Hoof, there it is.

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
I think this is still enough of a frites list that you should put it in the frites thread...

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Also, its not really a Tier 1 deck if it isn't.

To be fair, a similar list top8'd a recent GP.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
I think this is still enough of a frites list that you should put it in the frites thread...

Mybad. I suppose the sideboard can make it frights.

To be fair, a similar list top8'd a recent GP.

Not only top 8 but was the #1 deck with hoof as the #1 card of a GP
Won GP Bochum and T8'd  Gp Charleston I think?
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with
It has a fatty that it often gets out through GY stuff + rites.  It runs self-mill to get rites + dood into yard.

It's frites. 
I hate dogs.
Ok, maybe this is a stupid question (and it's totally off-topic), but I'm going to go crazy if I don't ask. Did catowner split into Catotheyounger and felisdomesticus? 
Tier 1 doesn't mean it one once, it means you can expect it in multiples at any given tournament.
Ok, maybe this is a stupid question (and it's totally off-topic), but I'm going to go crazy if I don't ask. Did catowner split into Catotheyounger and felisdomesticus? 

I'm catowner, I have no idea who catotheyounger is, except that he's foolish enough to give helpful advice.
I hate dogs.
The name of this deck is so, so painful....

When did these forums become so unregulated that any goober could just make a thread in the decks to beat section?

Don't we have any VCL's or ORC's?

alot has changed since 2006.... 
I would like to point out that while this is a frites deck there is a lot more for a ramp package, because Brad Nelson created the deck so obvsously large ramp component. I think the problem with this list is that it was well poised against the current meta. Like, not enough effecient sweepers being played so all of these dorks could stick. If anybody plays rolling temblor this deck is finished. Winning doesn't make it an auto tier one deck. It'll probably just be swept under soon in favor for more resilient decks. 
behemoth is one of the few cards that actually scares me because its very, very difficult to completely answer the card.  yes, sweepers for the dorks is fine, but tremblor is a bad answer simply because of how narrow the card is with respect to the metagame.  plus, it doesn't his the lingering souls tokens.

again, behemoth is really hard to answer.  cavern makes it uncoutnerable.  its cip ability auto pumps the team, plus it can be reanimated, meaning you can't play something stupid like nevermore.  bringing in slaghter games is bad, since they could board into (or maindeck) angels or other fatties too.  plus, bringing in a cranial extraction against a pseudo-beatdown deck is likely a losing proposition. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Sleep effects like blustersquall can handle the overrun effect and keep you from being one shotted but you wouldn't want those main board and even in the side, they make me sad.
Sleep effects like blustersquall can handle the overrun effect and keep you from being one shotted but you wouldn't want those main board and even in the side, they make me sad.

yea, but then you have to run blustersquall in your deck.... ishy

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

it doesn't his the lingering souls tokens. 

I find it hard to believe that R&D would print such a card...
I hate dogs.
Izzet Staticaster and Nightshade peddler roflpwn this deck

I can't tell whether or not that's a serious comment.

I don't typically have too much trouble with Craterhoof while running Bant, but that's kind of contingent upon a turn 3 or 4 sweep, or a counterspell if they can't Cavern the dude in.

catowner wrote:
Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties.
Islands wrote:
Pack Rat is like Bitterblossom and Tarmogoyf had a black baby.
Only authorized threads are permitted in the Tournament Center. If a thread is incorrectly put in the Tournament Center, please request that a VCL move it using the link in my signature; do not comment on the move in-thread.

Moving to Standard Deck Help.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead.

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
why wasnt this moved to frites?
links plz
Ah Martin Juza made that and got 1st long ago. Average Rites deck

Weird you put in tier 1. Make no sense. Do you know what tier 1 is?

This deck been long dead. Believed sweeper cards stop this thing like Mortars, Supreme, Bonfire...so on

Fun deck but not strong than any Rites decks