Help me Make a DM FAQ Quiz

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm posting this in 2 places as I feel it is very relevant for both places.  I will cross reference both and try to keep the OP updated in both places if people are willing to help out a little.

I am making a quiz to give to local DMs to help work through some common misrulings and some of the more complicated rules issues.  I've already bookmarked the FAQs for the individual lists and Im working through the Simple Question/Simple Answer threads (As well as the rules you didnt realize) to mine for information.

What I'm asking of the community:

What I want:
1) Give me a situation that is either True or False that is centered around a particular rule.
2) Commonly misunderstood / misruled things from your games.  You have a personal pet-peeve rule that gets misquoted or botched a lot lets make this happen.
3) Give a short reasoning as to why the answers are T or F.

What I don't want:
1) Anything that is overly Rules-fuzzy.  Im not talking if we cut apart Twinstrike we can say it deals 4 attacks, I mean stuff that is going to be openly contested.  Its a hard line to judge, but try to avoid it.

2) Things that are extremely specific.  Stuff that only 1 build ever does if combined with 4 other builds and only on crits that happen on tuesday.

Example Q:

25) If a target is Vulnerable 5 Fire and Vulnerable 10 All and they are hit for 8 fire 
damage they take 18 damage total.

Show

Answer: True.  Vulnerable All does not stack with any other vulnerability type and instead is the only one counted for the purposes of this damage.  See Vulnerabilities in the Glossary.

Once we get a few submissions I'll post more of mine.  I also plan on having a short multiple choice "scenario" section to help with some more complicated stuff.

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Link to the other thread:

Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
A PC uses a power that makes her invisible.  The assaulting monster must make a Perception check vs. the PC's Stealth check to successfully discern where she is (what square she is in).  If successful, the monster may move adjacent to the PC and attack but gets a -5 to attacks against that PC.  If unsuccessful, the monster must guess what square she is in.

Show
Answer: False.  While the -5 penalty for attacks vs. invisible-opponents is correct, the monster only needs to roll Perception vs. Stealth to find a PC if she is hidden.  Being invisible but not hidden means the monster knows what square she is in without requiring a Perception check.  
To become hidden, a PC must have concealment (such as invisibility) then use a move action (or an action that includes movement) and make a stealth check.  If successful, she becomes hidden at the end of her move.  The invisibilty condition alone does not fulfill the requirements to be hidden, and as such everyone on the battlefield knows what square she is in even though she is invisible.
Sources: Use the PH1 Errata for details on "Stealth" and "Targeting What You Can't See", found here.
A PC uses a power that makes her invisible.  The assaulting monster must make a Perception check vs. the PC's Stealth check to successfully discern where she is (what square she is in).  If successful, the monster may move adjacent to the PC and attack but gets a -5 to attacks against that PC.  If unsuccessful, the monster must guess what square she is in.

Show
Answer: False.  While the -5 penalty for attacks vs. invisible-opponents is correct, the monster only needs to roll Perception vs. Stealth to find a PC if she is hidden.  Being invisible but not hidden means the monster knows what square she is in without requiring a Perception check.  
To become hidden, a PC must have concealment (such as invisibility) then use a move action (or an action that includes movement) and make a stealth check.  If successful, she becomes hidden at the end of her move.  The invisibilty condition alone does not fulfill the requirements to be hidden, and as such everyone on the battlefield knows what square she is in even though she is invisible.
Sources: Use the PH1 Errata for details on "Stealth" and "Targeting What You Can't See", found here.

A nice submission but I might try to make it more succinct for the purposes of the quiz.  The goal is to have the statements be very short for the T/F section and decently complicated for the multiple choice scenario section.
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
I would (and have in the past) listed vaguely describe questions and actual choices to these types of things:
Describe your favorite game system (even if it's not the one we're playing)
Describe your favorite movie  (or book or comic or video game)

Which is your favorite type of character (other than the one you're currenlty playing):  Mystery solving, armored heroic, villager-hero, mysterioius, sneaky....etc

Describe what your /best/ game session would be like?

How much plot do you like for your characters?

Rank these in terms of your favorite versions of fantasy?  Conan, Lord of the Rings, Clash of the Titans, ......

If there was no more goal for gold or magical items in this campaign, what goal would your character have?  Level, importance in the world, vengeance against an evil overlord, fame, ......

etc.

Gamer Chiropractor - Hafner Chiropractic 305 S. Kipling st,Suite C-2, Lakewood, Co 80226 hafnerchiropractic.com

I would (and have in the past) listed vaguely describe questions and actual choices to these types of things:
Describe your favorite game system (even if it's not the one we're playing)
Describe your favorite movie  (or book or comic or video game)

Which is your favorite type of character (other than the one you're currenlty playing):  Mystery solving, armored heroic, villager-hero, mysterioius, sneaky....etc

Describe what your /best/ game session would be like?

How much plot do you like for your characters?

Rank these in terms of your favorite versions of fantasy?  Conan, Lord of the Rings, Clash of the Titans, ......

If there was no more goal for gold or magical items in this campaign, what goal would your character have?  Level, importance in the world, vengeance against an evil overlord, fame, ......

etc.

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything this thread is talking about.

Show
That's true.  Your welcome for the absolutely not-related material ;) Sometimes I just start typing

In reality:  Probably you could probably just take a quick look at the topics on the forum and start there with summaries.

jh

Gamer Chiropractor - Hafner Chiropractic 305 S. Kipling st,Suite C-2, Lakewood, Co 80226 hafnerchiropractic.com

That's true.  Your welcome for the absolutely not-related material ;) Sometimes I just start typing

In reality:  Probably you could probably just take a quick look at the topics on the forum and start there with summaries.

jh

I'm working on a list as well.  And people from the other thread seem to be able to read and help out (and one from this thread).  I don't think its unreasonable to ask for help / opinions in this endeavor.
Show
No problem.  4e specifics are no longer my specialty. 

Best of luck

jh

Okay, re-do! =)

A PC uses a power that makes her invisible.  The assaulting monster must make a Perception check vs. the PC's Stealth check to successfully discern where she is (what square she is in).

Show
Answer: False.  The monster only needs to roll Perception vs. Stealth to find a PC if she is hidden.  Being invisible but not hidden means the monster knows what square she is in without requiring a Perception check.  
The invisibilty condition alone does not fulfill the requirements to be hidden, so opponents know what square she is in even though she is invisible.
Sources: Use the PH1 Errata for details on "Stealth" and "Targeting What You Can't See", found here.

Okay, re-do! =)

A PC uses a power that makes her invisible.  The assaulting monster must make a Perception check vs. the PC's Stealth check to successfully discern where she is (what square she is in).

Show
Answer: False.  The monster only needs to roll Perception vs. Stealth to find a PC if she is hidden.  Being invisible but not hidden means the monster knows what square she is in without requiring a Perception check.  
The invisibilty condition alone does not fulfill the requirements to be hidden, so opponents know what square she is in even though she is invisible.
Sources: Use the PH1 Errata for details on "Stealth" and "Targeting What You Can't See", found here.

A+ Malph, added it to the list 
Show
Q : An Elite / Solo monster is Marked by a Defender. This Elite / Solo has a single Standard Action that lets it use multiple attacks, eg. 2 Claw 1 Bite, or simply make 2 Attacks. It uses the first Attack to target the Defender, and another 1-2 attacks to target another Character. The attacks that are not made on the Defender takes the penalty from the Mark, and the Defender can "punish" the Attack if he has sufficient actions.

A : True. These are separate attacks, and especially so as the mechanics behind Elites and Solos are meant to allow them to perform separate attacks with a single Standard Action. If the attacks do not share a common Damage roll, then it is a separate Attack and the Marked penalty would apply, as would the punishment of the Defender.

=============

Q : A Character with Twin Strike is marked by an Enemy / Monster. The Character does a Twin Strike, first attack on the Enemy / Monster that marked it, the other on another Enemy / Monster. The attacks that are not made on the Marking Enemy / Monster takes the penalty from the Mark, and the Enemy / Monster can "punish" the Attack if he has the Action and Power to do so.

A : True. Going by the above same reasoning.

=============

This was something that I had a lot of problems with early in my DMing stint, and I'm glad that eventually things were sorted it out.

=============

Q : A Dominated Creature can attack itself with a Melee Basic Attack.

A : True. The Creature fulfills all the criteria for making a Melee Basic Attack on itself.

=============

Q : A Dominated Creature can attack itself with a Ranged Basic Attack. It provokes OA when doing so.

A : True. Provided the Creature has a Ranged Basic Attack, the Creature fulfills all the criteria for making a Ranged Attack on itself, and in doing so provokes an OA. Note that Dominated Creatures that have Ranged Attacks but no Ranged Basic Attacks cannot attack themselves in this fashion.

=============

Q : An Illusory Wall (or other power) blocks Line of Sight but not Line of Effect. The Eladrin Character can teleport into a square behind the Illusory Wall.

A : False. Teleportation specifically requires Line of Sight.

=============

Q : A Creature is Stunned. A successful Melee Attack against it is Coup De Grace, ie an automatic Critical Hit.

A:  False. It is Stunned but not Helpless.

=============

Q : A Character is unconscious. All attacks against it are treated as Coup De Grace, ie an automatic Critical Hit.

A : False. Based on RC, the Coup De Grace can only come about when the Helpless Target is struck by an Adjacent Enemy.

Note : Burst Powers may cause new DMs to declare that the Burst does full damage on the helpless Target. This can lead to easy Kills at Heroic Tier.

=============

Q : A Character is unconscious. An adjacent Enemy does not need to use a Melee Attack, but can use a Burst Attack to Coup De Grace it.

A : True. Based on RC, the requirement for Coup De Grace is to use an Attack Power while adjacent to the Helpless Target.

=============

Q : A Character is unconscious. It grants Combat Advantage and takes -5 to All Defenses.

A : True. Based on RC, unconsciousness causes the target to take -5 Penalty to All Defenses, and it is Helpless. Helpless causes it to grant Combat Advantage, which is a separate +2 bonus to Attack, and not a penalty to Defense.

=============

Q : An Elite / Solo does more than 1 Melee attack in a single Standard Action, and attacks an adjacent Melee Character with all these Attacks. After the first attack hits, the Character falls unconscious. The next Melee Attack that hits the adjacent Character is a Coup De Grace.

A : False. In RC, the Coup De Grace is a specific Standard Action.

============

Q : An Elite / Solo has an Attack Power that grants it multiple Attacks in a single Standard Action. An adjacent Melee Character is unconscious, and it targets 1 Attack on the unconscious Character declaring it to be a Coup de Grace, and the remaining attacks on other Characters. If the attack hits the unconscious Character, it is a Coup de Grace.

A : True. In RC, the Coup De Grace is a specific Standard Action that lets the User target the helpless adjacent Enemy with an Attack Power. This fulfills the requirement of Coup De Grace, whether or not it is the first attack, whether or not the Attacker moves before the attack, so long the attacker is adjacent to the Target at time it executes the Coup De Grace.
So the only real requirement would be that the Character has to be unconscious at the start of the Elite / Solo's Standard Action, and during the Attack the Elite / Solo has to move adjacent to the target in order to Coup de Grace.

Note : The Elite / Solo Coup De Grace question will typically come up when playing Lair Assault, where most final bosses have multiple attacks in a single Standard Action. Most Players will not even think to question it, so it is up to the DM to be honest with the Players. I've made mistakes in this many times.

I am Blue/White

Q : A Character uses Twin Strike. The Character must declare Targets for both Attacks before attacking. If both Attacks are on the same Target, and the first Attack hits, the Character can target another Creature with the second Attack.

A : False. Under RC 214, Targets have to be chosen for a Power before making any Attack rolls.

=============

Q : An Elite / Solo has multiple Attacks in a single Standard Action. It targets all its Attacks at a Character, but after the first attack hits, the Character falls unconscious. The Elite / Solo must still carry out the remaining Attacks against the same Target.

A : False. Most such Powers, although a single Standard Action, do not have Targets of their own but instead state the usage of separate other Powers (Claw, Bite) within a single Standard Action. Since the other Attacks are attributed to separate Powers, the Elite / Solo has the option to choose another Target with the remaining other Powers.

Note : Prevents a critical hit from the first attack obliging the DM to carry on to kill an unconscious Character. It also gives the DM the option to redirect other hits against an Unconscious Character, though they are not coup de graces they are almost certain to connect.

=============

Q : A Character uses Throw and Stab, allowing him to make a Ranged Attack, then move up to his Speed and make a Melee Basic Attack. He declares what he wants to do with both Attaacks, but after making the first attack, he decides to change his movement to and attack another Creature. This is allowed.

A : True. It is a separate action and a separate Power from the initial Throw and Stab. Throw and Stab only has one Target on its own. This applies to other Attack Powers of a similar nature.

=============

Q : A Character is hit by an attack that Dazes him. He can use an Immediate Reaction in response to the attack.

A : False. The inflicting of the Dazed condition prevents the taking of Immediate Actions. However, Immediate Interrupts can be taken against the Attack.

=============

Q : A Thief Character uses a Trick that lets him move his speed. Instead of moving, he can shift.

A : False. He has to move and cannot shift, because the power states that he moves his speed. If the power stated to take a Move Action, he can shift instead of moving his speed.

=============

Q : A Character is standing on a small ledge, his back against the wall and facing the15' wide (3 square) pit he has to jump over. He starts his move at the edge of the pit, moves sideways 1 square and then 1 square back to his original square before trying to jump straight.  This is not considered a running jump as he did not move in the direction of the jump / did not move 2 squares away from his starting position.

A : False. Though it is intuitive and logical to treat this as true, in RC page 136, so long the Character moves 2 at least squares before he makes his jump, regardless of direction, he is considered to have a running start.

Q : The above-mentioned Character makes a total check of 18, which after doubling to 36 with a running start lets him jump 3 squares. He moves 3 squares from his starting position, and since his Miniature is still occupying a square that is within the pit, he falls into the pit.

A : False. From RC Page 140, he clears 3 squares, meaning he moves 4 squares in all and lands safely on the other side.

Q : The above-mentioned Character is wearing Heavy Armor, and has a total Speed of 5. He has 1 Move Action left and moves 2 squares to get a running start and manages to clear 3 squares with his check of 18 that doubles to 36. He should be able to move 4 Squares from his jump, but he has only 3 squares of movement left. Hence he cannot reach the other side and should fall. However, he now declares that he is running so he grants Combat Advantage and can reach the other side with the extra +2 Squares of movement.

A : False. A Run has to be declared from the Start of the Move Action, since the Runner grants Combat Advantage the moment he starts running, and definitely has to be declared before the Athletics Check was made. In the above case, his Speed would restrict the distance of his jump and he would fall into the pit. Even if he had the Actions sufficient to make a Double Move, logically he should have to declare them before making the Jump.
An experienced DM who noticed the problem beforehand, could ask the Player his Speed in advance, before he takes his move action, giving a hint.

Note : Unless we are heavily focused on combat encounters, this issue on confusion about Squares cleared and Squares Jumped is likely to come up at least once during a Campaign.

=============

The following is a little esoteric. I had real application of this, though, so I thought I might share though it might be too specific to qualify for the Q&A.

Q : A Creature can change to Smoke Form as a Standard Action, during which it cannot be Attacked and cannot make Attacks. It can revert back to normal form as a Free Action. The Creature turns into Smoke Form and moves into a Stairway. As a Character enters the Square of the Creature as part of a Move, the Creature can instantly turn back into its normal form and perform an Opportunity Attack. Doing so also prevents the Character from entering its Square.

A : True. A Free Action can be taken during the Turns of other Creatures. This Free Action to turn back into normal lets it perform an Opportunity Attack at an Appropriate Time.

Q : As per above, except that the Character shifted into the Square. The Creature can still turn back to normal as a Free Action and make an Opportunity Attack.

A : False. Shifting does not provoke Opportunity Attacks. At most the creature might turn back to normal, interrupting the Shift but the Creature is not allowed to make an Opportunity Attack.

Q : As per the first case where the Character moved into the square the Creature was occupying without shifting. The Creature that is in Smoke Form and then changes back to Normal has Combat Advantage for the Opportunity Attack.

A : False. Unless the Creature explicitly moved and then stealthed sufficiently to be Hidden against the Character, it does not have Combat Advantage.*

*To be fair, I'm not sure about this answer. Since changing back to normal was a separate action from the Attack, arguably the creature would first be visible and not hidden, and then make its Opportunity Attack as a separate action. Hence it does not have Combat Advantage against the Character.

Q : As per above. After the Character is attacked and assuming he has sufficient movement left, the Character can carry on his movement into another square that is unoccupied.

A : True. When making a Move Action, every square is made progressively, and a Character or Creature can react to new things they have seen and change the movement accordingly.

Q : Instead of moving, the Character is charging a Target at the top of the Stairway. The Creature changes from Smoke Form as a Free Action, occupying one of the squares that the Character is entering during his charge towards the Target. The Character's charge is interrupted, but the Character can re-direct the Charge at the Smoke Form Creature since his charge action included entering the square.

A : False. As per RC 240, the Charge action requires the Target to be specified before the Charge begins. In this case, since the Smoke Form Creature was not originally the target, it cannot be targeted by the Charge. Hence the Charge is interrupted, but the Target cannot be changed, and the Charger cannot take any Further actions this Turn.

I am Blue/White

First off thanks a ton for contributing to the quiz.  I was planning on making a go at putting the full quiz up here tonight and its nice to have stuff to add-on to.

Section on CDG

CDG has another aspect to it as well since that the attack must be a standard action.  Granted attacks that are free actions but take a standard action to use (Such as Direct the Strike), Free actions granted by powers (Bravura presence AP feature), No Actions (The MBA granted from a Reaping weapon) and non-standard action attacks (Low Slash) do not automatically crit as they don't meet the criteria of the CDG.  All of those but lowslash are often misruled because they take place as part of a standard CDG, but not they do not actually meet the qualifiers themselves.

I have an example question going through CDG that I might expand slightly to take all this extra stuff into account.
Show
Ah OK I was focusing more on CDG as part of a Monster's action, as typically they are used on Players by Monsters. That said, Solos have Minor Action attacks so its probably worth noting as well.

I am Blue/White

Ah OK I was focusing more on CDG as part of a Monster's action, as typically they are used on Players by Monsters. That said, Solos have Minor Action attacks so its probably worth noting as well.

True, but also there should be several instances where PCs can make monsters helpless.  Sleep for example can be rough on new DMs since its level 1 and opens up the whole can of problems for helpless.
Show
Ooh yes, forgot about that can of worms

I am Blue/White

Q : An Elite / Solo monster is Marked by a Defender. This Elite / Solo has a single Standard Action that lets it use multiple attacks, eg. 2 Claw 1 Bite, or simply make 2 Attacks. It uses the first Attack to target the Defender, and another 1-2 attacks to target another Character. The attacks that are not made on the Defender takes the penalty from the Mark, and the Defender can "punish" the Attack if he has sufficient actions.

A : True. These are separate attacks, and especially so as the mechanics behind Elites and Solos are meant to allow them to perform separate attacks with a single Standard Action. If the attacks do not share a common Damage roll, then it is a separate Attack and the Marked penalty would apply, as would the punishment of the Defender.

Debatable. "Attack" can meaning "attack roll and subsequent effects" or just shorthand for any "attack power". I have seen it both ways. And it makes a huge difference for how useful defenders are in the higher levels of the game.

=============

Q : A Character with Twin Strike is marked by an Enemy / Monster. The Character does a Twin Strike, first attack on the Enemy / Monster that marked it, the other on another Enemy / Monster. The attacks that are not made on the Marking Enemy / Monster takes the penalty from the Mark, and the Enemy / Monster can "punish" the Attack if he has the Action and Power to do so.

A : True. Going by the above same reasoning.

See above.

Q : A Character is unconscious. All attacks against it are treated as Coup De Grace, ie an automatic Critical Hit.

A : False. Based on RC, the Coup De Grace can only come about when the Helpless Target is struck by an Adjacent Enemy.

Note : Burst Powers may cause new DMs to declare that the Burst does full damage on the helpless Target. This can lead to easy Kills at Heroic Tier.

A Coup de Grace also requires a standard action.

===========

Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Q : A Dominated Creature can attack itself with a Ranged Basic Attack. It provokes OA when doing so.

A : True. Provided the Creature has a Ranged Basic Attack, the Creature fulfills all the criteria for making a Ranged Attack on itself, and in doing so provokes an OA. Note that Dominated Creatures that have Ranged Attacks but no Ranged Basic Attacks cannot attack themselves in this fashion.

=============

Q : A Character is unconscious. An adjacent Enemy does not need to use a Melee Attack, but can use a Burst Attack to Coup De Grace it.

A : True. Based on RC, the requirement for Coup De Grace is to use an Attack Power while adjacent to the Helpless Target.

The first one is not correct.  A Dominated creature can use any at-will power, not just basic attacks.  So a Dominated enmy with any ranged at-will power, can use that, and thus provoke.  Also that Ranged Basic Attack is a power that all creatures have, whether or not it's in their statblock.

The second is not strictly true - to Coup De grace, you have to spend a standard action whilst adjacent to the target, and you crit on a hit.  This distinction is important, because you can't (usually) for instance, Coup de Grace on a charge, but you would be using an attack power on an adjacent target in that instance.

In short, if you're going to contribute to a thread like this, please do make sure the Qs&As you give are accurate.

E: also worth noting that the whole section on Smoke Form is predicated on the idea that a free action can interrupt another action, which is by no means clear by RAW.

E: also, that Thieves using Tricks don't actually have to leave their square when they do so.  You can use a Trick to move 0, and it will still work.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Regarding the first question, I stand corrected Thank you for the note on At Wills.

Regarding the Second, I should have added more conditions in. That is correct and it is stated in later questions that I am well aware that a Standard Action has to be spent to CDG. I do believe the OP added to this, but you are quite correct to say that I should be more careful in Q&A Contributions.

E: About the Free Action used as part of an interrupt, yep, it is not clear as RAW.

I am Blue/White

A dragon with fly speed 10 (hover) is knocked prone while flying at 120-ft altitude; because the dragon has hover it is unaffected by the prone condition while aerial.

Show
False. This would be true if the condition were "stunned" instead of "prone", but in this case the dragon would fall to the ground and take (120 - 50 = 70) 7d10 falling damage. Source: RC and DMG.
A few things for everyone.

First if you know how to make a direct link to a power please tell me.  It would be helpful when making the quiz to include links to the powers discussed.

Second, thanks for all the submissions.  I am actually going to disagree with spaceinvader here and say that if it is a complicated enough question for people to commonly get wrong I would actually like to have it.  The main thing is tha I will endeavor to make sure that when it gets put into the quiz that the quiz has the right answer associated with it.

Third, most likely late tonight (assuming I figure out how to link powers) I will be posting an updated list of the quiz so people can fact check / work on wording. 
Show
Oh, I'm sure those sorts of questions need to be in there.  But they also need to have correct answers, so posting them as if they're all fine isn't really helpful.

Content: Q: By default, an attack which causes a PC to lose a healing surge, will cause him to lose his surge value in HP if he has no healing surges remaining.  True or false?

A: False - there is no default for what happens if an attack causes someone to lose a surge they don't have.  This is specified in powers and effects which cause surge loss, and is not remotely consistent.  If unspecified, technically, losing a surge you don't have to an attack has no effect.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
That might be true invader, but I doubt anyone posts a Q and A where they aren't pretty sure what the answer is.  They may be wrong, but their belief in the answer should be enough to warrant it's inclusion.
Show
Uh... no, it shouldn't be. If they're certain in their answer but the rules are ambiguous or against them, that should be reflected in the question's inclusion, or at least its answer.

Bolded for emphasis.  I am not suggesting that the wrong answer should be added to the final product.  But people shouldn't be shy to submit things because they have wrong answers.  The burden just falls on me to have the correct answers to each question in the end.
Show
if you know how to make a direct link to a power please tell me.  It would be helpful when making the quiz to include links to the powers discussed.

I don't  think you need a DDi account to do these steps, but you'll need one to view the link though:

1. Open the DDi Compendium,

2. Type a power in the search field

3. Right click on the entry and select open in another window.

4. Copy URL of the new window where the power is.

5. Paste link.  Exemple Twin Strike
Gotcha will do.  I'll type up the quiz tonight after my nap.
Show
That might be true invader, but I doubt anyone posts a Q and A where they aren't pretty sure what the answer is.  They may be wrong, but their belief in the answer should be enough to warrant it's inclusion.

Errr... wut?  What's the purpose of this quiz, if you're going to include answers only on the poster's belief that they're correct?

q: Twin Strike only has one attack and damage roll, T or f?

a: t.  I believe this is correct, you must include it.

If you're not going to strive for accuracy in the answers, what's the point?

Errr... wut?  What's the purpose of this quiz, if you're going to include answers only on the poster's belief that they're correct?

q: Twin Strike only has one attack and damage roll, T or f?

a: t.  I believe this is correct, you must include it.

If you're not going to strive for accuracy in the answers, what's the point?

If you finished reading the thread, as in looked down slightly, you will notice what I meant by that.

The quiz is designed to include things people frequently get wrong.  So if you put up a question with the wrong answer, it says to me that I MIGHT WANT TO INCLUDE THE QUESTION.  As in, with the right answer because obviously some people are getting it wrong.

Sorry if my original response made you think otherwise, but I did already say this to erachima a couple of posts ago. 
Show
As a side note - if you're going to link the Power, the person has to log in to DDI in orer to see it.
That's fine if everyone taking the quiz has DDI.

Otherwise it might better to just paste down the relevant parts of the Power, and leave the rest out.

I am Blue/White

Sign In to post comments