[Game] You break the color pie!

188 posts / 0 new
Last post
Step #01 - Make the card the player above wanted you to make.
Step #02 - Choose an effect that's in the color of the card you just designed.
Step #03 - Ask the next player to make a card in a color that usually doesn't get that effect.

Here's the first post:

"What did you just say, the next player has to design a red card that lets you draw two cards?"

Little Fork -
Instant
Copy target instant or sorcery that has "Draw a card." You may choose new targets for the copy.
Draw a card.

Make a blue instant or sorcery that deals three damage to a creature or player!
Instant Feedback -
Instant (U)
Choose one - counter target instant spell; or prevent all damage that target instant spell would deal this turn; if damage is prevented this way, Instant Feedback deals 3 damage to that spell's controller.

Design a red card which 'deals with' enchantments.
Cerebral Backlash
Instant
If there are three or more spells on the stack, Cerebral Backlash deals 3 damage to target creature or player.

EDIT: ninja'd!

Goblin Fireshaman
Creature - Goblin
Haste
: target player discards a card at random.  If they do, that player sacrifices a permanent that matches the type of a card discarded in this way.
2/2

NEXT: make a green "bounce" card (return a permanent to its owners hand type thing).

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Scare Away -
Instant
Return target creature to its owner's hand. That player may put a creature card with converted mana cost equal to one plus the returned creature's converted mana cost from his or her hand into play.

Make a blue instant or sorcery that has a creature get +3/+3 until end of turn!

Instant Feedback -
Instant (U)
Choose one - counter target instant spell; or prevent all damage that target instant spell would deal this turn; if damage is prevented this way, Instant Feedback deals 3 damage to that spell's controller.

shatter  
sorcery

destroy target land or enchantment

make a white card that destroys a single land. 
Instant Feedback -
Instant (U)

shatter  
sorcery

destroy target land or enchantment

make a white card that destroys a single land. 
Infuse with Power
Sorcery
Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn.

Is that too loose of an interpretation?  It could be +3/+3...but it doesn't step on greens toes and it might actually be playable late game.

Retribution
Sorcery
Destroy target land that has dealt damage this game.

NEXT: make a white tutor card. 

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
cats_and_me wrote:

Goblin Fireshaman
Creature - Goblin
Haste
: target player discards a card at random.  If they do, that player sacrifices a permanent that matches the type of a card discarded in this way.
2/2

Clever!
Seek the Meek -
Sorcery (U)
Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 1 or less, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Design a green creature with flying.

Infuse with Power

Sorcery

That's still a green card, and not a blue card! It was actually printed as Untamed Might..
Seek the Meek -
Sorcery (U)
Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 1 or less, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Design a green creature with flying.

Woodland Raptor 

Flying

When a creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~. 1/1

Design a white creature with the Sengir Vampire ability.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Tactical General
Creature - Human Soldier
Whenever a creature dealt damage by a creature you control this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on the creature that dealt that damage.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to a creature you control.
3/3

Make a red card with lifelink. 

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
ColonialDragons wrote:
magicpablo666 wrote:
magicpablo666 wrote:
cats_and_me wrote:
Treacherous Viashino -
Creature - Viashino
Lifelink
At the end of your turn, Treacherous Viashino deals four damage to you.
4/4

Make a white instant or sorcery that steals a creature for just one turn!
Safekeeping

Sorcery

Gain control of target creature your opponent controls. Untap it. It gains haste until the end of the turn. If you were to attack with an opponent's creature this turn, target opponent gains 1 life for each creature attacking. 

Make a green propoganda effect. 
Ironbough Oak
Creature - Plant (R)
Defender, reach
~ is indestructible and can block any number of creatures.
: ~ can't block target creature this turn. Any player may activate this ability.
Only infusions of mana can part its tangled limbs.
0/4

Make a common black creature with vigilance.

Okay it doesn't have to be common but that would be neat
Corpse Munching Cadaver -
Creature - Zombie
Exile a creature card in a graveyard: Corpse Munching Cadaver gains vigilance until end of turn.
3/3

Make a land that is an instant.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
ColonialDragons wrote:
magicpablo666 wrote:
magicpablo666 wrote:
cats_and_me wrote:
Make a common black creature with vigilance.

Skeleton Scirmishers
:Bm::BM: (u)
creature - sleletons
vigilance
regenerate
"get back in line. get back in line, get back in line" -Emilie Autumn
(1/1)

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

Lestat the Musical: I want more

Infuse with Power

Sorcery

That's still a green card, and not a blue card! It was actually printed as Untamed Might..

Mine was a Sorcery? (weak I know). But seriously...that is a crap ass green card.  Have to spend 5 mana before its better than giant growth...ewww.  I could add "Gains flying and gets +X/+X" and it might almost be playable.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
ColonialDragons wrote:
magicpablo666 wrote:
magicpablo666 wrote:
cats_and_me wrote:
Make a land that is an instant.

Terrefi's other Island Land Island (r)
you may play this land anytime once each turn
when Terrefi's other Island comes into play, return land you control to owner hand
at the end of turn, return Terrefi's Other Island to owners hand
add to your mana pool

make a white card drawer

hasbro didn't respond

Preaching to the Choir
Sorcery (U)
Draw a card for each creature with power 1 or less you control.

Next: Design a red lifegain spell.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Eat (c) instant, Sacrifice a creature gain life equal to it's toughness
~"ownk mmm"

a blue card with deathtouch

hasbro didn't respond

Eat (c) instant, Sacrifice a creature gain life equal to it's toughness
~"ownk mmm"

a blue card with deathtouch

Rotting Skaab
Creature - Zombie
As an additional cost to cast ~, exile a creature card from your graveyard.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on ~.
Deathtouch
It doesn't hold together too well, but the bits that come off stick nicely. 
4/7

Make a green library manipulation spell.
Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
Mutate Sorcery, Shuffle your hand and Mutate into your library and draw that many cards
~retreat regroup reproduce

a black soldier

hasbro didn't respond

Cruel Warhand
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
First strike.
"Do not speak to me of duty, for I care not for it. I kill not because I am ordered to, but because life itself compels to be ended by my hand."
3/1

A red (colored!) land.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Smoldering Volcano Land Barrier Red(R)
Chill(comes into play tapped)
added to your mana pool
Sacrifice Smoldering Volcano: do X damage to all creatures and players
~"remember when we had thal still in the basement" Urlock

a blue combat trick

hasbro didn't respond

Demoralizing Dissipation
Instant

Return target creature to its owner's hand.  Other creatures that player controls gets -1/-0 until end of turn.

One moment, sounding the charge.  The next, nowhere to be seen. 

Next:  There are almost no mono-white ramp cards: Land Tax, Gift of Estates, Tithe, Knight of the White Orchird, Kor Cartographer, and (sort of) Gleam of Resistance.  Make another one.

Whoops, didn't read all the rules.

Make a red bounce spell. 

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Desaturating Beam    
Instant
Choose two: target creature becomes colorless until end of turn,
target creature loses all creature types until end of turn, or target
creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn

EDIT: Dammit, beaten by 45 seconds!

Cowards' Retreat  
Instant
Play only during a player's second main phase.
Return target creature controlled by that player that
did not attack this turn to its owner's hand.

Hm, I feel like there must be a more elegant way of expressing that idea... oh well!

A white removal spell that doesn't exile the target.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

Extended Sentence
Enchantment (R)
When ~ enters the battlefield, return target creature to its owner's hand.
Cards with the same name as that creature can't be cast.
"You are hereby banished from this land, along with anyone who looks vaguely similar to you."

A blue card with bloodthirst.
Knowledge-hungry acolyte

Creature -- Human wizard

Bloodthirst 1

When ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card for every one point of damage dealt this turn, then discard five cards.

A black creature with defender 
I feel like I've seen a design very much this before (multiple times?), but...

Wall of Flesh
Creature -- Wall

Whenever a creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
As long as ~ has two or more +1/+1 counters on it, it has reach.

0/2

P/T chosen so that it's 2/4 when it gets reach. :-)

Make a green card that forces your opponent to sacrifice something.

tribute to the wild good friend. And checkmate =p

Natural call

Instant

Target player sacrifices all enchantments he or she controls.

A red card with modular 
Goblin Grease Monkey
Creature - Goblin (U)
Modular 3
"So, are we looking for any quasi-legal weaponry or parts in particular, or are we just browsing?"
-2/-2

A green card that lowers an opponent's creature's toughness.
Nice. Why not Goblin Ape though? I need to start taking advantage of that -X/-X thing.

Barkbrain
Sorcery
Until end of turn, target creature's toughness becomes equal to the number of forests you control.

"And my mind was clouded by the thirst for sunlight. And my leaves ached for fall. And my roots longed to dig into the earth."

Make a Red Transmute Card!

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
lands don't have a casting costing?

Box of Fire Crackers artifact,
sacrifce Box of fire Crackers: do 1 point to target creature or player, and draw a card
Transmute (Discard this card: Search your library for a card with converted mana cost , reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. Transmute only as a sorcery.)

colorless graveyard recovery

hasbro didn't respond

Tunnel Flame Assault
Sorcery
Deal 3 damage to target player and each creature without flying that player controls.
Transmute  

Ghostly Resistance
Sorcery
Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control as long as it shares a colour with the mana used to cast this spell.

Make a blue card that cares about creatures

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

@magicpablo666: Your last card would mainly be used to destroy any creature as long as you're playing with non-basic lands..

The game thread doesn't really work as expected, because 50% of the cards are very random and they aren't in the right colors! It requires clever trickery to justify putting abilities on off-colored cards, you can't just make a card and then add that ability as though it wasn't much of a problem..
The game thread doesn't really work as expected, because 50% of the cards are very random and they aren't in the right colors! You have to use some clever trickery to justify putting abilities on off-colored cards, you can't just make a card and then add that ability as though it wasn't much of a problem..

I don't like to think of justifying it as an offhand case, but moreso "what would magic look like if"

But yes a lot of these are overly random... 

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

As long as people are having fun with the game, it's alright!
Genetic Records enchantment
When Genetic records comes into play, excile your graveyard.
When you cast a creature spell,
you may exchange the creature cast with a creature in your graveyard
with coverted mana cost no more than one greater than the creature spell cast.
~it's more fun to keep ones balance

A haunted white house

hasbro didn't respond

Lincoln Bedroom jokes aside...

Haunted House

Creature Land--Spirit Plains

(color identifier: white)

Flying

~ ETB tapped.

Make a white card that fetches lands. (I know, I'm cheating. But make one.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt