So many dumb people on this game...

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
192896201 wrote:
People send the stupidest messages when you lose to them because you're mana flooded or they're playing decks that require no combination and are clearly the OP decks of 1v1 lol; or a combination of all of the above...

Honestly, if I gave a sh&t about winning as much as any of this sort...I would've just run my own aggro deck instead of using cards and strategies that aren't really "conventional" to how the deck "should originally" be played...

so sad. This game is turning into 2012 all-over, all to soon. might as well DLC Beknighted back into this batch haha.

Block the worthless idiots and move on.
Yeah there are a ton of idiots out there. I send them a message telling them to grow up and then block them. Can't be bothered by some of these tools.
I have played thousands of hours of DOTP on steam and have yet to recieve some stupid message from someone who won/lost. Now granted I have gotten some during the game but atleast with those I can quickly respond. I'm sorry bro but you're just going to have to stop playing xbox online.
You know, I frequently think I'm missing something playing on the iPad, where there is no multiplayer conversation at all. Then again, I read these posts and guess I'm not missing much, either.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Seems like Steam has a much more mature player base. I do envy that. Psn has quite a few tools.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Seems like Steam has a much more mature player base. I do envy that. Psn has quite a few tools.

I haven't played online as much as some, so I've only come across one that really stands out.
I didn't tell him I blocked him though, just sent him a polite counter-derisive message and imagined him yelling stupidly at a wall of nothing.
im mlg kid. get on my lvl.
That made my brain hurt

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

I have played thousands of hours of DOTP on steam and have yet to recieve some stupid message from someone who won/lost. Now granted I have gotten some during the game but atleast with those I can quickly respond. I'm sorry bro but you're just going to have to stop playing xbox online.

I play on both Steam and Xbox.  It really isn't even comparable, I get a number of idiotic messages on xbox and very, very rarely get the same on steam (I can remember it happening once or twice I think).  Still, it doesn't happen often enough on xbox for it to negatively affect my experience, I just block the idiots and move on.

I do occasionally get some hate for one deck or another, and it really is diverse, but I think it's just cause that person happens to lose to it a lot.  Doesn't matter if it's Talrand, Jace, PI, GM, G/W.  Someone somewhere hates whatever deck it is you happen to pick, and eventually you'll get some chump "Way to win with a OP deck hurp de durp."  This happens on steam but it is rare.  I had one guy tell me he doesn't play against people who use the Ravinica decks.  Any of them.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

That my dear sir, is one of the most absurd things I've ever heared anyone say.
Wonder how many games he gets in?

Show

I get absurd messages on psn all the time.  I just assume the person's either drunk, or a teenager.  
I'm sure alot of them are grown-ass men who don't know how to act, but I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Someone sent me hate mail once, and I responded "How drunk are you?"  and they replied "Extremely"

Could you imagine how bad the hate mail would be if half the Call of Duty players also played mtg?  Those guys are un-real.   

I am referring to two headed giant. It’s my favorite mode and 1V1 get boring after a while. The type of player that I hate says, why didn't you attack, why didn't you kill it. I have had people rage quit because they don't understand the meaning of the cards or how to play, once I clearly explained it them. A lot of people can't see the big picture. Sometimes people want to cast their most powerful creature when really they should have cast another spell that would have won us the game. I lost many times do to people not listening to me and then getting mad at me afterword’s. Its part of the price we pay with multiplayer games.

Only people I blow up on are the CW guys with the mirror and time warp combo sitting there drawing the game out and out while they continue to replicate a bunch of creatures using a followed footsteps on the one guy who pulls spells from your graveyard and just keep replicating to be dicks...first I send a polite message, then I send a rude one...and finally will concede if neither message gets through...but leaving the game is my last resort
It is absolutely understood if you quit when a player goes infinite.  Escecially if it's gonna take them several minuits to finish you.  Playing against CW, you have to very patiently wait while they take lots of really long turns, sometimes three turns in a row.  it's borderline inconsiderate to even play CW in 1v1 because of the absurd turn times you take. 

My favorite hate mail I get is when I beat someone really bad, and they send something like this:  "Way to play the cheap OP deck!"    Have these people never played paper magic?  Dotp is the least cheap magic can possibly be, and the decks are mastercrafted to be on as even footing as anyone could manage.  They have obviously never played against a bloodbraid elf, or delver deck.. now those are cheap.Surprised 
I was playing vs this "very smart" guy playing OD, and i was playing exalted. HAHA this guy turn 8 was really thinking his [C]Reiver Demon[/C] could destroy my [C]Divinity of Pride[/C] and [C]Deathbringer Liege[/C]..After the game he is telling me how the game was bugged and that Reiver should have nuked my side. I didnt even bother to answer. So please "incognito" (not gonna say your name to save you from more emberassment) READ THE CARDS!

AND FFS, THE MEDAILLON WITH 3 SWAMPS AND [C]Mutilate[/C] DOES NOT KILL A 3/4!!!!!! THIS IS FACEPALM MATERIAL
I was playing vs this "very smart" guy playing OD, and i was playing exalted. HAHA this guy turn 8 was really thinking his [C]Reiver Demon[/C] could destroy my [C]Divinity of Pride[/C] and [C]Deathbringer Liege[/C]..After the game he is telling me how the game was bugged and that Reiver should have nuked my side. I didnt even bother to answer. So please "incognito" (not gonna say your name to save you from more emberassment) READ THE CARDS!

AND FFS, THE MEDAILLON WITH 3 SWAMPS AND [C]Mutilate[/C] DOES NOT KILL A 3/4!!!!!! THIS IS FACEPALM MATERIAL

lol, forum member?
I hope not.

What's worse is if you are playing the black deck and that other not so smart player is on your team. Then they start telling you to play the Reiver and you have to tell them it won't destory the black creatures, blah blah. People just need to read the cards. LOL It seems like we are all asking too much to expect that from people.
I had a random 2hg partner say that he had a bad partner and quit the game because I kept telling him to attack the other team with his Golgari creatures and he wouldn't because the player across from ME had No Mercy out on the field. The other team told him his creatures would die while I kept telling him his creatures wouldn't die, only mine if I attacked (I had Jace BTW so no chance of that) but he just calls me a "bad partner" and quits. SMH
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).