Pyreheart Wolf

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey all,

I've been googeling, searching forums of diffrent kinds etc,etc but I haven't found ANY answers to this question...

IF I have 2 Pyreheart Wolf in play, attacking at the same time, DOES the abillity stack?

"Whenever Pyreheart Wolf attacks, each creature you control can't be blocked this turn except by two or more creatures."

I haven't found ANYTHING saying that it WONT stack.

2 Wolves attacking = 4 creatures have to block one?

Should also mention that I'm VERY new when it comes to rule-digging. :P
If someone has a link to a place where this is discussed and/or explained, feel free to link on.

Cheers! 
multiple Pyreheart Wolf are redundant

it will still be 2 or more
by blocking with 2 creatures you fulfill both wolves requirement
proud member of the 2011 community team
Ok, has it been said somewhere? (as in a rulebook)
Or is it simply a thing you should realize, common sence if you will, as it otherwise would be a bit OP for an uncommongraded card?

I believe what you're saying, Enigma256, just want to check.
each blocking requirement is independent of any other
you just have to fulfill as many as possible

blocking with 2 or more creatures fulfills the requirement of both wolves

here are the relevant rules:
509.1b The defending player checks each creature he or she controls to see whether it’s affected by any restrictions (effects that say a creature can’t block, or that it can’t block unless some condition is met). If any restrictions are being disobeyed, the declaration of blockers is illegal.
    A restriction may be created by an evasion ability (a static ability an attacking creature has that restricts what can block it). If an attacking creature gains or loses an evasion ability after a legal block has been declared, it doesn’t affect that block. Different evasion abilities are cumulative.

509.1c The defending player checks each creature he or she controls to see whether it’s affected by any requirements (effects that say a creature must block, or that it must block if some condition is met). If the number of requirements that are being obeyed is fewer than the maximum possible number of requirements that could be obeyed without disobeying any restrictions, the declaration of blockers is illegal. If a creature can’t block unless a player pays a cost, that player is not required to pay that cost, even if blocking with that creature would increase the number of requirements being obeyed.

it's not really spelled out for this case, you just have to use some common sense to fill in the gaps ;)

Thank you for that.
I still don't understand why it wouldn't stack, though, perhaps I'm just in denial here or something ;)
if I say to you "draw 2 lines on that paper"
and someone else says "draw 2 lines on that paper"

how many lines do you have to draw on the paper?
Hahaha nice one ;)

Although, I must say, that it totally depends on what the outcome should be.

If you say: draw 2 lines, and the other person says draw 2 lines, after I've drawn yours then I'd make 4 lines.
If it's, however, just supposed to be 2 lines on the paper and 30 people tells me to draw 2 lines I'd only make 2 lines ^^

;P 
Your creature attacks and the blocking restrictions are:

"This creature can't be blocked by only one creature." and
"This creature can't be blocked by only one creature."

I ask you, if I block your creature with two creatures, haven't I met the criteria for both restrictions? 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

For the ability to work like you think/thought it would, it would need to say 'must be blocked  by an additional creature', or something similar.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Kk I surrender ;)

Thank you for the answers  
Sign In to post comments