What happens to QP?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
First off I don't play competitive magic so I have little personal interest in this but still.

What happens to the QP that we have acumulated during the year. I presume that starting next month the Season 13 (or more likely another Season 1) will start. If they stick with season 1 then they will probably delete the old QP first. Now my suggestion. What if the old QP are not deleted but just added to the new ones so if you collected 6 QP last season 1 you would have to win another 9 this season 1 to get to play MOCS. Since QP are untradeble nobody "loses" anything if they stick around.

In other words can we keep them? Preatty please Cool

Edit: In case that after playing a MOCS the QP are not deducted from your account I would suggest that everytime you signup for a MOCS you have to "pay" 15 QP from your account so this way you cannot go infinite every year once you get the 15 required.
The QP already do leave your account when you join a MOCS.  As for the rest, I doubt they would do that as many people would already be qualified for the MOCS tournaments next year without even playing once.  It would be nice if there was something to with them, or even if we could keep them in our account to look at as a reminder, it would be kind of a bummer to just see them all erased.
First off I don't play competitive magic so I have little personal interest in this but still.

What happens to the QP that we have acumulated during the year. I presume that starting next month the Season 13 (or more likely another Season 1) will start. If they stick with season 1 then they will probably delete the old QP first. Now my suggestion. What if the old QP are not deleted but just added to the new ones so if you collected 6 QP last season 1 you would have to win another 9 this season 1 to get to play MOCS. Since QP are untradeble nobody "loses" anything if they stick around.

In other words can we keep them? Preatty please

Edit: In case that after playing a MOCS the QP are not deducted from your account I would suggest that everytime you signup for a MOCS you have to "pay" 15 QP from your account so this way you cannot go infinite every year once you get the 15 required.

There's a bit of explanation in the 2012 MOCS article which you can find HERE. It reads like so:

“Qualifier Points are season specific and can only be used for the season in which they are earned. QPs earned in previous season cannot used to enter or applied towards later End-of-Season Championships. Qualifier Points are not tradable and are for the sole use of the player who has earned them. Unused QPs in each player's collection will be removed at the conclusion of the 2012 Magic Online Championship Series.”

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

There should be some sort of reward for most unused QP

Calavera on MTGO I collect Zendikar Foil Basic lands. Trade me yours! Things that I want to see changed on MTGO: 1: 64 man drafts added to rotation of Events. 2: Visual/Audible Notification of disconnect, deckbuild/afk time expiring and round starts. 3: Prize Payouts as close to draft sets as possible. 4: Rotate Classic draft queues monthly! 5: MOCS level events for Classic/Pauper 6: Power 9! 7: Award Promo Cards for Constructed PEs (esp for Legacy/Classic) 8: Program Split option back in! 9: Set Favorite version in deck editor (i.e. always use x swamp) 10: Better sorting of gold cards in deck editor. 11: Bring leagues Back!