G/W humans

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Any thoughts or improvements would be appreciated (just don't say 4x Sublime Archangel, I would if I was in the position to). Cards I would like to include: Selesnya Charm, Elite Inquisitor, Farseek, maybe Ground Seal for pesky Reanimator.

Update: cut Resto Angel, a Mayor

Creatures - 25
4x Avacyn's Pilgrim
4x Champion of the Parish
3x Mayor of Avabruck
4x Silverblade Paladin
4x Loxodon Smiter
1x Odric, Master Tactician
2x Sublime Archangel
2x Wolfir Silverheart
1x Sigarda, Host of Herons

Planeswalkers - 2
1x Garruk, Primal Hunter
1x Ajani, Caller of the Pride

Enchantments - 8
4x Rancor
4x Oblivion Ring

Instants - 0

Sorceries - 2
2x Gather the Townsfolk

Artifacts - 0

Lands - 23
4x Cavern of Souls
4x Temple Garden
3x Sunpetal Grove
2x Gavony Township
6x Plains
4x Forest

Sideboard
4x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2x Ray of Revelation
2x Centaur Healer
2x Knight of Glory
2x Riders of Gavony
1x Rest in Peace 
2x Rootborn Defenses
I know the title says G/W Humans, but this deck is screaming for Loxodon Smiter.

I also think you have too many Mayors and O-Rings. Maybe pull some of them out to put in those charms, which happen to be awesome for this build.

I don't much like the angels in here either, Sigarda's okay but I'm still trying to see how Restoration Angel fits into the build.

The sideboard needs some work too. Why 4-of on Thalia? You should have the game won before you can get Angel of Glory's Rise onto the battlefield and just what would you sideboard her in against?

Have you thought about Precinct Captain? This build needs better 2-drops.

I would also think about Rootborn Defenses or Safe Passage because this build is VERY vulnerable to board wipe.
I know the title says G/W Humans, but this deck is screaming for Loxodon Smiter.

I also think you have too many Mayors and O-Rings. Maybe pull some of them out to put in those charms, which happen to be awesome for this build.

I don't much like the angels in here either, Sigarda's okay but I'm still trying to see how Restoration Angel fits into the build.

The sideboard needs some work too. Why 4-of on Thalia? You should have the game won before you can get Angel of Glory's Rise onto the battlefield and just what would you sideboard her in against?

Have you thought about Precinct Captain? This build needs better 2-drops.

I would also think about Rootborn Defenses or Safe Passage because this build is VERY vulnerable to board wipe.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post, your ideas are dead on, and you have definitely given me some things to think over. Restoration Angel has come in really clutch as a flash blocker, or sometimes to save something from removal. I could definitely cut her from the build if there were something better - any ideas?

The reasoning behind 4x Thalia is that, against control, playing her on T2 is pretty huge. Once she hits the board, she is going to be an immediate target for removal, so topdecking one with one in hand isn't too bad.

As for Mayor of Avabruck, he can totally swing games if left unchecked, but sometimes durdles around as a 1/1. I could see cutting some for smiters or precinct captain
With 4 Thalia, I'd cut back on O-Ring.