
Bladed Whirlwind Recharge  
Attack: Close  Burst 1 (All creatures); +29 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6+7 damage and the target is knocked prone.
Effect: Wrath slides each target up to 3 squares.
Furious Mark (Healing) ♦ Encounter 
Attack: Melee 1 (one target effected by Wrath's quarry); +29 vs. AC (Two attacks, main and off-hand)
Hit: 2d6+7 damage (main) plus 2d6+7 damage (off-hand) plus 3d6 if either attack hits (Wrath's Quarry) plus 2d6 if both attacks hit (Quickhit Bracers).
Effect: Wrath regains 102 hit points and the target is marked until the end of the encounter. When the target is reduced to 0 hit points, this power recharges.
Frantic Assault (keyword) ♦ Encounter 
Attack: Melee 1 (Any adjacent creatures); +29 vs. AC (two attacks (main and off-hand)
Hit: 2d6+7 damage and make another attack roll for that weapon. If this added attack hits, follow the hit heading under this attack until you do not hit.
Move Actions
Combat Shift At-Will 
Wrath shifts 2 squares.
A Step Back (Healing) ♦ Encounter 
Wrath shifts 4 squares and cannot end this shift next to an enemy. Wrath regains 102 hit points.
Minor Actions
"Rage" At-Will 
Attack: Melee 1 (One Creature); +29 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6+7 damage.
Special: If Wrath has already hit the target with "Fury" this turn, add 2d6 to the damage roll.
"Fury" At-Will 
Attack: Melee 1 (One Creature); +29 vs. AC
Hit: +2d6+7 damage.
Special: If Wrath has already hit the target with "Rage" this turn, add 2d6 to the damage roll.
Wrath's Quarry At-Will 
Once per turn Wrath can designate the enemy nearest to him as his quarry. Once per round Wrath may deal +3d6 extra damage against his quarry. Wrath's Quarry remains in effect until the end of the encounter, the quarry is defeated, or until Wrath designates another quarry.
Triggered Actions
Murderous Frenzy Encounter 
Trigger: Wrath reduces a foe to 0 hit points. Effect: Wrath gains an action point.
Savage Parry At-Will 
Trigger: Wrath is targeted by a melee attack.
Attack: Melee 1 (triggering creature); +29 vs. Opponents attack roll
Hit: Both Wrath's attack and the triggering creature's attack are negated.
Miss: If Wrath missed the targets attack roll, but exceeded the Target's AC, treat this attack as a melee basic attack.
Skills Acrobatics +19, Athletics +21, Endurance +19, Intimidate +19, Nature +18, Stealth +19

Str 24 (+17)Dex 21 (+15)Wis 16 (+13)
Con 16 (+13)Int 12 (+11)Cha 10 (+10)

Alignment Evil Languages Common, Giant
Equipment "Rage", "Fury", +4 Great Cat Darkhide, Quickhit Bracers (level 15), Boots of Striding, Spell Anchors, Horned Helm (level 16), +4 Badge of the Berserker, Ring of Shadow Guard, Ring of Frenzied Action, Cincture of the Dragon Spirit, Strikeback Tattoo.

"Rage"Level 20
You can feel the hatred radiating from this spite-cursed blade.
Level 20 +4 125,000
Weapon: Katar
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus (+3d6 high crit) and you may make a melee basic attack with "Fury"
Property: You receive an item bonus to your initiative equal to this weapon's enhancement bonus.
Power (Daily): Minor Action. You conjure a Katar made of electricity in a square adjacent to you, and it lasts until the end of your next turn. It makes a melee basic attack against one enemy adjacent to it that you choose using your attack bonus. The damage it deals is Lightning damage. The katar always remains adjacent to you, even if you move. Sustain Minor: The Katar lasts until the end of your next turn and makes another melee basic attack.

"Fury"Level 20
This Blood-stained blade makes even the wind cry out in fury.
Level 20 +4 125,000
Weapon: Katar
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus (+3d6 high crit) and you may make a free melee basic attack with "Rage"
Power (At-Will): Standard Action.You make a melee basic attack at a range of 5 squares
Power (Daily): Minor Action. You conjure a Katar made of cohesive sound in a square adjacent to you, and it lasts until the end of your next turn. It makes a melee basic attack against one enemy adjacent to it that you choose using your attack bonus. The damage it deals is Thunder damage. The katar always remains adjacent to you, even if you move. Sustain Minor: The Katar lasts until the end of your next turn and makes another melee basic attack.

Ring of Frenzied ActionLevel 20
Flavor Text.
Level 20 125,000
Ring
Property: When you have no Action Points remaining and have used your Standard, Move, and Minor actions for this turn, you gain one extra minor action.
This creature has enough extra attack abilities that it should be a solo instead.  Wrath probably averages 4 hits per round and can easily get more than that.

Lightning Charge should be written more like this:

Requirement:This attack must be made as part of a charge.  During this charge, Wrath may pass through enemies' spaces. Attack: Melee 1 (One Creature); +31 vs. AC Hit: 4d6+7 lightning damage and the target is pushed 3 squares. If the target is stopped by an obstacle, then both the target and the obstacle take 1d6 points of damage per remaining square of push. Effect: Wrath makes a melee basic attack against each creature he is adjacent to at any point during the charge. Miss: Wrath slides the target 1 square.

You don't need to say anything about difficult terrain since the creature already has that ability.

Savage Parry is very complicated, and I wouldn't want to comment on it until I know what kind of action it costs (immediate interrupt, opportunity, free, no).

Furious Pace is unnecessary.  Since Wrath only has one stance power, the only reason he wouldn't immediately activate it on his first turn is if he can not or doesn't need to move.  If you want to keep it, apply some kind of limitation that explains why he doesn't automatically use it (such as "only while bloodied"), or simply increase his base speed by 4.
I'm trying to make him an elite to go with what I plan to be a full set of seven deadly sins.

I understand what you are saying with regards to lightning charge, I wrote it before I wrote Master Dervish. In addition, I understand the Furious Pace (originally Incredible Stride from PHB3) is unnecessary.

Savage Parry was intended to be an opportunity action, so it could be used once per opponent's turn, I may remove the miss/hit portion of the power.

I intended for Wrath to be a spinning whirlwind of blades, but each attack not be more than a melee basic attack (with modifications due to gear/abilities). I built him as a PC first and then tried to convert him to a monster format.

Was intended to activate Furious Pace and "Rage" in round one, and make a Charge attack of some kind.

In round two, he needs to maintain "Rage", and Activate "Fury" (with the Spell Anchors) and then he has only two actions per turn, likely Quarry, and another Charge attack. 

Anyway you can come up with to reduce the power, yet maintain the feel/concept for Wrath? 
Sign In to post comments