G/W/B Human Deck

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok this is my G/W/B Human deck. i Have several win con in this deck first basic Human deck stragety is to pump up [C]Champion of the Parish[/C] by summoning other humans [C]Thraben Doomsayer[/C] and other low cost humans. Second is to summon [C]Ravenous Demon[/C] and sac humans Summoning my Large creatures is easy thanks to [C]Somberwald Sage[/C] i have summoned both [C]Desecration Demon[/C] and [C]Sublime Archangel[/C] on turn 3. [C]Thraben Doomsayer[/C] is a must as he is a token producer for Demon and Parish please tell me what you think. btw my side board may need help. Thanks!!!

Creature (30)

• 4x [C]Avacyn's Pilgrim[/C]

• 4x [C]Champion of the Parish[/C]

• 3x [C]Desecration Demon[/C]

• 3x [C]Ravenous Demon[/C] 

• 4x [C]Silverblade Paladin[/C]

• 3x [C]Somberwald Sage[/C]

• 2x [C]Sublime Archangel[/C]

• 3x [C]Thalia, Guardian of Thraben[/C]

• 4x [C]Thraben Doomsayer[/C]

Instant (3)

• 3x [C]Selesnya Charm[/C]

Land (22)

• 3x [C]Cavern of Souls[/C]

• 1x [C]Gavony Township[/C]

• 4x [C]Isolated Chapel[/C]

• 4x [C]Overgrown Tomb[/C]

• 1x [C]Plains[/C]

• 4x [C]Sunpetal Grove[/C]

• 4x [C]Temple Garden[/C]

• 1x [C]Vault of the Archangel[/C]

Enchantment (5)

• 2x [C]Oblivion Ring[/C]

• 3x [C]Rancor[/C]

Sideboard (13)

• 2x [C]Pithing Needle[/C]

• 2x [C]Sever the Bloodline[/C]

• 2x [C]Deathrite Shaman[/C]

• 2x [C]Golgari Charm[/C]

• 2x [C]Rest in Peace[/C]

• 3x [C]Sundering Growth[/C]

I like the build. However, instead of playing Desecration Demon I'd play Wolfir Silverheart. And since you're playing black, maybe some more removal... Tragic Slip or Ultimate Price.

Edit: I'm also not a big fan of the Somberwald Sage. If your trying to ramp just go ahead and add +4 Farseek.
Somberwald sage, ravenous demon, and vault aren't really that great.  Making those cuts will allow you to run a stabler g/w mana base.  Ravenous demon's cost is pretty prohibitive, and if they kill him, then you spent 2 cards for 1 of theirs.  Also, he's 5cmc, which is a lot for a 22 land deck.  Somberwald sage isn't really that good in aggressive decks, since most of your guys are so cheap.  Finally, vault is nice, but in a deck like yours with a bunch of tiny guys, township can do some serious work, and probably deserves the slots more.

Another note is that rancor is ridiculously powerful in these kinds of decks.  It should be a 4 of. 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
i would like to keep the [C]Ravenous Demon[/C] i know he is not a great card but i should like to keep.
I agree with the other posts, going to three colors is unnecessary. G/W is the best combination for humans I think. Mayor of Avabruck is great as he pumps your guys, and I've used Deranged Outcast along with Champion of Lambholt to good effect, making their creatures unable to block any of mine. Ajani would do well also in a deck like this.

Maybe someone can comment on this: Descendants Path in a deck with 26+ humans. It seems like you could get a lot of guys out fast, as well as feed Parish or Lambholt. Just an idea. Oh, and use Rootborn Defenses to protect against a board wipe
It's not that bad...
It's not that bad...

Yes, it really IS that bad.
I hate dogs.
I’ve removed content from this thread because trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
I love how cato keeps posting, trying to be helful, almost as if he expects people to listen.
I hate dogs.