Demonweb Halfling Archer mini - Male or Female?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi everybody,

A player is looking to get this mini, but we don't know if it's male or female.  Can anybody help?

Thanks!
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com
If you can't tell, the answer is 'whatever you want it to be'.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Thanks Salla.  The player actually said "It doesn't matter.  I can pretend!" right after I posted this.  She's gearing up for her first ever D&D game, and I think she'll do just fine.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

Without looking at the actual mini, based on the image in the mini gallery I'd say it's female by the shape of the chest area, although the length of the hair would be a strong indicator of the sex.
In any event, it could certainly represent either a male or a female.
 If she's looking for a female halfling miniature and doesn't mind painting her own, Reaper Miniatures has a couple of female halflings and at least one of them has a bow.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

As rule of thumb you will rarely find a figure that matches your vision of a char, unless you use a very very basic char type. So just have to go with what you got.
As rule of thumb you will rarely find a figure that matches your vision of a char, unless you use a very very basic char type. So just have to go with what you got.

I didn't want a perfect miniature.  I just showed her some halfling minis and asked her what she likes and just trying to get some more info for her.  We're all about imagination.
I am Red/Green

If she does eventually want a closer representation of her character, weapon swaps are generally pretty easy to do, assuming at least one of the mini's arms/hands is in a logical position to be holding the weapon the right way. Or, alternately, if there's room to glue on a stowed version of the weapon somewhere approriate. A number of manufacturers sell individual weapon kits if you don't feel like removing a weapon from another mini to add to the figure.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Or unless you do it the other way around.  Pick a mini and go 'I'm making a character who looks like THIS'.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Sign In to post comments