The Warrior: A non-ED simple Fighter

Warrior
The Warrior is a master adventurer who excels both in and out of combat.

Creating a Warrior
When you create a character whose first class is Warrior you gain these benefits.
Ability Adjustment: +1 to your Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution score. You need Strength and Dexterity for weapon use and a high Constitution provides extra hit points.
Starting Hit Points: 10 + your Constitution modifier
Armor and Shield Proficiencies: All armor and shields
Weapon Proficiencies: All weapons

Attack
Level     Bonus   Class Features
1              +3           Heroics, Warrior’s Talent
2              +3           Bonus Feat
3              +3           Weapon Mastery +1[W]
4              +4           Warrior’s Talent
5              +4           Bonus Feat
6              +4           Weapon Mastery +2[W]
7              +4           Warrior’s Talent
8              +4           Bonus Feat              
9              +5           Weapon Mastery +3[W]
10            +5           Warrior’s Talent

Class Features:

Level 1: Heroics
The warrior always has a trick up his sleeve for when the going gets tough. You gain a single point of stamina and know the following three heroic exploits: Action Surge, Champion’s Effort, and Second wind. You can spend stamina to use any of the heroic exploits you know. You regain all spent Stamina at the end of a short rest. 

Action Surge: As a free action on your turn you may spend a point of stamina to take an extra action.
Champion’s Effort: As a free action you may spend a point of stamina to re-roll a single attack roll, saving throw, or ability check.
Second Wind: You may spend a point of stamina as an action to gain temporary hit points equal to ½ your maximum hit points. You may only use this exploit while you are at ½ your maximum hit points or less. These temporary hit points only last for one minute.

Level 1: Warrior’s Talent
The adventuring life gives the warrior a chance to pick up many unique talents over the course of their career. You gain a single ability of your choice from the list of Warrior’s Talents. You gain an additional talent from this list at levels 4, 7, and 10.

Level 2: Bonus Feat
At second level you gain a bonus feat of your choice. You gain an additional bonus feat at levels 5 and 8.

Level 3: Weapon Mastery
You are a master of attacking with weapons. At level 3 your weapon attacks deal an additional +1[W] damage. At level 6 this additional damage increases to +2[W] and at level 9 this additional damage increases to +3[W] damage. [W] is equal to the unmodified damage dice of your weapon.

Warrior’s Talents

Brawn: You gain advantage with all Strength ability checks.
Charm: You gain advantage with all Charisma ability checks.
Finesse: You gain advantage with all Dexterity ability checks.
Improved Heroics: You gain an additional point of stamina.
Insight: You gain advantage with all Wisdom ability checks.
Intimidating Roar: As a free action you may initiate a Charisma contest against all enemies within 30 feet of you. Each creature who fails is frightened until the end of your next turn. You may only use this ability once per round and only after dropping an enemy to 0 HP or less with a weapon attack.
Mettle: You gain a +2 bonus to all saving throws.
Steel Skin: You may use your Constitution modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier to determine your AC.
Sweep: As an action you may make a single weapon attack with a melee weapon against all creatures adjacent to you. Make one attack roll and compare that result to the AC of each adjacent creature. You deal ½ normal damage to each creature hit by this attack.
Vigor: You gain advantage with all Constitution ability checks.
Wit: You gain advantage with all Intelligence ability checks.
Weapon Specialization: Choose a weapon you are proficient with. You can score critical hits with this weapon on a natural roll of 19 or 20.

My 5e Homebrew Material

The Warblade: A Mythic Fighter

The Hero: A Modular Class

Weapon Mastery is OP, 3 dead levels, and Imbalance Talents.

2/10 
Weapon Mastery is OP, 3 dead levels, and Imbalance Talents.

2/10 

Moved weapon mastery to level 3.  Now the Warrior's average damage will be slightly higher than the fighters at level 3 only, and only if the Warrior is using a two handed weapon. Note that Expertise Dice are more versatile because the fighter saves them if he misses with an attack allowing him to use them for defense as well as offense quite easily.  At level 6 once the fighter gains an extra attack, the fighter's damage is strictly superior even though the warriors bonus dice from weapon mastery are larger in total.

I replaced the dead levels at 2, 5, and 8 with bonus feats.  This is somehwat boring, but every class has dead levels and lots of them. Bonus feats will help round out the warriors non-combat capabilities.

Which talents do you believe are imbalanced? The advantage granting talents seem to be the most useful but are almost strictly worse than their expertise equivalents as they cannot increase your maximum result. Remember ability checks are not attack rolls or saving throws.  

Why do you need something simpler than +XdY to damage,  that scales with level?
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
This doesn't seem any simpler than the existing fighter.  

While I do not personally need a "simple" fighter, other's have asked for it.  I have witnessed players become frustrated at the complexity of the ED mechanic.  Sure it is simple if you only use Deadly Strike, but having other maneuvers greatly complicates things. I would also like to see non-ED using martial characters in general.

The reason this class is more simple than the current fighter is the difference between active and passive abilities.  Only while only using deadly strike the fighter must make decision about when to spend the dice that complicate and slow down the game. Do you use ED on a running gnoll warrior who is giving you an opportunity attack or do you save them and try to go after the gnoll boss? These options have lead to decision paralysis for some players at my table. This becomes especially evident with the defensive maneuvers such as parry and the additional attack gained at level 6.  Additionally ED are also a very cumbersome mechanic in many scenarios.  Roll a d20 +4, then roll 3d10 and choose the highest, then add that all together and determine your result just slows things down. 

The warrior gets around all this by providing mostly passive benefits. His extra damage feature is always on.  No need to choose when to use it.  Same with most of the talents. The warrior either has a bonus or does not. The warrior also gains some nice out of combat utility which is an area the fighter is currently lacking.

The warrior gets around all this by providing mostly passive benefits. His extra damage feature is always on.  No need to choose when to use it.  Same with most of the talents. The warrior either has a bonus or does not. The warrior also gains some nice out of combat utility which is an area the fighter is currently lacking.

To me, it feels like you just should have said "Always apply all your XD to Deadly Strike." as Mand12 was hinting at. Also, Brawn, Charm, Finesse etc are WAY overpowered.
I really like the idea being presented here, but I feel like for a "simple" fighter he gets WAY too much. He actually gets more than the regular fighter :P

If you take away the bonus feats, and maybe add 1 more talent in it's place, then it feels about right to me. There should be 2-3 dead levels. Also, I feel like bonus feats are kinda copy/paste from 3e :P But that's just me.

I really like the talents and the heroics though, really cool ideas! Keep it up!
My two copper.
Based on my experiences with the fighter, what I'd do if I wanted to make it simpler would be to just make it so that deadly strike is "always on" for the first hit of each round, keep the extra attack ability, and jettison everything else. That's simple and nearly as good as the base fighter. If you need to close the gap, I'd give it +1 or +2 AC or something to compensate for not having the defensive and utility maneuvers. That gets you a nice minimal-decisions, no-management fighter that's easy to understand and still gets something that stands out (the extra attack).
Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.