(New deck idea) Crosis, the Megrim

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Finally got that mono blue deck finished and changed the general to Azami and I'm quite happy with it so I'm moving on to something new.

I figured I'd play Grixis odd control. I want to make use of every Wheel of Fortune/Windfall-esqe cards in the game that are worth playing. All the while hurting everyone by having every  Megrim/Underworld Dreams-esqe card in there. So I need a list of all the cards that have these effects so that i can pick all the best ones. So far this is what I have:

General
Crosis, the Purger

Barbed Shocker
Cephalid Coliseum
Chandra Ablaze
Dragon Mage
Incendiary Command
Megrim
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
Pain Magnification
Rakdos's Return
Scythe Specter
Shocker
Sword of Feast and Famine
Liliana's Caress
Burning Inquiry
Careful Consideration
Cephalid Broker
Cephalid Looter
Chains of Mephistopheles
Cruel Ultimatum
Dream Salvage
Jace's Archivist
Laquatus's Creativity
Magus of the Jar
Memory Jar
Reforge the Soul
Robber Fly
Syphon Mind
Wheel and Deal
Wheel of Fate
Wheel of Fortune
Windfall
Wistful Thinking
Words of Waste
Underworld Dreams

If you guys can think of anything else that would make this more efficient please post.
Teferi's Puzzle Box if you plan on playing CoM.
Teferi's Puzzle Box if you plan on playing CoM.

CoM?
Memory Jar

I also like to play things like Kederekt Leviathan and Evacuation in wheel heavy decks to get the table cleared up. Use Winding Canyons at the end of the turn before yours to drop a leviathan for max effect, plus play out the few cards you'd really want around like Megrim.

Chains of Mephistopheles is the best card ever for punishing draws, that Megrim and Anvil of Bogardan was one of my favorite decks to play. Total shutdown.     

<----- Loser.

Memory Jar

in the op

anvil and a lot of the other guy's list is all good stuff.
Memory Jar

in the op

oh yeah, I missed it twice then cause I went back to check for it. lol

<----- Loser.

Anvil of Bogardan
Winds of Change
Whirlpool Warrior
Molten Psyche
Cerebral Vortex
Kederekt Parasite
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
Spiteful Visions
Phyrexian Tyranny
Psychosis Crawler
Teferi's Puzzle Box

Are all possible inclusions.

I need to get all the cards that are fit for the core theme of the deck and then I'll flesh it out with the control elements.
What about stuff like Timetwister and Diminishing Returns?

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Also possibilities along with Time Spiral and the new one.
Diminishing returns is terrible.

I have a CoM deck that uses Puzzle Box as the lock piece.  I have always found that Anvil does not work without some form of pitch / shuffle and Draw X effects.  Anvil allows them to keep their hands.  Puzzle box does not.  With that strategy you have to be careful, though, as you're just as vulnerable as they are.  Follow up to that and you have to have a good graveyard strategy to pick up after you empty hands. 

Other things that punish draws, which may make it in...:
Zur's Weirding
Breathstealer's Crypt

Cards that are good with this type of deck:
Storm World
Skullcage
Cephalid Constable
Cyclonic Rift