snakeform vs auras

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I cast snakeform to a creature that has attached steel of the godhead.
Does it retain the lifelink ability?
it will lose the lifelink

not just because Snakeform removes abilities but also because it changes color
so the p/t bonus will also be removed
proud member of the 2011 community team
No, it loses the lifelink granted by Steel of the Godhead as soon as it is no longer white, and Snakeform removes it anyway, having the later timestamp. It also loses the +1/+1 granted by the aura, cause it's no longer white. In essence, the creature is an unblockable 2/2 Snake (cause it is still blue).

My second community draft, with the format being Zendikar/Worldwake/Rise of the Eldrazi, is now entering Worldwake. If you like to draft, maybe check it out. We'd like to hear your thoughts on the picks.

CD2: General

My community draft experiment with DTK/DTK/FRF is concluded now. If you want to, you can check it out and maybe build some decks from the pools. I've already build my own take on that.

http://community.wizards.com/forum/limited-sealed-and-draft/threads/4206961

Once again aced the Rules Advisor test (Feb 2015). (I still make mistakes now and then, but who doesn't.)

"Simple questions" usually need rather complex answers, while complex questions often come down to no more than a simple "yes" or "no".

In essence, the creature is an unblockable 2/2 Snake (cause it is still blue).

it's just green
Snakeform is blue/green, but the creature is just green

it will be a 1/1 with no abilities
Right, my bad.

Edit: but it is still unblockable, since that isn't an ability.

My second community draft, with the format being Zendikar/Worldwake/Rise of the Eldrazi, is now entering Worldwake. If you like to draft, maybe check it out. We'd like to hear your thoughts on the picks.

My community draft experiment with DTK/DTK/FRF is concluded now. If you want to, you can check it out and maybe build some decks from the pools. I've already build my own take on that.

Once again aced the Rules Advisor test (Feb 2015). (I still make mistakes now and then, but who doesn't.)

"Simple questions" usually need rather complex answers, while complex questions often come down to no more than a simple "yes" or "no".

Edit, but it is still unblockable, since that isn't an ability.

but dependent on the creature being blue

so that non-ability gets removed as well ;)
Maybe i should stop answering questions now, seems I'm too tired.

nitpick
so that non-ability gets removed as well ;)

To be exact, that non-ability «ceases to be granted» instead of «gets removed».

Removed feels like Snakeform actually removes it, like it (tries to) remove Lifelink.
But Snakeform's color-change makes Godhead cease to grant it!

Tax evasion is nothing but legitimate self-defense against the theft that is tax collection.

Sign In to post comments