Throw Us A Bone Here

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can you guys finally make the encounters seasonal adventures available for download. Yes, I know that the idea originally was for the adventures to be an in-person experience. Well, now that encounters is not happening anymore, can we make them available for those of us that missed them?
Currently the only way to get them is to pay roughly $50-$125 a peice for them on ebay. I'm sure they're great adventures, but c'mon. There are a lot of us that would like to experience that stuff before we move on to 5e.
I'll second that.
+1 vote!
Are you threatening me master jedi? Dungeons & Dragons 4e Classic - The Dark Edition
+1 vote!
Yes please!

+1

TjD

Who said Encounters is no longer happening? From what I've heard they explicitly stated that it is continuing after this season.
+1
Who said Encounters is no longer happening? From what I've heard they explicitly stated that it is continuing after this season.

Well, I guess "officially" they are still going, but I can't find an encounters group running in my area, even though there are 4 stores that claim to be running them. They all say there just isn't any turn-out. Therefore we just play in our normal groups, which is fine, but we aren't getting to experience the encounters content. Plus, coming in late to the 4e game, I just plain missed the bulk of encounters. We should be able to get those adventures and run them in our private groups. How about it?
The Encounters would be great, but I would really love to have the Lair Assaults for at home play.

Well, I guess "officially" they are still going, but I can't find an encounters group running in my area, even though there are 4 stores that claim to be running them. They all say there just isn't any turn-out. Therefore we just play in our normal groups, which is fine, but we aren't getting to experience the encounters content. Plus, coming in late to the 4e game, I just plain missed the bulk of encounters. We should be able to get those adventures and run them in our private groups. How about it?

Short answer, No, both Encounters & more recently Lair Assault are in-store events only. They have never meant them to be distributed for sale or home play. In your case in particular since there are no stores running it near you, might I suggest offering to run a game at one of the stores and as a reward you are entitled to keep the adventure.

Should they ever decide to offer this material to the masses, I would not expect them to do it until 5e is released. This is an assumption on my part. I also have no desire to rehash old arguments, so please fell free to search the forums because this is an old discussion.  

I would throw some cash at some of the Encounters series. The whimpering death that WotC is giving 4e is pretty sad, the system was flawed (they all were in some ways; sometimes the flaws made the game fun) but I enjoyed it as much as the other editions.

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

I wanted to have the robo beholder monster stat from kill the wizard lair assault =/
I want this too!

+1 
My Twitter
I am personally amazed and saddened by the seeming abandonment of the 4e rules. While I do not recall the turnaround process between 3.5 and 4e, I do recall that back in 2000 they released some great content for 2e right before the 3e conversion, including some great modules (The Apocolypse Stone & Die Vecna Die). I would hope that WotC sees that there is still an audience for 4e, and that new product would still be embraced by the 4e fanbase.

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

Some of the best 3.5e content came out just before 4th Edition; with the explicit notice that there would be conversions released with launch so that you could use those products with 4th Edition too.

Instead, they seem to be tapering off from 4e content, and releasing content that isn't locked to one system, or else reprinting old content.  I know we still have at least a year until 5e launches, but I'd love to see some final 4e printed content beyond the magazines.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

Some of the best 3.5e content came out just before 4th Edition; with the explicit notice that there would be conversions released with launch so that you could use those products with 4th Edition too.

Not quite "just before", more like 6 to 9 months.

Exemplars of Evil (September 2007) - Spotlight article - 4th Ed conversion article

Fortress of the Yuan-ti (September 2007) - 4th Ed conversion article

Elder Evils (December 2007) - Spotlight article - 4th Ed conversion article

Ironically (especially since we are getting those reprints of 3.5 material), both Exemplars of Evil and Elder Evils are now useful for 4th Ed (if one wants to end their campaign in an apocaliptic way), but the stats are certainly outdated.

Another irony, one of their last products was the Rules Compendium (for the irony, read the Spotlight article).

Then 4th Ed came in 2008.

Instead, they seem to be tapering off from 4e content, and releasing content that isn't locked to one system, or else reprinting old content.  I know we still have at least a year until 5e launches, but I'd love to see some final 4e printed content beyond the magazines.

Would like to see a Heroes of the Astral Sea, but i really dont see more printed material coming out for 4th Ed, all remaining content will most likely be coming from the magazines.

It seems though that they kinda listen, and although they probably wont publish the Encounters per se, possibly some of the hard to get modules will come out, they are doing it this month with the "The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan", and there are rumours that the "Siege at Gardmore Abbey" module will come out as well, would be a very good companion piece to the printed product.

I also hope that they be true to their word and come out with the promissed Epic tier adventure, the never before seen prequel to the "Temple of the Elemental Evil"

Sign In to post comments