Anyone interested in making Final Fantasy related cards??

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
Characters, creatures, event, place... whatever...

Guess I can start first:

Onion Knight  

Creature - Knight

Onion Knight is indestructible.

During combat, Onion Knight's power becomes 1 plus the sum of toughness of the creatures blocking or blocked by Onion Knight, and its toughness becomes 1 plus the sum of power of the creatures blocking or blocked by it.

4/4

Yes, I intentionally did not give him a race.
Sephiroth, One-Winged Angel

Legendary Creature--Angel

Flying

When ~ ETB, destroy all lands, and all creatures get -X/-X until EOT, where X is 9/10 that creature's toughness, rounded down.

Estuans interius, ira vehementi, Sephiroth! 6/6

(Seriously, that always did bug me that Supernova doesn't kill your guys, but destroys the whole solar system.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
OK so this attracts at least one person... I will post another one...

Blue Mage     
Creature - Human Wizard

{U}: Blue Mage gains all activated abilities of target creature until end of turn. (If any of the abilities use that creature's name, use this creature's name instead.)

You may spend blue mana as though it were mana of any color to pay the activation costs of Blue Mage's abilities.

2/2

since I am still around for a while...

Reis the Holy Dragon  
Creature - Human Dragon

: Reis the Holy Dragon gains flying until end of turn.
: Reis the Holy Dragon gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Gain control of target Dragon permanent.

5/5

from FFTA War of the Lion
Mime 
Creature - Shapeshifter Mime
Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)
Whenever a creature activates an ability, you may pay . If you do copy that ability. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Whenever another creature deals damage to creature, you may pay . If you do, Mime deals that much damage to that creature. 
2/2
Dark Behemoth        
Creature - Beast
Undying
When Dark Behemoth leaves the battlefield, you may pay . If you do, Dark Behemoth deals X plus 1 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or players.

5/5

It is casting Meteor when it dies... from FFX 
MagiTek Armor |
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has:
", : You gain 2 life.
, : Gain control of target creature with power 2 or less.
, : Target player loses 1/4 of his or her life (rounded down).
, : Equipped creature deals 2 damage to target creature.
, : Target player gets a poison counter."
Equip

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Hypno Crown
Artifact-Equipment
You control equipped creature.
()()(): Attach ~ to target creature.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Space-Time Compression -
Sorcery
Exile all permanents, then put a legendary land token named "Ultimecia's Castle" with "Ultimecia's Castle has all activated and triggered abilities of all exiled cards." onto the battlefield.

Meteor -
Sorcery
Destroy the world. (The world includes all permanents.)
Whenever Meteor is countered, regenerate the world.
Chocobo
Creature -- Bird
Haste
Wark!
2/1
Nagnarok    
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a creature or planeswalker, exile that creature or planeswalker. For each creature or planeswalker exiled this way, its controller put a 0/2 green Frog creature token onto the battlefield under their control.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, that player's life total becomes 2.

Equip
since I am still around for a while...

Reis the Holy Dragon  
Creature - Human Dragon

: Reis the Holy Dragon gains flying until end of turn.
: Reis the Holy Dragon gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Gain control of target Dragon permanent.

5/5

from FFTA War of the Lion

Or just FFT. Same game, but remakes.

Blackbelt

Creature--Human Monk

If Blackbelt is equipped, it gets -2/-2. 4/4
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Cid, the Ever Present
Legendary Creature-Human
Spells and abilities can't cause you to sacrifice ~. (You can still sacrifice Cid as a cost to cast a spell or activate an ability.)
"Do you know who I am? I've been in every game except the first!"
3/3

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)

After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Gravija     
Sorcery
All creatures get -X/-X, where X equals to the creature's toughness minus 1.
That's powerful. You just can't kill anyone with it.
Cid, the Ever Present
Legendary Creature-Human
Spells and abilities can't cause you to sacrifice ~. (You can still sacrifice Cid as a cost to cast a spell or activate an ability.)
3/3

You get to kill Cid in FFVI, actually.
139359831 wrote:
Cid, the Ever Present
Legendary Creature-Human
3/3

You get to kill Cid in FFVI, actually.

If you're refering to the part where you play as Celes and catch fish for him...if done correctly, you can also save him. Although you do get to kill him in FFXII because he's truly a bad guy in that one (and then there's a guy named al-Cid who's a good guy and makes an appearance in FFTA2: Grimoire of the Rift as a playable character).

But the point of the card is not that you can't kill Cid (in fact, "destroy" effects still work on my card). The point is that he keeps showing up, and thus is "ever present" in the series since FFII (and I chose to represent this by giving him an anti-sacrifice ability). Although, I haven't played Crystal Chronicles so I have no idea if he persists in that series or not...honestly I'd be surprised if he wasn't.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Tiamat, Fiend of Wind     

Legendary Creature - Dragon Hydra

Flying, haste, vigilance
Tiamat, Fiend of Wind enters the battlefield with five +1/+1 counters and can block any number of creatures.
, remove a +1/+1 coutner from Tiamat, Fiend of Wind: Choose one - Return target permanent to its owner's hand; or Tiamat, Fiend of Wind deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
: Put three +1/+1 counters on Tiamat, Fiend of Wind.
1/1

^
||
I think it's not too OP? My original design doesn't require mana for the 2nd ability but that would mean it deals 15 damage when ETB... so I added mana cost and add haste instead...
Terra Brandford | :W:
Legendary Creature - Human Esper Wizard
:R:,:T::Deal 2 damage to target creature or player. When three or more creatures are destroyed as a result of this damage, transform ~.
2/2
"People seem to only want power..."
:W::R::R:,:T::Deal 4 damage to target creature or player and prevent the next 4 damage ~ would receive this turn.
4/4
"...Do they truly want to be like me?"
My Commander decks! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942477/Endrek_Sahr,_Master_of_Disaster http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942329/*Rumbling_Stomach_Noises*_Guildpact_Borborygmos_Deck
Excalipur
Artifact-Equipment
Equipped creature gets +5/+0.
If equipped creature would deal damage to a permanent or player, it deals 1 damage to that permanent or player instead.
Equip

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Shiva                

Legendary Creature - Esper

First strike, protection from blue and from white
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Shiva by creatures without double strike.
: Tap target creature blocking or blocked by Shiva. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
: Exile Shiva, then return it to the battlefield under your control.
4/3

overpowered?
Just a bit, considering most of the time, I'll only be able to damage Shiva with one color.
139359831 wrote:
Just a bit, considering most of the time, I'll only be able to damage Shiva with one color.

Why one color? u should be able to deal with Shiva with black or red removal if you can catch her off-mana. With enough mana she will evade all attacks anyway, no matter what color
the 2nd ability is only combat tricks for creatures anyway...
Sandy of the Magus Sisters                    
First strike, haste
5/1

Mindy of the Magus Sisters                    
Flying
: Return Mindy of the Magus Sisters to its owner's hand.
: Mindy of the Magus Sisters deals 1 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
1/1

Cindy of the Magus Sisters                    
Hexproof, provoke, trample
Cindy of the Magus Sisters enters the battlefield tapped.
You win the game if you control an untapped creature named Sandy of the Magus Sisters and an untapped creature named Mindy of the Magus Sisters, and Cindy of the Magus Sisters is untapped.
4/4

The timing of casting them may be tricky unless you have enough mana / combo to cast them in a single turn. Ideally you would cast them in the 4th, 5th and 6th turn respecrively, but Sandy is so vulnerable that you may choose to wait out the 5th turn to cast Cindy first before Sandy. Mindy is invulnerable but evading an attack will most likely delay you a turn for winning which you may not afford. And Cindy's ETB tapped means you can't win immediately unless you have other tricks in hand. Overall this is just a casual combo for fun...

Why one color? u should be able to deal with Shiva with black or red removal if you can catch her off-mana. With enough mana she will evade all attacks anyway, no matter what color
the 2nd ability is only combat tricks for creatures anyway...

Double strike's mostly in red and white. Protection from white knocks out white. So, the only color whose creatures can reliably damage Shiva is red.
139359831 wrote:
Thunder | R
Instant
Deal 4 damage to target creature.

Thundara | RR
Instant
Deal 4 damage to target creature or opponent.

Thundaga | RRR
Instant
Deal 4 damage to all creatures you don't control and all opponents.
My Commander decks! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942477/Endrek_Sahr,_Master_of_Disaster http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942329/*Rumbling_Stomach_Noises*_Guildpact_Borborygmos_Deck
Thundaja

Sorcery

Thundaja does 8 damage to all creatures and players.
139359831 wrote:
Cell Injection

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creatue
Enchanted Soldier gets +3/+1.
Enchanted non-Soldier gets -2/-2.
"This guy are sick."

Rules Advisor

Thunder | R
Instant
Deal 4 damage to target creature.

Thundara | RR
Instant
Deal 4 damage to target creature or opponent.

Thundaga | RRR
Instant
Deal 4 damage to all creatures you don't control and all opponents.

Thundaja

Sorcery

Thundaja does 8 damage to all creatures and players.

You guys must be kidding... all 4 cards are overpowered... maybe the first one is the least overpowered, but still overpowered...

Cid Highwind

Legendary Creature - Human Knight
3/5

Reach
: Exile Cid Highwind, then return him to the battlefield under your control.
"You sit your ass down in that chair and drink your goddamn tea!"

Rules Advisor

Since apparently all the summon monsters are going to have the creature type Esper (I seriously feel that they actually fit the idea behind Elementals more than they deserve a new creature type):

Banish
Instant
Exile target Esper that dealt damage to you this turn.
"Death awaits you." ~Seymour Guado

I know white typically gets this kind of effect, but in the game the ability seems like it would be more aligned with black.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Since apparently all the summon monsters are going to have the creature type Esper (I seriously feel that they actually fit the idea behind Elementals more than they deserve a new creature type):

Banish
Instant
Exile target Esper that dealt damage to you this turn.
"Death awaits you." ~Seymour Guado

I know white typically gets this kind of effect, but in the game the ability seems like it would be more aligned with black.

I think, if "must" use existing creature types, they should be spirit instead of elemental, since many of them are not elementally-aligned (think Magus Sisters)

And talking about Esper...

Anima                       
Legendary Creaature - Esper
As an additional cost to cast Anima, sacrifice a Human.
Fear, protection from black
:  Destroy target non-Esper creature. It can't be regenerated.
, : All opponents lose 10 life.
8/8
Red Mage
Creature - Human Wizard

First Strike

: Red Mage deals 2 damage to target creature or 1 damage to target player or planeswalker.
: Gain 3 life.

3/3
Kain

Legendary Creature--Human Knight

Haste, first strike

At EOT, target opponent gains control of Kain. 4/3

Edward

Legendary Creature--Human

Prevent all damage dealt by Edward. 0/1

He feels especially spoony today.
139359831 wrote:
I think, if "must" use existing creature types, they should be spirit instead of elemental, since many of them are not elementally-aligned (think Magus Sisters)

Elementals are simply beings that are (usually) born of pure mana. Colorless mana exists. Ergo, "non-elemental" summon monsters would be colorless Elementals.

Of course, depending on which Final Fantasy game you're playing, summon monsters could have a lot of different flavorful creature types. For FFs 3-5, they'd be elementals, for 6 they could be either elementals or spirits (or a new creature type), for 7 they'd either be elementals, avatars, or both, for 8 they could be avatars, for 9 they could be elemental spirits, for 10 they would be spirits, and for 12 they could be elemental avatars again.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

The Airship                    
Legendary Artifact
Fateful hour — If you have 5 or less life, you may cast The Airship without paying its mana cost.
: Creatures you control have flying until end of turn.
: Creatures without flying can't attack you or planeswalkers you control until end of turn.
If The Airship would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal The Airship and shuffle it into its owner's library instead.
Always come as the last rescue. And never fail.
Sign In to post comments