Chain game: make a card based on a historical figure.

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here's how it works:
First, critique the card above you
Then, post a card based on the above criteria, which should be related to the historical figure.  Backstory is optional, but cool.
Finally, pick a historical figure for the next person to do.

Pascal 
Planeswalker - Pascal
{+1}:  Discard your hand, then draw 2 cards.
{-X}:  ~ deals X damage to target creature or player.
Players can't copy spells.
{X}

Bonus points to anyone who can name the origin of all 3 abilities.

Criteria:  make a card based on Charles de Gaulle 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Is the first one Pascal's Wager?  *shrugs*
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
Is the first one Pascal's Wager?  *shrugs*

Wouldn't Pascal's Wager be

"Choose one--Flip a coin. If you win, draw as many cards as you desire. Or flip a coin. If you lose, discard your hand."

It's an interesting argument. It's still the "believe in X or die" fallacy, but never has it been phrased so beautifully.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Haha cato why would you make a card after a guy who thinks a non-finite probability = a coin flip?
I hate dogs.
Mendel Monk

Creature Cleric Monk Human

when a creature comes into play flip 2 coins
if both come up tails that creature losses all creater types and  gains the creature type of your choice

"all peas are not created equal"

(2/2)
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

Sesame Street - Somebody Come And play

Fall River Miss 
Creature - Human Townsfolk
Whenever an equippment becomes attached to Fall River Miss, transform it.
1/1   
///
Lizzie Borden
Legendary Creature - Human Berserker
(Lizzie Borden is red.)    
At the beginning of your upkeep, Lizzie Borden deals damage equal to her power to another random target creature. 
If there are no other creatures on the battlefield, transform Lizzie Borden.
3/2

Criteria: Joan of Arc
I wish someone had read my original criteria, the one about creating Charles de Gaulle. Frown 

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
I wish someone had read my original criteria, the one about creating Charles de Gaulle.  

He's not super cool though. Also doesn't have any crazy enough traits to differentiate him from numerous other war leaders once they've been rendered in MTG rules speak. Maybe something about being exiled? Can attack while exiled? I'll leave it to somebody else. It's bed time.
Oppenheimer's Legacy

Sorcery
Each player puts an artifact token named Nuclear Bomb onto the battlefield with "Sacrifice Nuclear Bomb: Destroy all permanents target player controls not named Nuclear Bomb". 
"The physicists have known sin; and this is a knowledge which they cannot lose."
Madam Curie's Legacy
Enchantment
Wither
At the start of your turn ~ deals 1 damage to each creature and player.
"There are sadistic scientists who hurry to hunt down errors instead of establishing the truth." 

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
I wish someone had read my original criteria, the one about creating Charles de Gaulle.  

I was going to post a card about him, but after reading on Wikipedia I had nothing.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
cats_and_me wrote:
This thread has become less of a chain and more of a train wreck.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
there's just so many people to know
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

Sesame Street - Somebody Come And play

Charles de Gaulle -
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
First Strike
When Charles de Gaulle enters the battlefield, you may put an Aura enchantment card from your hand onto the battlfield attached to Charles de Gaulle.
"He did not try to put on airs but an aura of majesty seemed to envelop him... his performance - and I do not use that word disparagingly - was breathtaking." - President Richard Nixon
2/2

Arminius
It should specify "an aura that could enchant ~", it seems a bit like academy researchers, and it involve a quote from Richard Nixon  but other than that it's pretty cool.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
Arminius
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
Soldiers you control get +1/+1.
Arminius is indestructible if an opponent controls more creatures than you.
2/2

Albert Einstein

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
ColonialDragons wrote:
magicpablo666 wrote:
magicpablo666 wrote:
cats_and_me wrote:
Presence of the Master
Enchantment
Whenever a player casts an enchantment spell, counter it.

Federick Chopin

Barack Obama

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Albert Einstein  
Legendary Creature - Human Townsfolk
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player puts a theorm counter on Albert Einstein, then draws card equal to the number of theorm counters on
The only source of knowledge is experience.
0/1 

Christopher Walken

You've put this quote on one of the five or ten people in history where it would be least appropriate.

You've put this quote on one of the five or ten people in history where it would be least appropriate.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
Albert Einstein  
Legendary Creature - Human Townsfolk
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player puts a theorm counter on Albert Einstein, then draws card equal to the number of theorm counters on
0/1 

Christopher Walken

I would've done some sort of red hate myself. (Einstein refused to accept quantum mechanics, hence "God does not play dice.")
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments