couple rules problems

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
What's the rule that doesn't want you to trigger things from hidden zones like the library? Trying to make a mechanic and the easiest way is to activate it from your library, I'd rather not add a searching clause like the wurm.

Split card permanents? Perhaps make dfcs with mana costs on both sides and no front face?
I don't know the specific rule, but anytime you activate an ability, the other player needs to be able to read it before it takes effect. Not sure how to do that without searching your library and revealing it...
Maybe a spinoff of Transmute?
Maybe a spinoff of Transmute?

Yeah that's the current fix kinda. Basically the mechanic is

Recipe - (Any number of card types listed)

and then the fix is to have "ingredients" with the text (exile cards equal to the recipe into your "pot" yadda yadda either get the recipe to your hand or cast it I dunno yet)

But it would be nice to not need ingredients, and just have the recipe function form the library or something.

Which is why I was thinking of split cards for the set, so you can more easily get long recipes with 3+ things on them.
You can't really activate it from your library, since there's no way for your opponent to tell if it's there or in your hand or something. So then you can just spam it to shuffle your library or somesuch, and pretending you don't find it or so.

So it would need to be some sort of independant game action, or something.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I believe there isn't anything in the rules really preventing you from doing so. For instance, this technically works:

, Reveal this card from your library: Draw a card.

But this is simply impractical in a real-life game. It could work in an Online-only expansion, but that's it.

It's a problem of practicality more than anything.
I believe there isn't anything in the rules really preventing you from doing so. For instance, this technically works:

But this is simply impractical in a real-life game. It could work in an Online-only expansion, but that's it.

I'm not even sure that would work.

401.2. Each library must be kept in a single face-down pile. Players can't look at or change the order of cards in a library.

Revealing the card requires you to find it first, but to find it, you'd have to look through your library, which you aren't allowed to do.

I'm not even sure that would work.

401.2. Each library must be kept in a single face-down pile. Players can't look at or change the order of cards in a library.

Revealing the card requires you to find it first, but to find it, you'd have to look through your library, which you aren't allowed to do.

Ooooh!  Suggestion:

Whenever you would search your library, you may reveal ~ from your library and pay .  If you do, draw a card.

There is already at least one card that cares about the act of searching the library (it says players can't).  So why not have an ability which triggers only when in your library, and only if you're searching your library?

EDIT: Though it would need reminder text that notes the triggered ability's effect doesn't occur until after the card search has already occurred.  Otherwise, I could definitely see casual games where a player would look at the top of their library, see it's a card they like, and claim that the card draw takes place before they reshuffle their library.
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
So how about this on cards with the subtype/super I dunno yet, ingredient:

" Errated ingredient rules: (At any time you could cast a sorcery, you may exile any number of ingredients in your hand or on the battlefield and search your library for a card with a matching recipe and play it without paying it's mana cost. Then shuffle your library)

So for example, you got a card with Recipe --Creature, Creature, red sorcery, you can exile more than that, as long as you get those three"
Sign In to post comments