I just opened a Mishra's Workshop! check it out. Comments?

86 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey Everyone:

I JUST opened a Mishra's Workshop on camera!
Nov 20, 2012. Tell me what you think.

youtu.be/nlh6PSoAn_Q 

I'm kinda wondering what it could be worth.  I see them for sale on Ebay, but it's so hard to know because of condition. 

^^ 
Out of pack mint can net you $350 plus, it'd probably be worth it to get it graded (It'd probably sell for more)

<----- Loser.

Really? Even if it's 10 BGS? There's one on Ebay right now posted at around 1700. I think that's a little far fetched though.

But thanks for the feedback. 
Cracking packs of Antiquities.....

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

Really? Even if it's 10 BGS? There's one on Ebay right now posted at around 1700. I think that's a little far fetched though.

But thanks for the feedback. 

1700 is a little village in la la land, but you can still get a pretty penny for it. congrats

<----- Loser.

magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card...

Very nice find. I love opening old packs too because magic is my crack.  
Fun video! Very careful . I like that! What a great pull.

I thought I had a rush playing at the grand prix in Taipei today but the Workshop takes the cake!
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
I've removed content from this thread. Trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Please remember to keep your posts polite, on topic and refrain from personal attacks.
You are very cute! Congrats! You are also very lucky! I'm so glad you got something worthwhile.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

misogyny is why the magic community is dominated by males. 
Don't ruin her topic guys. She pulled a NEW Mishra's Workshop! That's still incredibule to say.

No one has ever used it.

Living in China I can say Chinese girls don't really play Magic but so what. It's just a small part of life. I prefer that my girlfriend is like "oh, you're playing cards again, I'm going to eat hot pot".
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
I love how GM_champion embodies the traditional values of the 1950s.
I hate dogs.
And here comes the misogynist science. 

"Female psychology". "A mostly [n]on-Asian thing". Yeah, here we go.

Can we please stop being r/MensRights just because they 'defended' Finkel? I know internets is srs bzns and all, but still...

Anyway, gratz on the find, OP.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I've removed content from this thread. Trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct, as are sexist comments.

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Please remember to keep your posts polite, on topic and refrain from personal attacks. You are free to disagree with one another as long as it is done in a respectful manner. 
Carefully done. Congrats!

Please check out my Blog:

Magic the Gathering Adventures Blog

http://mtgadventures.blogspot.com/

Please check out my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rubiera22/featured

Can we please stop being r/MensRights just because they 'defended' Finkel? I know internets is srs bzns and all, but still...

Kevin is an expert in many areas of science, and you have yet to refute his points.
I hate dogs.
That is a very awesome pull. Congrats!
Wow. Cool pull. Even when you don't get something this valuable, there's something incredible about cracking such old packs... it's like uncovering ancient history, somehow. Someone gave me an Unlimited pack about four years ago, and even though I didn't get anything particularly impressive it was still a cool experience to be able to open something like that.

Anyway, congratulations :D And welcome to the boards, hope you haven't been scared away already. :P We're actually not all completely horrid.

(Also, oh god, I can't believe how Kevin manages to turn even the most innocent thread into an awful roiling cesspool of terribleness. It's actually impressive.)
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

We're actually not all completely horrid.

Yes, we really are.  Except catotheyounger, but nobody likes him.

(Also, oh god, I can't believe how Kevin manages to turn even the most innocent thread into an awful roiling cesspool of terribleness. It's actually impressive.)

How does this STILL surprise you?
I hate dogs.
Thanks guys. I got into it because of my brother. I wasn't expecting to get a Mishra's workshop out of the pack. I mean.. What are the odds right? I only know how to play with vintage cards since I didn't keep up with the new stuff. I need sometime to learn the new rules. Also I'm more of a collector now. Does any of you collect alpha or beta series? ;)

I wish more girls play magic cards... ;)

Have you considered assassinating Kevin?
I hate dogs.

Actually there were quite a few girls playing at GP Taipei this weekend. I would say maybe 20 (out of 750+) haha.

I started playing around 3rd edition but everyone was using all of those cards from Alpha against me!

I have alpha/beta cards, I'm not building a set or anything but I like them because those are the cards I started with.

<----- Loser.

Kevin is an expert in many areas of science, and you have yet to refute his points.

Sociobiology evolutionary psychology doesn't have a precise mechanism. And their idea of "human nature" contradicts real life for the most part. Plus, he assumed automatically that everyone on the Pacific Rim was identical because of his alleged experiences in Japan.

And don't worry. Kevin'll rotate out soon, and he's over nine thousand on the storm scale.

Thanks guys. I got into it because of my brother. I wasn't expecting to get a Mishra's workshop out of the pack. I mean.. What are the odds right? I only know how to play with vintage cards since I didn't keep up with the new stuff. I need sometime to learn the new rules. Also I'm more of a collector now. Does any of you collect alpha or beta series? ;) I wish more girls play magic cards... ;)

My girlfriend learned from me. She's actually pretty good, even though I did "not" have a Stoic Rebuttal (which would've countered her game-winning play, "had I had it") the first time we played a game where all cards then in Standard were allowed. (And for the record, I always let someone I'm teaching win a few times.)

She doesn't like when people go easy on her just because she's a girl.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
The only thing I can get out of my wife when I mention Magic is "Tap...Tap, Tap....Tap, Tap...Tap".  It must be nice having someone close to play with when it's not Friday night.

Good one opening the pack too.  I'd love to get my hands on some old cards fresh from the pack like that!

Cheers  

So is Dr. Sheldon Cooper. And I'm not going to attempt to refute any of his points...

~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Hey Everyone:

I JUST opened a Mishra's Workshop on camera!
Nov 20, 2012. Tell me what you think.

Nice work! Congratulations!
I'm at work, where Youtube is blocked, so I can't watch the video right now (so apologies if you answer this question in there)...
... but how did you come to have an Antiquities booster in the first place? How much did it cost?

~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)

So is Dr. Sheldon Cooper. And I'm not going to attempt to refute any of his points...

Random Sam Black roommate describe that show best, as "blackface for nerds".
I hate dogs.

The show is legitimately terrible, but... isn't that self-important idiocy to the highest degree? Like, in what plane of reality are nerds comparable in terms of oppression and disenfranchisement to African Americans in the early 20th century? It's just such a ludicrous statement when geek products have been basically hurling their competition out of the high speed train of pop culture for the last decade or so.

When Batman is making gravity-bending quantities of cold hard cash, you don't get to whine about being misrepresented in popular culture. You just straight up lose that right. Your ability to whine about that evaporates more quickly than Christopher Nolan's interest in the Dark Knight franchise after Heath Ledger died. It vanishes more rapidly than the hopes of Wonder Woman fans after that pilot turned out to be too terrible to even air. It just straight up disapparates like the dramatic tension leaving the narrative after Voldemort starts all awkwardly hugging people like he's suddenly their kindly noseless uncle.

What I'm saying is that it's a really goofy statement that actually ends up distracting from what an awful show Big Bang Theory truly is. Seriously. So bad. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

The show is legitimately terrible, but... isn't that self-important idiocy to the highest degree? Like, in what plane of reality are nerds comparable in terms of oppression and disenfranchisement to African Americans in the early 20th century? It's just such a ludicrous statement when geek products have been basically hurling their competition out of the high speed train of pop culture for the last decade or so.

When Batman is making gravity-bending quantities of cold hard cash, you don't get to whine about being misrepresented in popular culture. You just straight up lose that right. Your ability to whine about that evaporates more quickly than Christopher Nolan's interest in the Dark Knight franchise after Heath Ledger died. It vanishes more rapidly than the hopes of Wonder Woman fans after that pilot turned out to be too terrible to even air. It just straight up disapparates like the dramatic tension leaving the narrative after Voldemort starts all awkwardly hugging people like he's suddenly their kindly noseless uncle.

What I'm saying is that it's a really goofy statement that actually ends up distracting from what an awful show Big Bang Theory truly is. Seriously. So bad. 

Because exploitation of culture is a good thing, right? 

You might think it stupid that blacksploitation is being compared to exploitation of "nerd culture" but it is similar. Not similar as in that nerds are unified by ethnicity but in the fact that the culture of an opressed minority of the population is being exploited and misrepresented. Similar thing is happening on television right now with gaysploitation. Maybe the problems in the nerd community can be viewed as not as severe as say racism but it doesn't change the fact that it exists and doesn't change that we can address it as a problem. 
But like... why? Why does it even remotely matter in any way?

And again, I'm not sure how this even makes sense as a complaint when Marvel is making so much money for Disney that pretty soon they're just going to buy New York and blow it up in real life instead of building sets. They'll be all, "We are concerned about the negative impact of minor, unavoidable flaws in graphics rendering technology upon the artistic experience of our viewers, therefore we are going to live broadcast a three dimensional cinematic experience of The Avengers blowing up New York during their battle with Darth Vader and Yzma." And we'll loudly proclaim the whole thing to be artistically bankrupt while standing in line to buy our 3D glasses.

There's nothing wrong with geekdom that we haven't done to ourselves at this point. We're on top of the world but we act like everyone is JUST [sob] SO [sob] MEAN TO US [wail, weep, rend garments &c.].

You know, 3D movies actually don't work too well with the way our eyes evolved. See the thing is... all this big 3D stuff screws up your perspective.
Do you not see using a group of people looked down on by society as the butt end of a comedy program as a problem? 

Marvel is a company. A company is not a person. I don't see how anything else you're talking about is relevant.
You know, 3D movies actually don't work too well with the way our eyes evolved. See the thing is... all this big 3D stuff screws up your perspective.

Yeah, it's terrible.  I mean, it's completely unnatural and contrary to our anatomy to have one image shown in one eye, and another in the other, to make things appear three-dimensional.

And I'm sorry for upsetting you, I didn't mean to trivialize the struggles of your race. 
I hate dogs.

sigged

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?

sigged

My influence grows...

Suck it, catotheyounger! 
I hate dogs.
Do you not see using a group of people looked down on by society as the butt end of a comedy program as a problem? 

Marvel is a company. A company is not a person. I don't see how anything else you're talking about is relevant.

Of course, you're right, there isn't a single geek working for Marvel, DC, Google, Apple, Microsoft and Microsoft Studios or any of the other incredibly rich and successful companies that to a very real extent dictate what our culture is, says, and does.

How absolutely freaking foolish of me for making the silly mistake of assuming that with technology dominating society geeks might just possibly have some sort of relative power as opposed to horrible oppression and inability to climb their way up the social ladder.

And how absurd to think that when movies made entirely about formerly geek-only products might in fact have some beneficial effect on geeks!

What a joke. You want to know why we have problems getting girls to play Magic? It's because geeks have a persecution complex, and that persecution complex has turned into an obsession with purging our ranks of fakers, phonies, and posers. We use our newfound desireability as a cudgel and the results are universally disgusting. No matter how bad a single TV show is, it's still A SINGLE TV SHOW, and the fact that geeks seem more upset about this than their own awful behavior says a lot, I think.

So I'm sorry if I just absolutely cannot find a reason to give a crap about your cultural appropriation. I've heard cries of "cultural appropriation" and "exploitation" used one too many times to justify the all out inquisition against women that geek culture is engaged in. I'm sick of it.

Geeks think they're the X-Men, put upon and misunderstood.

They aren't.

They're Loki.
Keeper, you've been consuming too much pop culture...
I hate dogs.
You guys shouldn't be high-jacking this thread. This is about pulling an awesome card, rare and old card!

Not trying to hit on a girl who posted on the forum.

So....yeah, that was an interesting tangent, but Mishra's Workshop!  That's pretty awesome

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...

That must be tough.
139359831 wrote:
To be fair, we're highjacking it for purposes vastly different from hitting on her.  Specifically, amusing ourselves at the possible expense of GM_champion, anyone foolish enough to think we're defending GM_champion, and keeperofmanynames, the architect of a brilliant sociological theory supported by evidence in numerous television and cinematic productions.
I hate dogs.