Shrink Ray

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shrink Ray

Artifact
Rare
, : Target creature becomes 1/1.

I'm filled with a great deal of shame to know this name has not yet been used.

I'm not sure if the card will be more compelling if its a bit pricey but shrinks permenantly, or if its cheaper and shrinks until EOT.
Thoughts?    
is not pricey ( it's colorless)

way over powered if effect is permanent

otherwise comparabe to Icy Manipulator
NO WAR

They've killed Fritz
I've been shadow banned by youtube my comments only show when I'm logged

does any see my comment here ?

Agree with Matt. This should be an EOT effect unless the cost is increased.
I like it, I would play it. It would probably see alot of play in burn.
Not sure if fantasy inspired,

or someone's been watching Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

I mean, they just made the "Hey everybody remember cheesy horror movies" set. You should make the Cheesy science fiction movies set!

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Wow, seriously? This name has never been used? That's... kind of amazing, actually.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Shrink Ray: totally within the general magic flavor.

no but seriously I agree that it shouldn't be permanent at that cost. in constructed it'd be fine but in limited turning each of their bombs into a 1/1 for is insane. and it's colorless, so every deck can first pick it. always be careful with colorless bombs.

I'd make it eot, then it's still crazy what it does to combat math but at least it's not as bad. even then you might have to increase the cost. it's far more dangerous than Icy, because you don't have to use it until they've committed to combat. holding a squire on defense means anything they swing with could die.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Someone on here made this. . .
This

Shrink Ray Cannoneer   ()()
Creature - Human Artificer
Whenever Shrink Ray Cannoneer would deal combat damage to a creature, instead put a miniature counter on that creature.
Creatures with miniature counters on them are 0/1.
1/2
Honey, have you seen the kids?

That guy.

But as far as I can tell, that's the closest anyone has ever come.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Until EOT. I don't feel like =1/=1 counters should be a thing.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
>RESPOND TO INPUT

Okay, so given how miserable tracking this sort of thing would be over the course of several turns, I submit the following

Shrink Ray mk2

Artifact
Rare
, : Target creature becomes 1/1 until end of turn.

No muss, no fuss, and it still captures all the fun of using a card called Shrink Ray.
IT DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS.

Alternatively, if I were insistant upon making the effect permanent, I would probably follow Xathrid Gorgon's example, and use a counter that marks the change, but isn't necessary for it to maintain.    

Shrink Ray mk3

Artifact
Rare
, : Put a shrink counter on target creature. That creature is 1/1.