Black & Green Revise (Golgari)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey all ...

As in my other thread where I have been trying to make a R&B deck ... ... My main deck is a G&B deck ...

The local tournament had an opening so I took a chance and signed up ... ... I don't expect I will win but I would really like to use my G&B deck ... Please could you give me some advice on it's construction as I have a week to get it in order to be at least semi worthy

Here it is -

As you can see I have not changed the standard Golgari Event Deck much ... but I would like to look at maybe adding -

3 Corpsejack menace
[deck]
2 Korozda Monitor
1 Murder
4 Strangleroot Geist
[/deck]

But I am not sure as what to remove and I know there are better cards so I am open to suggestions !

All information would be seriously appreciated.
Regards.
Edited the list as I forgot to list my Spells ... lol
My girlfriend runs Golgari. Feel free to take any tips from it.

x3 Corpsejack Menace
x4 Vampire Nighthawk
x2 Deathrite Shaman
x3 Sluiceway Scorpion
x4 Dreg Mangler
x4 Slitherhead
x2 Deadbridge Goliath
x1 Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
x2 Death's Presence
x4 Gatekeeper Vine
x4 Trestle Troll
x2 Lotleth Troll
x2 Terrus Worm
x1 Vraska the Unseen
x1 Abrupt Decay (Currently still looking for more) :P

Lands:
x8 Swamps
x6 Forests
x4 Golgari Guildgate
x2 Overgrown TombĀ 
Thanks for the card listing ... I am still waiting on new cards but you gave me some ideas ...

I have changed my creatures to this -

Will switch out the last Forcemage for another Mangler which I have ordered and I ordered 3 more Sluiceway Scorpion's which will make 4 and I will add those in once I know what to remove ...

Now onto my spells ...
I've been also working on getting my Golgari Event deck up and running. I found that you'll need a higher percentage of lands than what the event deck gives you (preferably Woodland Cemetery and Overgrown Tomb instead of Evolving Wilds ). Early survivability seems to be key with Golgari decks. Quick R/BL decks are a large threat, since the Golgari deck takes mana to get anything worthy to happen.