Time to post a deck

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
So this is where I'm at.  All help is appreciated, budget is not an issue.

4 City of Brass
2 Scrubland
2 Badlands
4 Drowned Catacomb okay, I really don't wanna buy Underground Seas
2 Marsh Flats
2 Swamp
4 Mox Diamond
2 Lotus Petal
2 Chromatic Lantern I'm gonna get ripped for this aren't I?

3 Desecration Demon
3 Baleful Strix
2 Serendib Efreet My Vintage roots
2 Rakdos Cackler
2 Hypnotic Specter
2 Bloodgift Demon

4 Dark Ritual
3 Swords to Plowshares
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Vindicate
3 Geth's Verdict
2 Brainstorm
2 Ponder

2 Sensei's Divining Top

There it is ... have at it. 

Was hoping for a little feedback, anybody have any opinions?  Tell me it sucks?? I like having some Red in my mana base for sideboard purposes, mainly Red Elemental Blast Pyroblast and Dreadbore
Seems really clunky.  Red feels really forced here, if it's just for SB cards + Lightning Bolt.  You're all ready in Blue, so I don't know why you want to have Red Elemental Blasts unless there are Blue permanents you want to blow up.  Dreadbore doesn't seem worth it either.  You have plenty of removal, and Vampire Hexmage is nice Planeswalker hate.

Your creature base is pretty weak.  Hippy just isn't strong enough now.  And with those Rituals, but no combo to ramp into, I foresee you Ritualing out something on turn 1 or 2 and then just being said when it eats a removal spell.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
Thanks for the feedback.

Well, there is no denying that red is forced for the reasons you mention.  I guess I just fear/detest blue counter magic so much that I want to be able to disrupt it.  

Vampire Hexmage is nice, definitely something to consider over Dreadbore.  I understand the opinion that Hippy isn't what it once was, and I have no issue with ritualing something larger out and having it removed, tis expected. 

Any suggestions on the creature base?  or build in general?
Hussssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Ok, that could be really red heavy, but if the point is above-the-curve creatures with (not too bad) drawbacks, I would really reccommend Abyssal Persecutor.

But I wanna know what you'd like to make it into, is it aggro, control, combo? Maybe Tempo/midrange? (Tempo/midrange would be in between aggro/control, leaning towards one or the other simply speaking.)
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Thanks for pointing out Vexing Shusher, I was not aware if it's existance.  Abyssal Persecutor is nice and I considered it but decided against it. 

Tempo/Midrage would describe my play style, although I think some might say you can't be both. 

Anyway I've been playtesting the hell out of this and it does pretty well early but anything that prolongs the game tends to ruin me. 

I'm really starting to look some variation of The Rock but without the discard element ... still a work in progess
I hate dogs.
ouch

192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Loser comments like felisdomesticus' don't bother me, if you don't have something constructive to say than don't say anything at all - especially after I just said it wasn't playing very well. 

It's typical though in the "A B C" community that some on this site seem to be, somebody comes in asking about "X" and everyone shuns them.  Sorry I'm not the lemming you want me to be. 

To Annubus and L_O_F, thanks for the feedback. 
This deck lacks clear focus.  You should focus on making it either purely aggressive or purely controlling.  Also, dark ritual and lotus petal really aren't that good when you aren't going for a combo deck, since the card advantage you lose is typically not worth the tempo.

And ignore felis, maybe he'll go away. 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
This deck lacks clear focus.  You should focus on making it either purely aggressive or purely controlling.  Also, dark ritual and lotus petal really aren't that good when you aren't going for a combo deck, since the card advantage you lose is typically not worth the tempo.

And ignore felis, maybe he'll go away. 

Don't count on it.
I hate dogs.