Omniscience--revamped in blue

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
playing with and breaking omniscience  is a joy. It's so easy to just plop it down and watch the look of horror on opponnent's faces.

on turn three. With your whole library in your hand.

Omniscience
60 cards

4x enter the infinite (SPOILER)
[deck]4x grapeshot
4x tendrils of agony
4x cruel ultimatum
4x emrakul, the aeons torn
4x searing wind
4x pact of negation
24x island[/deck]
Woot! Go RED! I love red! Red is awesome! Did I mention I love red?
those personality things
Suprisingly enough, in that test, I'm not red I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."
Could go a lot faster with this if you are willing to invest in stuff like Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, and Lotus Petal.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

(Quietly sideboards four Gilded Light and four Thought Scour.)
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
made some major edits.
Woot! Go RED! I love red! Red is awesome! Did I mention I love red?
those personality things
Suprisingly enough, in that test, I'm not red I am White/Black
I am White/Black

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."
Adding a counterspell for the Gilded Light? Spoilsport. Tongue Out
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
so you have to mulligan until you get show and tell, or the deck literally cannot do anything
The only thing casual about this decklist is that you've taken a proven competitive idea, and weakened it. If I were to see someone playing this and masquerading it as casual, I'd be annoyed that what they're playing with is the skeleton of a competitive deck.

Searing Wind deserves no place in the deck though. Temporal Cascade or Griselbrand. May as well dig further, seeing as you'll have nothing to stop you from playing the cards you've dug into.

Though I'm inspired to come up with an Omniscience deck that isn't just based on ramping into it... to the decklist editor!

Edit: alright, did it. It's a WB variety with the combo of Entomb + Replenish (with Raven's Crime support in case you draw it). Still needs a bit of work before I'm comfortable posting the decklist though; while the control shell is ok, I feel like it has a few too many cards that either don't or can't do anything useful until you combo off. Perhaps less wincons and more tutors, seeing as they'd help set it up and can fetch the scarcer wincons afterwards.
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
Sign In to post comments