Bruna vs snakeform

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I attack with a creature and my opponent blocks with Bruna, light of alabaster. I play snakeform.
Will he be able to attach auras from his hand?
Yes. Bruna triggered when she was declared as blocker and the trigger is already on the stack when you get priority to cast Snakeform. That she loses the ability is irrelevant, the trigger is independent of its source. It would resolve, even if you removed her from the battlefield (in which case it would simply do nothing).
if you want to prevent that you have to Snakeform her before attackers are declared ("begin of combat" step at the latest)
proud member of the 2011 community team
Before she blocks. so in the declare attackers step at the latest.
right, read the question wrong

we should both get some coffee or sleep ;)
proud member of the 2011 community team
lol - glad to know that it happens to us all

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Even though her trigger went on the stack, when it goes to resolve Bruna is no longer on the battlefield... there is a 1/1 snake in its place. Wouldn't the ability then be countered by game rules, or something like that?

Or does she retain the name 'Bruna, Light of Alabaster' even though she becomes said 1/1 snake, which would allow the ability to take effect? 
Bruna is still the same permanent, she just look quite different. The trigger doesn't care, it knows that this permanant is the one to put the auras on.
and to your other question, the permanent's name won't change from Snakeform's effect

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Or does she retain the name 'Bruna, Light of Alabaster' even though she becomes said 1/1 snake, which would allow the ability to take effect?

Yes, she retains the name Bruna, Light of Alabaster. Snakeform changes her colors, creature type, power/toughness, and abilities, but not the name, converted mana cost, and so on.

And even if she had gained another name (with say Mirrorweave), she'd still be the same permanent, the same game object, just now with different characteristics. She'd still be afected by the ability.

[<o>]
I'm so glad I found this forum, I will be a better deck-builder for reading it. Lots of helpful people on here.