What Kind of Dungeon would you expect?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Head of Stone
Thoughts, Comments, Ideas?
The Citadel Megadungeon: http://yellowdingosappendix.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/the-citadel-mega-dungeon-now-with-room.html

It reminds me of an old 3rd-party adventure called Swordthrust from a company called Role Aids - the party's hired by a wizard to transport a minor artifact through the mountains, a mountain range said to be the body of an ice titan that fell into a magical sleep eons ago. While travelling through the mountains they explore an ice cavern complex, filled with several factions of creatures living on the various levels...
 As it turns out, the ice cavern complex they encounter really is the inside of the titan's head, and some of the beings they encounter there are actually old memories of the titan's, some of which are more real than others...
 It's a pretty good adventure, and seems like it would be fairly easy to update to a more modern version of the rules.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

While I think Mad Jack's post is a very cool one, when I first looked at the pic I got an Easter Island/tribe feel to it.   Some semi-isolated tribe with odd ceremonies.
While I think Mad Jack's post is a very cool one, when I first looked at the pic I got an Easter Island/tribe feel to it.   Some semi-isolated tribe with odd ceremonies.

You need an idol to worship?
How about Zoidburg?

sorry it's just the shape of the head

The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
You explore a symbolic representation of the human psyche, with various sorts of monsters and traps being analogous to the darkness of the human soul- manifesting in symbolic ways.

I see most of it actually being one room, that serves as a portal into the pocket dream-dimension in which  this takes place.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/8.jpg)

I would be expecting something similar to Dungeon Man, but with more Mad Ducks and Ramblin' Evil Mushrooms.
Thinking about creating a race for 4e? Make things a lil' easier on yourself by reading my Race Mechanic Creation Guide first.