What Does a Paladin Do?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
A paladin does what is necessary to promote the well being of society and those in society in the long run.
One dagger is a plot point. A thousand daggers is inventory. Thank you for disrailing this thread.
...by stabbing transgressors of their god in the face for great justice.
Thinking about creating a race for 4e? Make things a lil' easier on yourself by reading my Race Mechanic Creation Guide first.
He always confronts the other player in the party that always wants to play the psychotic evil rogue that steals from the party and slaughters anyone he can and says he is playing his char. (When you have the one you always seem to have the other.)
Depends on his alignment. Like I'll give another player's Paladin a wierd look if he's defending truth and justice and good while being a Chaotic Evil Paladin. Then I'll promptly leave the game if it's pointed out Paladins are required to, alignment be damned.
Dude, wouldn't it be easier to start a blog or something?
A paladin promotes the ideals of vengeance, no matter how trivial the slight, greed and power. He will slay or torture any innocent who gets in his way.

A paladin of Tiamat, that is.

All the gods have their own paladins, and they promote the interests of their god...which is as it should be.
He wakes up, says his morning prayers, brushes and flosses his teeth, washes his face, privates, and pits, puts on some modest clothes, has a cup of coffee, a hearty breakfast (most important meal of the day), reads the local paper, straps on his armor, summons his warhorse, heads out his commute to work, ignores the vulgar gestures of the people annoyed at him for driving his horse at no faster than the speed limit, heads into the temple precisely on time, offers his daily ablutions, has a few pre-lunch meetings, goes out to the local Applebee's with some clerics in the office, ignores their jokes about the cute acolyte who keeps making inappropriate references to his "preternatural Charisma", brushes and flosses his teeth, goes to an afternoon meeting with evil heathens he detected in the midst of his morning commute, cleans his sword, returns to the temple offices, offers some afternoon hosannahs, has a meeting with the high priest about some complaints about his conduct in his meeting with the heathens, tithes the appropriate amount of treasure acquired during that meeting, chooses some lucky leper to cure, says farewell to his friends in the office, summons his warhorse, ignores the vulgar gestures of the people annoyed with him for driving his warhorse no faster than the speed limit (while noting their personal information for future meetings), returns home, removes his armor, makes some dinner, cleans his dishes and kitchen, changes into his sleepwear, brushes and flosses his teeth, says his nightly prayers, and goes to sleep, where he dreams of an afterlife in Celestia.
He wakes up, says his morning prayers, brushes and flosses his teeth, washes his face, privates, and pits, puts on some modest clothes, has a cup of coffee, a hearty breakfast (most important meal of the day), reads the local paper, straps on his armor, summons his warhorse, heads out his commute to work, ignores the vulgar gestures of the people annoyed at him for driving his horse at no faster than the speed limit, heads into the temple precisely on time, offers his daily ablutions, has a few pre-lunch meetings, goes out to the local Applebee's with some clerics in the office, ignores their jokes about the cute acolyte who keeps making inappropriate references to his "preternatural Charisma", brushes and flosses his teeth, goes to an afternoon meeting with evil heathens he detected in the midst of his morning commute, cleans his sword, returns to the temple offices, offers some afternoon hosannahs, has a meeting with the high priest about some complaints about his conduct in his meeting with the heathens, tithes the appropriate amount of treasure acquired during that meeting, chooses some lucky leper to cure, says farewell to his friends in the office, summons his warhorse, ignores the vulgar gestures of the people annoyed with him for driving his warhorse no faster than the speed limit (while noting their personal information for future meetings), returns home, removes his armor, makes some dinner, cleans his dishes and kitchen, changes into his sleepwear, brushes and flosses his teeth, says his nightly prayers, and goes to sleep, where he dreams of an afterlife in Celestia.

Because we all know a Paladin cannot save anyone if his teeth don't count as a radiant close blast attack.

This, a thousand times over. Please, stop cluttering our forums with these kinds of posts. You're walking a very thin line towards becoming a Bajatmerc. Really, you don't want to go there.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
A paladin does whateverthefrell the paladin's player thinks it best for him to do.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Because we all know a Paladin cannot save anyone if his teeth don't count as a radiant close blast attack.

Hey, dental health is important, even for those classes supernaturally immune to gingivitis and halitosis.

This, a thousand times over. Please, stop cluttering our forums with these kinds of posts. You're walking a very thin line towards becoming a Bajatmerc. Really, you don't want to go there.

Oh, I don't really mind the posts. Some get an actual discussion going, so that's good. If it starts to bother me, there's always the Block function. 

Just wanted to suggest it. He obviously has a lot of ideas, and a blog is a more traditional stage for those.

there's always the Block function.

Noted, and done. So tired of posters like this.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
A Paladin 'lays tha Smack down' on those who would call themselves "Paladins" even though they pay homage to foul denizens of entropy and destruction.

Some paladins say "fie" a lot, certes anon. Some speak faux latin. Many are indeed outwardly clean in appearance, but most know outward appearances are less important than the courage of their conviction and the righteousness of their cause... which is smiting stuff.

They have dudley do-rite chins which they wash to a shine.

A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.

This reminds me of the time the party's rogue stealthily sewed a button to the seat of the paladin's underwear while he was sleeping, and the wizard cast a light spell on it. The rogue then weakened the seams in the paladin's pants so they'd rip easily.
 In the morning, the paladin wakes up and puts his pants on, not noticing the light spell since he's sitting on it.
Half the day goes by with the characters wandering around the town. During the midday meal at the tavern, the paladin is standing at the bar and the rogue rolls a coin across the floor. When it hits the bar, the paladin bends over to pick it up, the seat of his pants splits open and the light spell is revealed...
 As the rogue yells out, "Ye Gods, it's true! The sun really does shine out of his ***!"  Cool

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Oh god i'm not the only one who thought these posts were getting stupid. I mean no offence to the guy but all it has been is his interpretation of a random rule, there are no questions or no discussion elements, it's just a statement and that is it.
It's like me making a post saying "A ranseur is 6ft long and made of wood". It adds nothing.
But with out the OP's thread we would not have read wrecan's white collar 9-5 paladin timeline.

Reminded me of a concept for a parody our group came up with.
Combining the comic strip Dilbert with St. Cuthbert the lawful  (bueracratic)  god from classic D&D.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
A paladin does whateverthefrell the paladin's player thinks it best for him to do.

Bingo!
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

This.
Sign In to post comments