[Path] Archetype: Immune... to feat prerequisites?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
My group switched to Pathfinder over the last year and one of my PCs just learned about archtypes once the players got to level three, now he wants to convert.  Whether or not to allow him to switch his monk to a Master of Many Styles is something I have simply yet to decide on.  What I am confused about is the wording on the archetype itself:  

www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/mo...

The Bonus Feat section implies that you can take any feat without the prerequisite   I have reread this ability many times and can draw no other conclusion and I was hoping one of our pro-DMs could help me out. 
Wouldn't it make more sense to ask this on the Paizo boards?
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Wouldn't it make more sense to ask this on the Paizo boards?

I guess it would make more sense but I do not know what those are and I have an account here.

www.paizo.com
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
QUOTE: At 1st level, 2nd level, and every four levels thereafter, a master of many styles may select a bonus style feat or the Elemental Fist feat. He does not have to meet the prerequisites of that feat, except the Elemental Fist feat. ENDQUOTE

It says that bonus style feats can be taken even if he doesn't meet the requirements, except for Elemental Fist.
For Elemental Fist he needs:  Con 13, Wis 13, Improved Unarmed Strike, base attack bonus +8.

Now, if only I could find the secret of the Caramilk...
I guess they use some kind of special molds, but what about the caramel part????

The MoMS thing only allows the monk to take style feats without meeting the prereqs... not just any feat. A lot of things in both D&D and Pathfinder allow you to not have to meet the prereqs for taking a feat or other game element.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...