DLCR: Jarad's Orders

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other RtR card to rate is...

Jarad's Orders

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This card is actually kind of nice.  In golgari decks it's very nice to be able to get a creature you need and toss a scavenge card.  Not first pickable in my opinion but very solid if you are a scavenge deck.

2.5-3

Discuss! 
Tutors can be nice, but you really want to have a bomb to fetch with it and need to have a lot of scavenge to throw in the grave. Without a bomb in the deck it still has some nice synergy with Daggerdrome Imps. I'd say 2.5 is reasonable.

Really only works in great scavenge decks. I'd rather play removal or a creature, obvi. Also, what a crappy rare to crack in your prize packs--I think I've gotten 6 of these this way.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Something between 2.0 and 2.5 on that rating scale seems right.
It's probably a 1.5-2.0. It's not good in all Black-Green decks.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!

Really only works in great scavenge decks. I'd rather play removal or a creature, obvi. Also, what a crappy rare to crack in your prize packs--I think I've gotten 6 of these this way.

If by "scavenge deck", you mean a deck with at least 1 creature with scavenge in it, while you're in both green and black.  That might seem like a daunting task, but I assure you that it is not.  I'll play this every time, finding my bomb and binning and leaving myself a nice pump for later is always nice.
I hate dogs.

If by "scavenge deck", you mean a deck with at least 1 creature with scavenge in it, while you're in both green and black.  That might seem like a daunting task, but I assure you that it is not.  I'll play this every time, finding my bomb and binning and leaving myself a nice pump for later is always nice.

Except you have to have a bomb, which isn't always the case in limited, and be willing to lose a creature, and generally not cast another creature for a turn for this to be useful. Not to mention you're showing off your bomb, which tells an opponent to hold his/her removal for, you know, that bomb you just showed him/her.

Scavenge is a great late-game mechanic when you're staring down boardstalls, except for great mid-game cards like the scorpion and mangler. It's not a theme to build around, in limited or constructed, and it doesn't make this card (much) better. 

Could you please do Vraska cut early in line like you did with pack rat please?
0.75 (I will play it as a 23rd card depending on what my decks plan seems to be.)

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Could you please do Vraska cut early in line like you did with pack rat please?
0.75 (I will play it as a 23rd card depending on what my decks plan seems to be.)

Sure, I'll try and remember to post hers tomorrow.

Correct. This card is often quite good. We really don't care if by turn 4-5 someone wants to hold their removal as we will be scavenging to make other creatures into "bombs" as well. If you don't play Golgari then I forgive you for not knowing that scavenge creatures make bombs, you don't need to pull one. My daggerdrome imps are usually the bombs.

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge

Correct. This card is often quite good. We really don't care if by turn 4-5 someone wants to hold their removal as we will be scavenging to make other creatures into "bombs" as well. If you don't play Golgari then I forgive you for not knowing that scavenge creatures make bombs, you don't need to pull one. My daggerdrome imps are usually the bombs.

lol. meta=truth?

Lifelink imp and Scavenge 3/3 flyer, mmm 4/4 lifelink flyer

or scavenge and bomb plus scavenge. 

Lifelink imp and Scavenge 3/3 flyer, mmm 4/4 lifelink flyer

or scavenge and bomb plus scavenge. 

Exactly!
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge