Black Green help

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I recently posted in the tournament section and have had very very little feedback regarding my deck and seems I had more feedback with the black & red deck I decided to make my Green and Black a casual play with a bit of tournament flair ... (hoping that I get better feedback here) ...

This is what I have so far ...

Will switch out the last Forcemage for another Mangler which I have ordered and I ordered 3 more   Sluiceway Scorpion's which will make 4 and I will add those in once I know what to remove

Has anyone got any ideas for me as to how I can proceed with this deck ( I am new to MTG so please forgive my noob mistakes)

Regards.
This looks like a good start, I think this is a solid foundation. The cards you are adding are going to help alot. Depending on your money situation, there are a few cards I would suggest looking at. First Deathrite Shaman is pricey, but lets you take advantage of the cards not only in your graveyard, but your opponent's as well. Lotleth Troll can grow to huge proportions if gotten early in, especially with Slitherhead and Corpsejack Menace. Then there is Abrupt Decay for early removal. The Guildleader Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord can be useful. I hope this helps
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I'd switch out the tragic slip for another removal spell, or at least cut two of them. 
I am currently looking for 4x Lotleth Troll & Deathrite Shaman but they are rather pricey and out of stock ... I will have to either trade for them or wait intil next month and buy them then ...

What should I drop for the 4x Sluiceway Scorpion's ?

How useful is Abrupt Decay as the 3 CMC or less part worries me ... Doesn't that severly limit the card ?

If I drop Tragic Slip ... What would you recommend in it's place apart from Abrupt Decay ??

A quick noob question ... If I play Tragic Slip and target a 1/1 creature or manage to use Morbid ... That does kill a creature correct ? ...
Maybe Murder, if you're keeping it standard. 

The converted mana cost fo 3 isn't that big of a problem usually, as a lot of fantastic creatures fall in that range. Smother is almost alwasy useful because of that fact.
check out cardkingdom.com or ebay for the trolls and shamans, you should be able to find them. Abrupt Decay doesn't just destroy creatures but artifacts, enchantments, even planeswalkers (Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded, Ajani, Caller of the Pride, Jace Beleren, Liliana of the Veil)
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I got my hands on 3 Rancor 's and removed 2x Giant Growth 's but what else should I remove ...

I was looking at removing 2x Guildmage and 2 evolving wilds for 4x Farseeks and I was removing 1 Forcemage for another Dreg Mangler ...

What do I remove to add another Rancor, Murder and 2 ultimate price ... ... Is there anything like Victim of Night that is a CMC1 ?

Would it be smart or stupid to switch out daggerdrome imp for elvish visionary