Card rarity throughout sets

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I'm sorting cards and I have a couple of Kitesails, two from Worldwake and one from 2013, and I noticed that its a common in worldwake but an uncommon in 2013. Is this a frequent occurrence?
Relatively, Torch Fiend and Rancor(thank god) both received the same treatment in M13. Oblivion Ring was originally common, Serra Angel was originally rare. It's typically due to different limited environments though sometimes it's because of the power of the cards. Serra Angel was demoted to uncommon as the power level of creatures started to rise and Rancor was promoted to uncommon because that card is biznuts.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

In Kitesail's case, recent core sets typically don't have artifacts at common - Manalith being the single exception ever since sixth edition.
Even the most simple equipment (Leonin Scimitar) is uncommon in core sets.

[<o>]
Serra Angel was originally rare.

It was originally uncommon, then got bumped to rare in 7th.  M10 put it back at uncommon.

It was originally uncommon, then got bumped to rare in 7th.  M10 put it back at uncommon.

Huh, so it was.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

In Kitesail's case, recent core sets typically don't have artifacts at common - Manalith being the single exception ever since sixth edition.
Even the most simple equipment (Leonin Scimitar) is uncommon in core sets.

That's not true. All the borderposts, such as fieldmist borderpost from the Alara block were commons. There are artifacts that are commons in pretty much every single set. Accorder's Shield in SOM was Common. 
will_dice was talking about core sets, not expansions.

They thought she was "too good". Which is kinda funny today.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt